News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

For Autopartsgirl(orwhateveryourscreennameisorwasorwillbe)

Started by mini, March 29, 2011, 11:19:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Read this and thought of you.  You are the only retail worker I know...LOL

LINK

(Retail | Indianapolis, IN, USA)

(I sometimes cover shifts in another store in our region. A customer had come in on one of my shifts at the other store. She was mad because we didn't stock her size in a pair of pants and I had been unable to find another pair in our stock room. She now comes into my normal store the next day.)

Customer: "Do you have these pants in [size]?"

Me: "I can look it up in our system for you."

Customer: "That's what the girl at [other store] did. She was so rude and lazy!"

Me: "Was she?"

Customer: "Yes! She said she had them, and then couldn't find them. She was a real cow."

Me: "Actually, ma'am, our system is often wrong. I did the best I could to find the pants for you the other day. I'm sorry that you feel that way."

(The customer then realizes who she's talking to. She is speechless.)

Me: "Unfortunately, we don't carry the pants in [size] in this particular store either. So sorry I couldn't find them again."

(The customer leaves without a word.)
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

Hahahahaha!!! Made even funnier by the fact I do inventory things for my store that effects 14 other stores and yes, the system is often wrong. Lol
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

I work in retail; sort of - I'm the admin for 19 retail CVS/Pharmacy's.

That is mild lol - you have NO idea the complaints that come in on a weekly, sometimes even daily basis.
It's ridiculous!

But yes like Heather said; the system is often, OFTEN wrong. :roll:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Jenn please, please, PLEASE get them to start carrying Cella's dark chocolate covered cherries again!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

SippinTea

Quote from: MsJennJenn on March 30, 2011, 04:02:12 AM
That is mild lol - you have NO idea the complaints that come in on a weekly, sometimes even daily basis.
It's ridiculous!

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MsJennJenn

oh and seeing as it's the pharmacy industry....you seriously have no idea!

people be serious about their drugs!  :o
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Jenn...I dun forgot about you working for CVS...and Nelle woking for TJ....and Psalm working for MackyDee's....guess I know a bunch of retail people....
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Oh I don't get any flak from customers, I work in the back cooking the food.  But I worked for years on front cash at a Taco Bell.  It was the most enjoyable job I ever had, and I'm not being sarcastic.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Heather

Jenn-I used to work at CVS. Front store shift supervisor for 6 years. Not fun.

I don't deal with customers though. Only other AZ stores. But I get to hear about all the customers from all the stores. Lol
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Quote from: autopartsgirl on March 30, 2011, 11:17:06 PM
Jenn-I used to work at CVS. Front store shift supervisor for 6 years. Not fun.

Nope! lol

August will make my 10 year anniversary here! I've had the job since I turned 16!

I worked for 6 years in a store; as a cashier, photo lab tech; then a shift supervisor.
Now I work in the District Office as the District admin. Even though technically my title says I'm a "shift supervisor" because they got rid of all the district admins first of the year. My boss doesn't care though; he's ignoring it because he wants me in the office lol....so technically I could go into a store at any moment.

Very unsettling feeling. I'm trying to get out - but God's gotta intervene w/a new job!
I'm hoping to try to stay in the office until August so I can at least hit my 10 year mark and then be like "peace out! :hippy:"

Who knows...:roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Quote from: autopartsgirl on March 30, 2011, 11:17:06 PM
I don't deal with customers though. Only other AZ stores. But I get to hear about all the customers from all the stores. Lol
Awww, you only get the bad side.  CS reps always complain about the bad customers, but they never talk about the good ones.  I think it's something genetic we all inherited from one of Noah's kids.
"Do you sing at church?"

rootbeer

I worked in an automobile parts warehouse for nearly a year, both stocking and pulling parts to fill orders.  Sometimes we would get an order for a part that the computer said we were out of, and I would look for it anyway, and sometimes I would find it.  Other times the computer would say we did have one of an item but there were none on the shelf.
The name of the Lord is a strong tower.