News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Last Person to Post Wins Round 12!

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, July 08, 2010, 05:39:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Tricia Lea

The Purple Fuzzy

Babs

whew im home. had a great time out. got to see some people i havent seen in months now. didnt get to see my homeless friend shannon, he wasnt at his normal spot. hope he is ok

oh btw, God is so good to me!  :waving:

nap time.
Religion is worthless until it is able to move outside the walls.

My latest blog post.

Babs

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

So, has this become an alternate sharing thead?

Babs

its safer for some of us over here lol

* Babs hugs mel

My latest blog post.

MelodyB

* MelodyB hugs Barb

So what did you do today while you were out? How did you bless ppl?

Babs

ah it was grand!

first i had to stop by albertsons (the grocery store) and as i came out this lady that was about 80 or so was struggling to get her basket of stuff in her car, poor thing kept dropping everything and she was crying when i saw her. i stopped and asked why and she said she dropped and broke all her eggs, and just didnt have the strength to go back and get more. she was so discouraged, seems she lives alone and has no one (like i can relate)

i got her in the car and told her to wait. went and bought her some new eggs and took them to her.

when i gave them to her she said, wow u must know the real Jesus because ppl just dont do this kind of stuff anymore.

i got her phone number and gave her mine. hopefully it can lead to some bible study, or at least a new friendship. but felt good to see her smile.

second, i had stopped by a place where i know this homeless guy lives, i posted a pic on fb. well he wasnt there and i was kinda sad and said a prayer for him, asking God to keep him safe.

later while i was at the shop, he walked in! i was so happy! he had come with a clothing voucher to get something to wear. we talked for about 20 mins or so and he talked about how he loves to read but never has enough extra money to buy books and that the library dont like him to come in and sit and read, guess they dont like dirty folks.

anyways i went to the back and talked to the manager and she told shannon that someone had donated $5 for him to go buy some books. (he would never have let me buy him anything)

poor guy cried as if someone had given him a million dollars.

felt good. blessed two ppl with less than $7 and left them with the thought of how much Jesus loves them and has not forgotten them.

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Even if you're in a nursing home (God forbid, it's BORING there!) you could go around talking to and praying for/with people.  There's always something you can do.  :)

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Babs

so are you saying i should move to a nursing home??  :laughhard:

My latest blog post.

Lynx

Ha ha.  Very funny.

If you did though, I'd recommend the one where my aunt is the activities director.  She's a nut and so is my grandmother (who volunteers there a lot) and it's generally a fun place.  Or at least not as boring as most nursing homes.

And my grandmother is still without a car, so today I can say that I drove my grandmother to the nursing home.  :D   She came back though...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MelodyB

Babs

erm im only 51 lol

i think i shall hold that move off a bit lol

wish i had a car tho, would love to go there and visit them. we did that growing up, my dad was a baptist preacher and we went to the nursing homes three times a week. loved it, so many dear ppl and oh the stories you can hear if u take time. love the elders, esp the old men, they are just tooooo funny lol

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

you can learn some great stories sitting and listening to older people talk

Babs

yep. well im gona cut outa here for now, cant keep up lol so tired. may be on later

:waving:

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

The Purple Fuzzy

* The Purple Fuzzy hugs Barb

and Tricia, and Isaac and Mel

Babs

forgot i had to do something lol and stupid station is out for the room again bleh put on my list for now. weird part is when it does that, on the computer it comes from, the sound is loud and fine. not sure why it dont go through sometimes. sigh

i did find my old stream ripper program, where you can record streaming audio. so i have been letting it run when i dont have the room open and soon will have a bunch of new stuff, and can delete all of that one guy we dont like lol

wonder where pf is tonight? (i was hitting post as u posted lol)

* Babs hugs pf, tl, and isAAc and mel

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Hugs Barb back

Hey barb I figured if the room does get messed up. before i close it i will undot myself and ask are you there first so i dont close and you are trying to fix it. Cause sometimes you on you just quiet lol

Babs

hahah yeah dont matter if u close it, i can reopen lol

My latest blog post.

Tricia Lea

Posted this on FB. I have a friend from school who just had some prenatal tests and they found out her baby has the gene for Downs. She goes for more tests Friday and is asking for prayers. Her name is Shanna

Babs

My latest blog post.

The Purple Fuzzy