News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: Cats like Sardines - It's ...
Last post by Lynx - April 11, 2024, 01:16:23 AM
Did you know that avocados have dropped to 74 cents a piece? At least around here they have.

Did you know Walmart will let you just walk in and BUY 11 avocados at a time?

Did you know if there are avocados sitting around you can eat 11 in 45 hours and not really notice?

They were good though.
Last post by Roscoe - April 10, 2024, 12:18:28 PM
It is Wednesday. Every one rejoices, because it means the week is half over. Me? My heaviest work day. Ten hours secular job, then teaching bible Study. From this point- Lord give me strength 'cause I am SO tired.  :lol:
Wanted a steak bagel. Scale did not want me to have it. Debating on whether to disappoint myself or the scale.  :lol:

Got infuriated yesterday at lunch. Local restaurant posts on facebook that they are having a half price salad day, and bemoaning the fact that they had stocked up too much for the expected visitors. Almost a guilt trip into helping support a local business who had through no fault of their own wound up in a painful situation. I was like, ok, they make decent salads, I need a salad as opposed to a burger, and half price? Sure, I'm in. I ordered a house salad with extra ranch. Nothing special. It took, no lie, an HOUR for me to get my salad to go. I was really having to pray. :pound: I woulda left around the half hour mark but I was trying to be understanding- and at that point, with over half lunch break gone I was committed. Wait or don't eat. And the salad wasn't all that.  :pound:
Last post by MsJennJenn - April 09, 2024, 04:34:24 PM
I too, am upset someone stole my life of leisure. Working is for the birds. I want to garden and frolic in flower fields with my pets all day. :demand:

It did in fact rain, thunder, AND hail just now. Thankfully hail only lasted 3-5 minutes. Hubbsters was grumbling cus he's at work and his truck got the hail lol. Oopsie.
Last post by Roscoe - April 09, 2024, 03:36:30 PM
I was not disappointed. In fact, it was good. Our church did a yard sale this weekend that brought in $1,000. I didn't have to deal with MUCH mass stupidity. And it was beautiful, and I got some much needed work done on Rusty. The thing I was disappointed at was waking up to still need to be gainfully employed. Kinda thing just s.ucks the life outta ya.
Thankful for the job, of course, and even occasionally enjoy it. But I enjoy not having to do things so much more. I was designed to be a rich man of leisure. Someone stole my life, and is doubtless enjoying it in the Bahamas!  :pound:
Last post by MsJennJenn - April 09, 2024, 03:09:11 PM
Not in totality here - but it got soooooooo dark. And then it was gone. lol

Threats of rain/storms/hail today but I think it's gonna go around me like it did last night. Super gloomy though.
Making me wanna sleep.
Last post by Lynx - April 09, 2024, 10:24:02 AM
So... You're disappointed that you didn't have to deal with the crowds you thought you'd have to deal with?
Last post by Roscoe - April 09, 2024, 01:56:27 AM
We had absolutely perfect weather. Clear, sunny, totality.. the complete package. Unfortunately for local businesses, folks got spooked as there was a chance we would not have clear skies, and they mostly went elsewhere. Oh, Russellville got a taste and I40 westbound between me and Mini was a bit of a parking lot for a couple hours, but it was NOTHING like we were told it would be and built up for over the past two years.
I stayed at home and actually checked it out- it was cooler than I thought it would be I must say. Glad it is over though. Went to Conway to take care of some business after it, and then home. Conway wasn't busy either. Back to work tomorrow. :pound:
Last post by Lynx - April 08, 2024, 10:38:24 PM
Yeah... My phone claimed we got 98% eclipse, but you couldn't prove it by us. Clouds for days here.

Well... They wanted to see something blocking the sun. That's what we got. The sun was pretty well blocked.
Last post by The Purple Fuzzy - April 08, 2024, 06:21:25 PM
It's all cloudy here.
Last post by mini - April 08, 2024, 03:30:15 PM
Good morning everyone.  We are planning on going outside and watching the eclipse, but we are not in the path of totality.