News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

@Work. Eating toast/jelly. Wish I had grabbed some of Jeremy's bacon this AM.

Been feeling better for a few days now. Thank the Lord! I would have liked a few more winks of sleep this morning - especially considering how nice today is going to be here. I should have taken my last day of vacation today, but one of my coworkers wasn't sure a week ago about her plans this week. Her son is on spring break (and a senior), so she was hoping they'd go somewhere. I figured it was easier not to worry about it and just roll the day over.

Roscoe

Busy Monday. Got through the day. Got a call from a friend who is my concrete man- they are pouring my slab tomorrow for the new shop.Came in and spent the evening trimming the tree nearest to the new shop's location, and hauled the branches to the brushpile.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work again.

Toast w/ jelly again this morning, but today I did remember to grab Jeremy's bacon to pair with it. Yum.

It's another beautiful day, and I'm here at work. :(

Roscoe

:hi:
Busy day. And my slab was poured today. Edging closer to having a shop...I'm happy. Oh and the scale read 251 a few ago, down from 267 a couple weeks ago.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

After weeks of concentrated effort every single day... today I am eating the last of the baked chocolate pudding.

I have a penchant for making large batches, but this was overkill even by my standards.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

It looks like it might rain today. Right now it cloudy with pollen hanging in the air.

Roscoe

Man, it's been threatening rain all day- then about 5 minutes ago it hit. Hardest rain I've ever seen. Now it's just barely drizzling.
Get off at 5, church at 6.  No sense in driving home, just to turn around so I'm going directly to church.

Nelle

@Work earlier. Sharing a vehicle with Jeremy until his comes out of the shop (hopefully today, but expecting tomorrow). I regret suggesting the work now. LOL. I'll be here for about 12 hours today until he gets off work and gets here. Hopefully their mail isn't super awful today and he can get off a little early. If not, we will both miss church tonight.

I also have a headache, BUT I amazingly thought ahead and do have a chicken biscuit that I bought extra of yesterday morning. :)

Backseat Radio

I called off sick today. Got my 2nd covid vaccine yesterday morning. By 3 A.M. this morning I was vomiting bad enough even Pepto Bismo wouldn't stay down. Been having muscle aches, shivering, and a slight fever too.

Roscoe

That second shot got me too. Moderna vaccine.
 Morning all. In the office typing away...

MsJennJenn

Second dose is the rough one.

Covax is killing meeeee. Pharmacy scheduler here remember.
So where I used to schedule 30-50 per week on average. Now I'm averaging 150+ cus of covax.

Dyingggg.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

I'm feeling a lot better than I did early this morning. Not been able to eat much yet but at least what I eat and drink is staying down. Thankfully I  was scheduled off tomorrow.

Nelle

Glad you're feeling better.

I cannot even begin to imagine the chaos around your job this type of situation, MJJ.

Still @work. I asked for a new time update from Jeremy on if I need to sleep here. LOL. (JK on the sleeping here, hopefully.)

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 08, 2021, 04:01:44 PMThat second shot got me too. Moderna vaccine.
 Morning all. In the office typing away...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Backseat Radio

Woke up this morning with every core muscle in my body aching.

Roscoe

:hi: Made it through work. Then went to Bro Wilson's and sprayed Fred, his '52 Ford F1, with clearcoat. Hoping the storms forecasted miss us.

The Purple Fuzzy

The storms pretty much missed us. We got a little rain is all.

Backseat Radio

Had to call off work again today. Diarrhea attacks drove me out of bed at 4 AM

Lynx

I discovered the couple who raises goats and dexter cows, and sells me milk, also make cheese... four different kinds, mozzarella, chevre, ricotta and feta! I came home yesterday with a quarter pound of each kind and uncle Fred and I sat down to some serious cheese evaluating.

Surprisingly the chevre was best. I thought I was going to like anything else better than chevre, but it was NOTHING like the acidic stuff they sell in stores.

When I ordered a quarter pound of four different cheeses, the lady started talking about expiration dates. I was like, yeah, no, you have no idea how I eat cheese. A little of this cheese might make it until breakfast tomorrow. Maybe not.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Man. I love homemade cheese. My only place to get it though is a bit pricey.. about $7 a wedge, which is probably a quarter lb or so. But man, they make a smoked gouda and a smoked swiss that is outta this world for a cheese aficionado.

And Tia I hate to hear about illness. However, I'm glad the diarrhea attacks drove you out of bed. Would been much worse if they had  showed up without driving you appropriately. :lol:

Mini and his mini-mini came over yesterday. He drove Sam and we enjoyed fellowship.
And today, since Bro Wilson called and said he could preach if I wanted him to, I went to lunch with my wife- small piece of pork loin, small scoop of baked beans and half a slice of toast, although I did cheat with a Dr Pepper which I have sipped on for the past three hours- and attempted to rectify a mistake I made several years ago.
See, when I worked at the Capitol, the grounds crew was removing several small evergreen bushes. They were beautiful and since they offered them for free, I grabbed a couple.
I planted one on either side of our front door.  One died- the other thrived. By thriving, I mean it hit boost and got huge. I thought they were supposed to stay around 2 feet high or I never would have planted it there. No, it grew as high as the house and was blocking the majority of the door. Pruning it gave it the determination to come back twice as big. I figured I'd pull it up today. Hook Sam to it, put him in granny low- and the logging chain I attached to the bush broke. The bush did not appear to have so much as quivered. In a slight fit, I went and got the trusty Stihl out and a few minutes later only a small stump remains. I hate it- I'd hoped to pull roots and all and transplant it, but no, it had to get stubborn.

Lynx

"In a slight fit..." I can imagine. Me and uncle Fred both get vindictive when our equipment fails. I go into overkill mode and he just gets out the welder and whips up something that... well, is also overkill. But we get the job done thoroughly. We take it personally when equipment fails.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

@Work. Had a chicken biscuit for breakfast. I need a nap tho..

Good day yesterday. We had someone try out that I have known for several years and LOVE their family.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe