News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Youth Conf./service Pics or Vids

Started by EricShane, April 26, 2008, 05:01:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricShane

I just found this awesome video of our Youth Conference, I didnt even know a Video exisited!!!

Its kinda sad though, because I see my Brother (who is now backslidden VERRRY bad) shouting about Half Way up the Aisle, all in black... and My Sister (Who is VERY backslidden as well) dancing accross the pulpit, with the Curly Black hair, and the Yellowish pinkish dress... ooooh I see one of my ex girlfriends too... But I cant tell u which one she is... heheh

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=30548051

so... does anyone else have any other Awesome Youth Conference/Youth Service Video's or pictures???
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Backseat Radio

I don't have any pics from the youth stuff I used to go to years ago.  A couple of the years that I was in youth camp I ended  up on the end of camp slide show in the couples section cause I dated one of the most popular guys on the campground.  Sadly he no longer serves God.

It is sad to see how many youth have left the church.  Of the 15 youth I can think of off hand that attended the church I grew up in 8 of them are backslid and some others are questionable as far as their spiritual status.

EricShane

it is sad...

*sigh*  :sadbounce:

most of the youth in our church backslid last summer... me and a girl named Emily, and her brother Rj are the only ones left now...
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

apsurf

I don't think video cameras were even around in the pentecostal movement when I was in the youth groups.

Backseat Radio

I can also think of several others from nearby churches that have backslid.  it does make me wonder what we missed along the way that so many youth have chosen to leave the church.  the only one I can speak for is myself on why I chose to leave the faith.

Sis

Quote from: EricShane on April 26, 2008, 05:17:35 AM
it is sad...

*sigh*  :sadbounce:

most of the youth in our church backslid last summer... me and a girl named Emily, and her brother Rj are the only ones left now...

The same happened to my daughter's youth group. Including my daughter. There were only two or three out of a large youth group who stayed. A few came back, though, so there's hope. And the pastor's wife has a soft spot for my daughter, and she prays for her and goes to see her as often as she can.

Backseat Radio

someplace around here I do have a tape of the choir from youth camp one of the years I was a camper.  One of the songs we did had verses preceeding it that various campers read.  During choir practice the director asked for one more loud person and my dear twin Nai got volunteered. So I have her 2 different places on the tape reading that verse and on one of them her voice squeaked.

I've got plenty of memories from Indiana youth camp that I could share.

TRAV

There's nothing like a Holy Ghost service. (actually said seriously - and with a smile)

A silly thought came to mind:

Listen to the video and picture an 80's Hair-Band Rocker singing.....lol. It's funny because you can't see the singer, only hear her. Your imagination will do the rest.
PROVERBS 3:5,6

EricShane

Quote from: TRAV on April 29, 2008, 03:37:59 AM

There's nothing like a Holy Ghost service. (actually said seriously - and with a smile)

A silly thought came to mind:

Listen to the video and picture an 80's Hair-Band Rocker singing.....lol. It's funny because you can't see the singer, only hear her. Your imagination will do the rest.

lol... I guess, maybe... But thats the way we sing around here... its like Acid-Rock mixed with a little bit of Black Gospel, and a country feel  :thumbsup2: haha!

EricShane

my friend found these two video's online and Texted me... I was so exited!!! - Its my Homechurch... the two video's down, that say "House of Mercy" in one I think you can see me for a minute...

http://www.holyghostonline.com/Im_A_Pentecostal.htm