News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Bobby, Bobby, Bobby... AC just ruins the whole effect! Roll the windows down. You can't be a good ole boy in an antique pickup truck with the window up and the AC on. Window down, arm lying on it. Every good ole boy knows the left arm is a radiator. It needs a constant airflow to dissipate heat from the body. Also you need that arm up there in the window to be ready to wave at people. Can't be a good ole boy in an antique pickup truck if you're not waving at people you know that you pass in town.

I mean really! Who ever heard of a good ole boy that rode around in a truck with the windows up? That's just plain unsociable.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 07, 2018, 10:38:44 AM<snip>
I mean really! Who ever heard of a good ole boy that rode around in a truck with the windows up? That's just plain unsociable.
Isaac, this may come as a surprise to you my friend- but I AM unsociable. LOL.
 Morning all. Back at work with a gazillon things to do. Ready for the week to be over....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Full disclosure, I'm hiding in the back room at work pretending to be working but as I'm posting this, I am indeed NOT working.

I got done with all mandatory items for this week yesterday. So today and tomorrow is just piddle days for me. I've already had to fight with power steering pumps and power steering gears and I just don't want to do anything else until after lunch. Those gear boxes are heavier than they look.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on June 07, 2018, 02:13:47 PMIsaac, this may come as a surprise to you my friend- but I AM unsociable. LOL.
If you are unsociable, what are you doing riding around in an antique truck? Antique trucks are supposed to be ridden around in by Good Ole Boys who will keep the window rolled down and wave at passers-by.

Also it seems you have a very low melting point. It has to get much hotter than an Arkansas SPRING before I start melting.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

I enjoy the old truck and drive it for me, not for passerbys,. :-p I can do the wave thing as long as I don't have to talk to them.

It was a long day. Made longer by hearing a lazy do nothing co-employee harp about how the boss spoke to her. Shoot, If'n I was the boss my communication would be real brief with her-"You're fired".  You know, I don't understand people that profess their life's dream is to do Job A, they went to college for it, then when they get it, spend all day EVERY day 1) Complaining about it and 2) trying to avoid DOING it.

My job can be stressful, yes. But hard? No. Not if you stay on top of it and document everything that happens. I actually enjoy it...most of the time. And if I didn't, like said co-employee, I'd find another job.

But you know, this employee has shared everything about her-marriage (ending in divorce at her choice)- her finances (bankrupt and about to be evicted, and owes EVERYONE in the office except me money, because I won't lend to her- former jobs, and so on. In EVERY thing, she seems intent on wrecking it. For instance, bankrupt and about to be evicted, by her admission two months behind on rent- and she took last week off and went on a week cruise. Not a cruise that was given to her either, a cruise that she scheduled around payday.
Sometimes I wanna slap sense into people. Usually my parolees. But in this case my coworker.
 I know this- I won't be trusting her with any of my job or money.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

You wave as you go by that way you don't have to talk. Everyone knows that.

I'm hiding again. This time so I can eat my breakfast. Plus I slept horribly last night. 7 hours to go until 2 days off.

Tomorrow the pastors daughter from my old church is getting married. When I first got in church at 18 years old I started babysitting her. She was 3. Now she's getting married. Thankfully at my church now I'm befriending new littles that can make me feel even older in 17 years....

Lynx

Quote from: Heather on June 08, 2018, 11:56:11 AMYou wave as you go by that way you don't have to talk. Everyone knows that.
Exactly! Heather gets it.

The best thing to do is clearly to give the truck to Heather.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 08, 2018, 12:05:16 PM
Quote from: Heather on June 08, 2018, 11:56:11 AMYou wave as you go by that way you don't have to talk. Everyone knows that.
Exactly! Heather gets it.

The best thing to do is clearly to give the truck to Heather.
I'll be waving at them then. :-)
And Isaac you are on wacky weed if ya think my beloved truck will ever leave my possession. Not as long as I still breath...Of course, Heather would be an appropriate choice as she can keep him running due to her job. LOL

taco_harvell

Just being a little transparent and asking for prayer! I went to a dentist who we had enough money to pay to remove 3 teeth that a former dentist who is now in prison for committing insurance fraud and frauding his patients left severely damaged. He was also was convicted of malpractice but had let his malpractice insurance lapse so there no use in pursuing that.

Recently the ''permanent'' fillings that weren't fell out. He drilled the teeth so thin that they broke in less than a day of the fillings coming out. We told the dentist office when we made the appointment my health issues and they said it ''won't be a problem''. Well, the dentist refused to even come in the room told his nurse to tell me ''You need an oral surgeon to pull these at the hospital due to your medical history.''.

After never laying eyes on the ''dentist'' I was charged for a ''partial exam'' and sent on my way in pain and needing at least a thousand dollars to pay for an OR to have three what the assistant called ''simple extractions'' done, not counting the oral surgeon's fee.

There has to be somebody somewhere who can get these painful things out! I've called everyone I know to call and is listed in this area. Pray GOD shows me a place I've missed, or these teeth just come out or guides my hand to pull them myself. I have a high pain threshold but three teeth with exposed nerves and infection is about my limit when it's constant pain!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Heather

I would be honored to take Rusty off your hands Roscoe 😎

Lynx

Wow. Taco that WOULD be a bit much, three exposed tooth nerves.

My first thought was "At least he is in prison and cannot do any more damage." But that don't help you none. Will pray.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Heather on June 08, 2018, 09:42:24 PMI would be honored to take Rusty off your hands Roscoe 😎
Nice try auto parts girl. Mini's tried to get him too. Not gonna happen. Without him I'd be an antisocial, miserable grump instead of the kind loving outgoing mild mannered man that I am.. LOL

Made it through another day. Glad to be off for a week of resetting and enjoying life.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on June 07, 2018, 02:13:47 PMIsaac, this may come as a surprise to you my friend- but I AM unsociable. LOL.

Quote from: Roscoe on June 09, 2018, 04:01:13 AMWithout him I'd be an antisocial, miserable grump instead of the kind loving outgoing mild mannered man that I am.. LOL
Wait, what?
"Do you sing at church?"

sunlight

Quote from: taco_harvell on June 08, 2018, 08:48:01 PMJust being a little transparent and asking for prayer! I went to a dentist who we had enough money to pay to remove 3 teeth that a former dentist who is now in prison for committing insurance fraud and frauding his patients left severely damaged. He was also was convicted of malpractice but had let his malpractice insurance lapse so there no use in pursuing that.

Recently the ''permanent'' fillings that weren't fell out. He drilled the teeth so thin that they broke in less than a day of the fillings coming out. We told the dentist office when we made the appointment my health issues and they said it ''won't be a problem''. Well, the dentist refused to even come in the room told his nurse to tell me ''You need an oral surgeon to pull these at the hospital due to your medical history.''.

After never laying eyes on the ''dentist'' I was charged for a ''partial exam'' and sent on my way in pain and needing at least a thousand dollars to pay for an OR to have three what the assistant called ''simple extractions'' done, not counting the oral surgeon's fee.

There has to be somebody somewhere who can get these painful things out! I've called everyone I know to call and is listed in this area. Pray GOD shows me a place I've missed, or these teeth just come out or guides my hand to pull them myself. I have a high pain threshold but three teeth with exposed nerves and infection is about my limit when it's constant pain!
Come see me. I have a dentist friend... could possibly work out a deal with him. He has helped me out before.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Heather

Helped friends move this morning. Picked out the perfect spot on their land for a tiny house. Lol.

Went to a wedding this evening. An outdoor wedding and reception in June has got to be in the top 5 worst ideas ever. Had a lot of fun though with peeps from my old church.

With all the lifting, walking, sweating today, I feel like I should have lost at least 5 pounds. The 1.5 pieces of wedding cake probably didn't help though.

mini

If anyone was wondering if a long haired German Shepherd sheds...

This is no exaggeration...

I just brushed out the equivalent weight (3+ lbs) of one of Roscoes dogs from my dog in hair alone.

That's about a 55 gallon sack of hair.  (Slight exaggeration)
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

Furthermore, a LHGS it's like living with a hair bomb.  You sweep, mop, clean, and she walks through and hair is suddenly everywhere...

:yikes:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

So very sleepy.

Tomorrow is FINALLY "Summer Flood" at church. If I was one of our sunday school kids, I'd be so excited I couldn't sleep tonight, haha. Me? I'm waiting on the towels to finish in the washer so that I can put them in the dryer and fall asleep for a few hours. lol.. After we get done at like 1:30 or so tomorrow, I plan on coming home, taking a nap, and then reading a book for pure fun!!

Roscoe

:hi:

Isaac, you weren't supposed to go back and bring my past comments to life. Ain't you ever heard of the verse that says "where a tree falls, there it shall lay" (probably not exact quote, but I'm too lazy to look it up now). What past should not be used against me. :pound:

I enjoyed today. Slept in, cut the yard, and towed the Crooked Coach up and set it up on the campsite at the swap meet. Whether we use it or not remains to be seen, but at least we have a place to crash and park as necessary.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on June 10, 2018, 04:21:16 AMIsaac, you weren't supposed to go back and bring my past comments to life. Ain't you ever heard of the verse that says "where a tree falls, there it shall lay" (probably not exact quote, but I'm too lazy to look it up now). What past should not be used against me. :pound:
Then space your contradictions out a bit more. When you make a statement, let a few days go by before you make a statement directly contradicting it. When you make statements diametrically opposite each other, only one day apart, it's blatantly obvious. We can much more easily ignore contradictions with a few days between them.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe, I think you're more like me in the social department. Selectively social. If I like you I'll be social just fine. If I don't know you or don't like you I'm not really social.

It drains me to do small talk and play nice.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 10, 2018, 01:50:44 PMRoscoe, I think you're more like me in the social department. Selectively social. If I like you I'll be social just fine. If I don't know you or don't like you I'm not really social.

That's actually pretty accurate, although even if I like folks I have to really work to be around more than a dozen or so at a time.

Lou says I'm weird. I have to admit she is right.

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 10, 2018, 01:50:44 PMRoscoe, I think you're more like me in the social department. Selectively social. If I like you I'll be social just fine. If I don't know you or don't like you I'm not really social.

And if Roscoe likes you he's like a pest you cant get rid of...

:ugly:

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on June 11, 2018, 03:55:09 PM

And if Roscoe likes you he's like a pest you cant get rid of...

:ugly:

I is crushed by this.

Oh well. IT's the first day of vacation. Trying to decide what to do.