News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Twin hurricanes at sea in Sharing 516

Started by sunlight, August 23, 2020, 03:45:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

@Work. Waiting on the auditor to show up at 9am so we can get our final insurance audit done for the year.

Scott - Thank you for letting us know. I am friends with her on FB but I'm not friends with her husband, so I didn't see his post. We will be praying!

Feels like a wave of sickness is going through our family. My mom thankfully is still doing better day by day after surgery, my brother is developing what is presenting as tinnitus (praying it's going to be a temp thing), then my sister (his wife) passed out several times on Tuesday evening and we don't know why. I'm not claiming my issues as real sickness b/c I'm pretty sure it's still just allergy/sinus plague. Thankfully Jeremy and my dad seem to be okay so far. Kevin (my brother) has an ENT appointment at the end of the month, but until then he has to endure the bells at his school which are practically killing his ears with the noise. I'm hoping Lian (his wife) can get a doctor appointment to have a blood lab done to rule out some things. She's had health issues in the past with sleeping issues and whatnot. Hopefully we can get her fixed up.

I'm thankful today for NO headache. With all the weather systems plus sinus/allergy issues, I've had at least a small headache nearly every day, but NOT today so far! Woohoo!

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Scott on June 09, 2021, 09:23:00 PM⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Just a heads up.

Sis is in the hospital, she has covid 19 and double pneumonia. She's having trouble breathing her oxygen is not doing well.

Please say a prayer for her
Oh, wow. I hadn't seen that. Praying for her.

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Yeah. Bleh. And with all the heat, and rain, and more bright sun and heat, the grass is growing like... well, like the weeds they are. Bleh humblug.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

It was close to 100* here today. The thermometer in our front yard said 103. :o

Roscoe

Summer is here, no doubt. Hi, y'all. Was a busy weekend. Now to begin my week off...Dr visit tomorrow, then hopefully, I will finish up Sam's fender repair, spray dome primer on it, the cab, and the grill. Wednesday, Sam has an appointment to have new windshield and back glass installed, and Wednesday through Saturday is car show... Hopefully I can find some parts we need. I REALLY want the old truck in paint by the end of summer, so I can focus on the remodel project, and Chey's 'vette.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

I saw Roscoe this weekend.

Morning all.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Backseat Radio

I'm on vacation this week. Plans to go to Tennessee fell through so I'm doing a staycation instead.

MsJennJenn

Going back to work after being off for 9 days was awful.

Florida was fun though. Came home to even more heat though. I promptly bought a blow-up pool and made a pool set-up in my back yard. Worth it. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

@Work. Felt awful yesterday. We worked in our room with the lights off since my eyeballs felt like the lights were trying to murder them. Thankfully my coworker likes the darkness. Hopefully she realized that I wasn't planning on working every day with them off, hahaha. But my head feels better today thankfully. I still have a twinge of a headache, but I'm starting to really think it's possibly my glasses or some allergy/sinus stuff.

Nelle

@Work again. Still feeling fine thankfully.

So ready for lunch.. thankfully it's only about 25 minutes until then!! :)

The Purple Fuzzy

We had an extended Spring this year but when it got hot it got really hot. :smirk:

Roscoe

Hi all. I did get to see Sasquatch. And now I'm enjoying the yearly swap meet....and my vacation time. It's very hot, but still enjoyable. Sam is spending his first night away from home in a year- he's at the local glass shop having a new windshield and back glass installed.
Debating a possible trade of the Jimmy for another Corvette...we shall see...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

We have been amazed at the temps as well. I saw a meteorologist talking about the temps in the water in the tropics even being higher than normal this time of year, which will make for a more active tropical weather season. I hope this isn't a sign of temps to come in July & August. I'm not sure my husband can handle it getting much worse haha. It's already 120°-140° in his mail truck. Thankful that the past two days were less horrific than the rest as far as temps. Still hot, but not as hot.

Oh, and I'm @work.

Enjoy your vacation Roscoe!

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on June 17, 2021, 04:22:19 AMDebating a possible trade of the Jimmy for another Corvette...we shall see...
Do it! Even I know a Corvette beats a Jimmy.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

@work again. 3 hours and 45 minutes to go.

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Spent way too much at the car show. Traded the Jimmy, but not for a Corvette. We have another Miata. Chey fell in love, it was in the budget, so we went for it. Tomorrow is church..then back to the grind. Lord, I'm dreading work already...

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Back at work today. Busy day. Got my evaluation (yearly). Boss apparently likes my work and appreciates me. I was pleased. Storm rolled through and cooled things off, but lord I am tired of rain.
And, my lawn mower, bought just two years ago, has died. Yes, it is right after warranty expired. I'm ill. Disgusted. And probably about to go buy a John Deere subcompact tractor with front end loader and mower. If I've gotta pay a couple hundred a month, it might as well be for a commercial grade machine with a six year warranty.

The Purple Fuzzy

What kind of mower do you have that died?

Lynx

So... Bro. Bobby... We all gotta know...

What color is the new Miata?
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

Morning all.

If you ever want good advice, don't get it from Roscoe...  :ugly:

He's leading me deeper into mischievousness and hobbies.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

It's probably pink.

@Work. Headache, but.. I'm currently by myself in the office, so I'm not gonna complain too much. PLUS it's nice outside for the second day in a row. WOOhoo!

I am however having to miss my husband's great uncle's funeral today since.. no one else is here in the office yet today. I couldn't make plans to go not knowing when people would return from their appointments, since they are not historically apt at communication with me about their returns. Thankfully Jeremy was able to take off work today in order to attend.

Roscoe

Well. I finally got back by here. The Miata is white. However, Chey has made John proud...she has installed pink and black seat covers and a fluorescent  pink steering wheel cover.
The lawnmower that died was 2 years ago- the bad boy. Then I bought a Walmart special, babied it- and last week it blew all of its oil out while mowing.
So, I went yesterday, looked at a Mahindra subcompact, decided I was gonna probably do it- comparable to the Deere, great reviews and about $3k cheaper- then they called me back. They had a used 17 model, just like what I wanted with front end loader, belly mower and box blade. Nearly a $20k rig new. They had to order an axle seal for it...I spoke for it at a greatly reduced rate, still with warranty on it. And the 3 cylinder diesel should last a good while. Only issue is I gotta wait a week or two until they get the seal in and installed to go sign the papers and bring it home.

And I deny all of Mini's allegations. However, I WILL say he is a pushover and easily led astray, should one so desire.
Not that I would ever be such an one to be an bad influence. :hypocrite: