Pedal to the floor in Sharing 504!

Started by Lynx, June 07, 2016, 10:40:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Our Pizza Hut is hit or miss. Sometimes it's awesome and sometimes it's awful.

mini

We discovered a local pizza place that is really good.

We went on a whim last night and ate.  Family of 4, ate for $20.  Two large pizzas, and had enough to left over to bring one home.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

We generally only go to local places for pizza anymore. All the chains use frozen dough now.

The Lord hears our prayers!!! Bella is now at my father in law's house!!!! Thank ya Jesus!! 15 minutes after going out last night she took a gag worthy poo in our living room. It even made the neighbors house smell [out homes are attached through a walkthru from out bedroom to their den].

Excellent church this morning. Now I should be getting off my computer to do homework which is already never ending and it's only the 1st week. Bible college starts the week after Labor Day so I know it's only going to get worse but at least I won't have the stress of that big dumb dog to tend with. Whisk is awesome and is welcome next door at anytime so I can actually stay on campus to get things done and she can go next door for play dates.

Also it was only Brandon's second day at AZ and they are already talking promoting him to a manager in the next few weeks.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Been a rough weekend.  Got a call last night as I was taking dinner off of the grill that my mama was being sent to the emergency room.
Turns out she had aspirated,  and had contracted pneumonia.  It's bad. Truthfully,  the doctor  said he didn't know if the antibodics would work or not....just have to see.
Seeing her struggle  for breath,  I have to admit that  I have my doubts  she will pull through.  On top of that I had to come back to the academy,  so I'm 3 hours away.
I went by the hospital today before leaving,  prayed for her, talked to her, and kissed her. One of the hardest things in my life to walk out of that room, knowing  it very well may be the last time I see my mama alive.
All I can do now is leave it in God's hands  and try to keep from going to pieces here at the academy.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

sunlight

Quote from: mini on August 28, 2016, 09:22:27 PMWe discovered a local pizza place that is really good.

We went on a whim last night and ate.  Family of 4, ate for $20.  Two large pizzas, and had enough to left over to bring one home.

What's the name of it? We should put this on our list of places to visit when we go back brought there.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on August 28, 2016, 11:17:36 PMBeen a rough weekend.  Got a call last night as I was taking dinner off of the grill that my mama was being sent to the emergency room.
Turns out she had aspirated,  and had contracted pneumonia.  It's bad. Truthfully,  the doctor  said he didn't know if the antibodics would work or not....just have to see.
Seeing her struggle  for breath,  I have to admit that  I have my doubts  she will pull through.  On top of that I had to come back to the academy,  so I'm 3 hours away.
I went by the hospital today before leaving,  prayed for her, talked to her, and kissed her. One of the hardest things in my life to walk out of that room, knowing  it very well may be the last time I see my mama alive.
All I can do now is leave it in God's hands  and try to keep from going to pieces here at the academy.

Praying for you. This is hard. I feel sorrier for you for this than the rest of the complaining about the academy you have done so far. Hope she pulls through.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:hi: Ground fighting week. The class is tough.  AND im haVing trouble keeping my head in the game thinking about mama. Incidentally,  kim reports no change today....not better,  not worse...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

When I got home today I found the amazon.com shipment I have been waiting almost a week for. I ordered three usb-audio adapters, one audio adapter of a different sort and a pair of water shoes. What I got was water shoes, the other kind of audio adapter, TWO usb-audio adapters and... a tube of mascara. Maybelline Volum'Express mascara, if that means anything.

I called amazon and the lady said she'd send a third adapter out pronto. She said I could keep the mascara. :eyebrow: Um... So, anybody want a tube of mascara? Never been opened.

Maybe I can use it on my cat. I got two kittens about a week and a half ago. The boy (Ethan) is a born scrapper but the girl (Lenna) is a proper lady. Maybe she would like longer, fuller eyelashes. Or maybe cats can use it on their whiskers... Or maybe I've been working too hard in the hot sun and I need a nap in front of the AC.

Work, yeah... maybe one of the women at work would take this thing.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Someone thought you needed help with your appearance, How thoughtful.

And in sharing, I just talked with the hospital. Mama is being transitioned to hospice care in the hospital. I'm going to need your prayers more than ever. This is harder than I thought it would be. I thought that the past several years of her being noncommunicative, I'd said my goodbyes and was prepared- but I'm not. As long as she was there, I guess I had this hope that one day God would heal her and she would come back to me. Now, that hope is gone.

MelodyB

I feel for you, Roscoe. I truly do. Losing my Mother is been the hardest thing I've been thru so far in this life.

Went to a Deaf weekend last weekend. It was Awesome!

Gotta go...im at work and break is over!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Lord I is hurting. This week...lord. my bruises are bruised.  I've been thrown through  the air so much today, I qualify  for frequent flier miles and should have enough for a trip to the sea.
 If I can just make it two more days this week. ..next week is mainly classroom  and wrap ups..
 Still no new word on mama. I guess  she's holding her own. Hard being 3 hours away unable to  do anything.  But if I were there, I'd not be able to do anything  either..
God's hands. God's hands. Bobby, leave your hands out of it. .

The Purple Fuzzy

* The Purple Fuzzy leaves a hug for Roscoe

Roscoe

Where did everybody go?
 I made it through the week. Stopped and saw Mama and prayed with her before coming home. Tomorrow, I need to cut down a branch that a storm broke this week, and mow the yard....among a few thousand other things.

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

I am somewhere! Not sure where though. Lol. But sure glad it's not Las Vegas anymore that's a fact!

Roscoe

Fixing to  head out in a few hours  for what is hopefully my last trip for training.  Mama doesn't  show any change, for the better or the worse. I'm  hoping to get finished with this training and graduate friday. I could care less about the graduation, but lord, I'll be glad to get back to a normal life

Lynx

Quote from: sunlight on September 03, 2016, 02:45:55 PMI am somewhere! Not sure where though. Lol. But sure glad it's not Las Vegas anymore that's a fact!
You are there, of course. (You know the rest.)

Bobby: I haven't said anything hitherto because I haven't anything to say. Never been through anything like it (training or mother in hospital) so I can't even say I know how you feel. But I feel for you.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on September 04, 2016, 07:22:47 PM
Quote from: sunlight on September 03, 2016, 02:45:55 PMI am somewhere! Not sure where though. Lol. But sure glad it's not Las Vegas anymore that's a fact!
You are there, of course. (You know the rest.)

Bobby: I haven't said anything hitherto because I haven't anything to say. Never been through anything like it (training or mother in hospital) so I can't even say I know how you feel. But I feel for you.
Just knowing that you  are there and praying  for me means the world, my friend.  Words are often inadequate,  but prayers are never inadequate and always appropriate and appreciated.
 I'm  back here at the academy now. Ready  to finish it up and take care of my life again. It has came a bit unraveled as of late, but thankfully,  the Master is holding on to the threads and will quickly make it right.

Lynx

Or perhaps unravel it some more to knit it into something different. When you get to Nigeria send me a postcard.

What? You thought all that training was so you could stay here? :p
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Finished the last morning of pt this morning.  Got night fire tonight,  then tomorrow will be some review, and some practicals on Wednesday.  Then for all intents and purpose,  we are good..

Heather

I haven't said much because I know it's just as useful to talk to the breeze.

Anywho, life is better since Bella went to my FIL's last week. Whisk has been amazing.

Today we rearranged furniture and painted a bookcase. I'm waiting for Brandon to go to work so I can write a 2-3 page paper.

Also school related, I decided to double major. Sociology and Women's & Gender Studies.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm glad you were able to get rid of Bella. Constant stress over something is no fun.

mini

The Purple Fuzzy