News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Youth Retreat (and free breakfast)

Started by Lynx, August 06, 2011, 06:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

You are cordially invited to the TN Youth Retreat in Nashville at the Opryland Hotel, Wednesday, November 23rd and Thursday, November 24th.  Friday of course is mass Pentecostal Shopping Day at the Opry Mills Mall right next door.

You are also invited to have breakfast at Shoney's Thursday morning.  If anybody from Godplace shows up I'll buy your breakfast.  I always go there because it's right across the street and *much* less expensive than the Opryland Hotel's in-house restaurants, and the all-you-can-eat breakfast bar is pretty good.  Last couple of years I've had company - my whole church youth group has been going along with me.

No I'm not kidding about paying.  I'd love to see some of you crazy people there - you'd fit right in with our youth group.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

If I could figure out a way I would sure be there. Would enjoy to meet you and I haven't been to a Shoney's breakfast buffet in years. They closed almost all the Shoney's in AL years ago. We use to joke and call it the "Official Restaurant of Pentecost", because it seemed like that's where all the preachers ended up for breakfast and for a late supper after camp meetings and conferences. lol
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

You'd enjoy our youth retreats too.  They used to be more like a concert but since my church's youth pastor got on the advisory board they have become more real church services.  Very good ones.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Man, I wish I could, Isaac. But I doubt the pocketbook will let Lou and I wander thataway.....It's looking like it'll be March or so before we can slip out of town for a weekend. Now if it were in Memphis........ Oh,well.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Bah!  The two people I most wanted to meet and they can't make it.  Phooey and other comments.

We've got to meet somewhere, somewhen else then.  Wingnuts like you guys have to be seen in person to fully appreciate your insanity.

At any rate, would anybody else be able to make it?  Seth, Fuzzy, Chel (although I've already met those last two, they would be nice to meet again,) MellowYellow, IowaSkirtGirl, all-the-other-people... Anyone?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Wing nut? Insanity? Oh, Taco......methinks we've been insulted. :laughhard:

Seriously- this wingnut wants to meet all you GP'rs, but when you've got a family and this economy to deal with- well, I has to do it little by little. Now if the internet and these forums had existed in this manner when I was in my early twenties, I'd have been a much uglier, male version of Chel, showing up when least expected.... :smirk2: I did ALOT of touring across America on a motorcyle those years.... Alas, responsibility and middle age, complete with a mortgage, has caught me. :laughhard: But I wouldn't have it any other way.

And Isaac, you could wander over this way some time........
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Quote from: five-oh on August 07, 2011, 02:04:55 AM
Wing nut? Insanity? Oh, Taco......methinks we've been insulted. :laughhard:

Seriously- this wingnut wants to meet all you GP'rs, but when you've got a family and this economy to deal with- well, I has to do it little by little. Now if the internet and these forums had existed in this manner when I was in my early twenties, I'd have been a much uglier, male version of Chel, showing up when least expected.... :smirk2: I did ALOT of touring across America on a motorcyle those years.... Alas, responsibility and middle age, complete with a mortgage, has caught me. :laughhard: But I wouldn't have it any other way.

And Isaac, you could wander over this way some time........

I'd rather be called insane than crazy........ wouldn't want to be accused of doing anything halfway. :P
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

On what pretext?  I can't just pop off and go there, it would be so totally unlike me that people would start thinking I had a paramour over there.  I'd need an event to provide an excuse.

Are you people having a festival anytime soon?  Catfish cook-off?  Barbecue cook-off?  Church homecoming?
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on August 07, 2011, 02:13:09 AM
On what pretext?  I can't just pop off and go there, it would be so totally unlike me that people would start thinking I had a paramour over there.  I'd need an event to provide an excuse.

Are you people having a festival anytime soon?  Catfish cook-off?  Barbecue cook-off?  Church homecoming?
Hmmmm.... well, if it would help, we can start the rumor that you have a paramour over here. Sir John would doubtless help spread said rumor, and no one in Tennessee could blame you for coming to the Promised Land of Arkansas to find a lady...... :freaky2:

I'll have to see about a festival....... :thumbsup2:

Heather

I'll see if my church is going. I know we had a few go last year.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Unfortunately, I must abide by my previous comment. Maybe some other time...

The Purple Fuzzy

Thanksgiving is a horrible time to do something like that.

Melody

We'll be heading through on our way to MD at some point to see my sister next year so maybe we can go to church with u then. 

Not this time though, especially during the holidays.

Lynx

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 21, 2011, 11:52:20 PM
Thanksgiving is a horrible time to do something like that.
Been doing it at Thanksgiving for as long as I can remember.  I think the main reason the kids like it at that time is (naturally) the Black Friday shopping at the mall.  I of course drive my own vehicle and skip the shopping... or if I do go, it is one time around the mall, quick step, just to see what there is to see. 

Sorry Mellow Yellow, we're not having it next year.  Dunno why.  And this is our last year in Nashville because the Opryland Hotel has been growing increasingly ritzy every year.  They cut out the food court (Chick-Fil-A, Pizza Hut, etc) three years ago and put in a buffet that costs $45 for lunch.   :o  We of course eat elsewhere.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

A young lady that is associated with our church works at the hotel there, I think.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

My church isn't going. The youth opted to donate their funds to help with the remodel of our fellowship hall.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Isaac, I know some folks from an ALJC church here in TX that are going.

Lynx

Yup.  Every other year the ALJC's Youth Congress (national) is there at the same time as our (state) Youth Retreat.  Which means Pentecostal Publishing will be there and I'll spend way too much on music.  :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Melody

Oh I meant in general. I'm 32 :) married with kids. Not in the least interested in youth functions unless it's for Andrew.

Roscoe

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 23, 2011, 04:02:56 AM
Oh I meant in general. I'm 32 :) married with kids. Not in the least interested in youth functions unless it's for Andrew.
My, you're OLD! :P

:laughhard: