News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

GP is still around, just barely alive, come share with us in Sharing 505!

Started by MelodyB, October 14, 2016, 01:06:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on November 09, 2016, 02:13:36 PMStayed up until 130 to see election results. Tired and running on coffee today. Headed to prison. Fortunantly it's just to drop an offender off, not stay there myself.
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 09, 2016, 02:26:27 PM:o
Glad you clarified that, Roscoe.

Although, free meal, free bed...no bills....not a shabby deal. haha....

Work has been insane this week. I've had 9 sick calls and it's barely Wednesday.
Woke up with a wicked awful headache this morning to boot.
 :frustrated:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Had to clarify, or some of you would be spreading all kinds of stories...
And yes. This week has been wild. And it doesn't appear to be getting better other than the fact that we are off Friday. I NEEDED a three day weekend...:clap:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 09, 2016, 06:49:24 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on November 09, 2016, 02:13:36 PMStayed up until 130 to see election results. Tired and running on coffee today. Headed to prison. Fortunantly it's just to drop an offender off, not stay there myself.
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 09, 2016, 02:26:27 PM:o
Glad you clarified that, Roscoe.

Although, free meal, free bed...no bills....not a shabby deal. haha....

Hmm... I'm reminded of an O. Henry story called "The Cop and the Anthem" where a homeless man tries to escape the cold of winter by being arrested for a crime so he can be sent to prison for three months.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

I took a day off yesterday. Stayed up late to keep track of the shenanigans then didn't want to get out of bed to face the world. The best I did was put on clean jammies after my shower. But, today is a new day and lets go try to make the world better.

Not so much the ankle now as it is the foot that is hurting.

Since my sister is now a state employee she has friday off and is planning on coming home. Hopefully she'll go with me to see my friend's band play. I still have yet to be able to make it and her best friend will likely be there as her fiance is in the same band.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Nelle

Today is my friday!

I hate that my veteran husband doesn't get tomorrow off, but we are planning a special lunch date and dinner date (dinner's on the restaurant!). I love that restaurants are giving free items/meals to veterans. Small gesture, but it makes a difference! :)

Tomorrow I plan on doing laundry.. boooo. My house has to be ship-shape before my family comes after Christmas. My brother is the definition of clean freak, haha. Thankfully there aren't enough bedrooms in our home for everyone, so no one will be staying here! I'm glad this house finally did me a solid! HAHA..

Jeremy (dear husband) is picking up Trigger from the vet today. I'm kinda glad I won't be able to ride along, I think it'll give Jeremy some time to properly mourn WITH Trigger even though Trigger isn't fully present with him. I hope it helps him.

Heather

Ive been so tired this week that I actually nodded off in class yesterday. Sheesh.

Weekend off. Today will be homework and cleaning. Tomorrow will be church and going to my friend's house afterward to do laundry. I live an exciting life.

Dad starts radiation Monday. Pray for him and pray for their finances. His car loan sold him bogus disability insurance when he purchased the car over a year ago. Now they won't pay and are threatening to take him car. I'm glad Scion went out of business. Jerks.

Brandon's immediate manager has been in the hospital for a couple weeks. Keep a guy by the name of Chris Brooks in your prayers. He's currently in ICU. However, the car parts must keep being delivered at AZ and Brandon is getting a promotion, raise, and health insurance within the next week to take Chris' spot. If/When Chris comes back, they will be sharing the spot but both will get to keep hours, etc.

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

*Lynx pads quietly through the silent room, curls up on his perch and lets his natural camo make him invisible.

MAN it's quiet in here!  Good thing this ain't a chatroom. :p
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Yeah, the chatting has nearly ceased. :sadbounce: I miss everyone here. Seth, Taco, RainbowJingles, Ruby and the rest of the gang who just occasionally drop in. Wish they go back to making a point of checking in daily, lest we lose so many memories..

And in sharing- It's Monday. And I feel like the stuff on the sole of Seth's shoe. But I can't take off work because I have so much to do. I'll probably work late tonight, and I'm here 30 minutes early , already starting on a case this morning.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm glad it finally feels like fall a little bit. The leaves are still green on lots of trees and falling like crazy from others.

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on November 15, 2016, 01:30:02 AMI'm here.

That's all.
:pound: Not acceptable! You must share...lol.

And in sharing here, I did indeed work late.  And tomorrow will be a long day too. And then Wednesday, I'm supposed to drive nearly to Tennessee to pick up a bad guy. I'm hoping I don't have to do that....

Lynx

As long as it's only ALMOST to Tennessee. Once you get to Tennessee we're all pretty good guys. :cool:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 15, 2016, 03:01:09 AMAs long as it's only ALMOST to Tennessee. Once you get to Tennessee we're all pretty good guys. :cool:
He's coming from Alabama. Which is fitting, since Taco ain't here to stick up for that country. :lol:

Heather

Between 2 jobs, classes, homework for those classes, dads radiation and subsequent care and church (plus the occasional sleep), I just don't have time to check in daily. Plus my cell phone is down until whenever we can afford a new battery which will be quite a while considering we can't afford gas, groceries, or a few of our current bills.

Roscoe

Quote from: HeatherB on November 15, 2016, 02:37:56 PMBetween 2 jobs, classes, homework for those classes, dads radiation and subsequent care and church (plus the occasional sleep), I just don't have time to check in daily. Plus my cell phone is down until whenever we can afford a new battery which will be quite a while considering we can't afford gas, groceries, or a few of our current bills.
I'm sorry, and will be praying... As far as the battery goes- I've had decent luck on ebay relatively cheaply. Bought lou an extended battery the other day for like $8...

And in sharing- Dear Lord, is it Monday again?!? I need copious amounts of coffee/caffeine.

MsJennJenn

What do you mean by battery for a phone anyway? lol what kind is it?
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Some android smartphones have a removable battery. If it dies you can pop it out and replace it. Or keep a couple of spare charged batteries in the car console for if your phone runs low and it's not convenient to charge it.
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Today I worked in the psych ward. It totally drains me mentally and emotionally. That's all.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

I had sinus junk all night last night. The sleep I did get, I must have been snoring like a whole herd of lumberjacks with chainsaws, because every time I woke up my throat was sore.

In other news, have you ever fixed a computer by accident? My aunt Diane brought a laptop over, said Windoze wouldn't boot for nothing. I booted from a Linux flash drive I keep on hand to check the hard drive. Hard drive looked okay so I rebooted to Windoze to see what the symptoms were... and it booted right up.

"How did you do that?"

"Beats me."
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Heather

I've got an LG G3. It's roughly 2 years old. I just had to replace my laptop battery this year too.

One of my professors actually forbid me from coming to class today which gives me a bit of a break. I don't have to be to campus until 3 for honor society induction ceremony and class. I may even make it to church tonight on a wednesday  :o  I think the last midweek service i made it to was sometime this summer.

My eyes have burned now for almost a week due to the forest fires we have going on. The sky has been so incredibly smokey.