News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Have you seen the weather report for Texas today? Of course everybody drives fast! They are all trying to get home to their air conditioners!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Bah. Mini is in Texas and more irritating than that, he is taunting me with pictures of my nephew I ain't seen yet! :pound: I'll have to remind young Bobby that Ugliness (Mini) comes before handsomeness (Me).
 It's kinda borderline stormy here today. We've had a few outbreaks of hard rain already. I, personally haven't accomplished much, other than replacing a relay for the cooling fan on the corvette.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

:hi: Lou's going to go to church tonight, for the first time since her surgery.  We are gonna leave out a bit early and let her walk around a local flea market a bit too. And I  need to find food. That one raspberry filled donut, 300 calories and all, don't fill up my stomach. And immediately following the car show next week, it is diet time.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

As a meal, a raspberry donut is terrible. Only eat a raspberry donut if your diet has calories to spare today.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

mini

Yes.

What's going on in your life?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

mini

OK, a recap of my weekend.

The nephew is as handsome as I expected.  I would post a picture of me holding said nephew, but I need to get that approved by Sunshiney.

Texas is hot.  And you can drive for a hundred hours in Texas and still have 100 hours to go to get anywhere.

That's about the long and short of it.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Evil, mean man. And Yes, Mel, you are missed, along with Cheesehead and others that fail to report here.
Morning all. Today is rough, coming back after a week off. I'll survive though.

Lynx

In local news, I just biked about 15 miles to work and it is my considered opinion that there is no such thing as flat ground. At least not in West Tennessee. A stretch of road can look perfectly flat, you can take a level a mile long and not detect any slope at all, but when you bike it you can feel whether it is going uphill or downhill. The difference being going uphill you feel like a wimp because the ground looks flat but you are struggling, and going downhill you feel like Superman because the ground looks flat but you are flying with little effort.

My enthusiasm for this getting-in-shape biking project keeps waxing and waning depending on my forward speed.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: taco_harvell on June 02, 2018, 07:37:13 AMWhich church do you go to? Our pastor has a son out that way.

Calvary Pentecostal Church - Rev Carl Mclaughlin
Is he single? haha jk.

Quote from: mini on June 02, 2018, 02:22:11 PMI'm in TX.

I'm pretty sure they're raising nascar drivers around here.  2 lane blacktop, speed limit 75.  That's interstate speeds in Oklahoma.  And if your not driving 85, they are passing you like you are sitting still.

We have places to go, people to see. No time for dilly dallying!!!! :demand:
My SIL (and bro) moved to Indiana last year, and she is always honking her horn at people in her town cus they go to slow....ahah she's used to Texas driving and we get up and go go go!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MelodyB on June 03, 2018, 09:07:58 PMHey all... miss me?

And yes! We of course do! And Heather too, as she's been MIA!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Quote from: mini on June 02, 2018, 02:22:11 PMI'm in TX.

I'm pretty sure they're raising nascar drivers around here.  2 lane blacktop, speed limit 75.  That's interstate speeds in Oklahoma.  And if your not driving 85, they are passing you like you are sitting still.

LOL!! Anytime I'm passed here on our Illinois interestates, it's always a Tennessee or Texas driver. Neither of them seem to understand our 70mph speed limits - until the good ole Illinois State Police light them up.

The Purple Fuzzy

I can't afford tickets so I stay pretty close to the speed limit. :)

Nelle

Me too!! LOL.

ISP is known for being extremely vigil in certain areas of their interstates, so I'm always amazed when someone flies by.

@Work. Really wish I was at home. The cats woke me up so many times last night and I'm just sleepy LOL. It's BEAuTIFUL out today and I'm sitting at a desk! It's breezy and feels nice. I'm sure Jeremy's enjoying the weather today compared to last week delivering mail!

mini

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 04, 2018, 04:41:37 PMI can't afford tickets so I stay pretty close to the speed limit. :)

Yes, but your TX speed limit is 900 mph.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on June 04, 2018, 07:19:42 PM
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on June 04, 2018, 04:41:37 PMI can't afford tickets so I stay pretty close to the speed limit. :)

Yes, but your TX speed limit is 900 mph.

Yes. Thankfully.

Just gotta know when & where you can do it. lol
Coming home from a friends house one Friday night, on one of the toll roads (which is practically empty at 2am) I was going about 92 for most of it.....lol I think I saw about 3 cars for 85% of my drive home.... :hypocrite:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 04, 2018, 02:42:26 PM
Quote from: MelodyB on June 03, 2018, 09:07:58 PMHey all... miss me?

And yes! We of course do! And Heather too, as she's been MIA!

My new position has been kicking my rear. Between it, church, and my mom constantly trying to unload her emotions on me, I'm either in the tub soaking or in bed. Lol

Taco-our landlord/neighbor has a Soul. He loves it and Brandon likes it alright. I've yet to ride or drive it.

Five Guys burgers are worth it. Sometimes that's our 1 eat out a week meal. Steak N Shake depends on the location. You never know what service or food quality you will get at ours. Both of Knoxvilles are good though.

7 days straight working, I'm going to soak and go to bed. I may not leave my bed tomorrow. Ok, I eventually will for prayer at church tomorrow.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

First bike trip to w*rk, and halfway home I get a flat. I can't believe it. I was doing well too - not too tired, making good time - and the stupid tire goes flat.

Lesson learned: Never take a trip anywhere on a bike without a spare inner tube and a mini-pump. And replace all inner tubes with extra thick ones with that goo stuff in them.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi:
 Back at work. It's a Waylon/blues day...I'm counting down until next week and my week of browsing in junk. Looking forward to my annual visit/prowl with Mini and family...

Roscoe

Ok, y'all can come out now. I scared the bad guys away. Sheesh. Where did everybody go? Was it Mini's breath? Cause I'll buy him some breath mints...

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here. It's been busy around here. :hi:

taco_harvell

Ugh...

Pray for Elona! One lady, she works with needs to get JESUS or blessed with a new job! She has rubbed everyone there the wrong way and you never know when she is telling the truth. My wonderful wife has given her the benefit of trusting what this lady has said one too many times. Elona loves Chick-fil-A, her job, and people. This woman is taking the joy out of the job she loves lately.

I've been praying for something I can do from home. There is a possibility of me managing an apostolic based company another minister started. It may require some traveling to get some training in the systems he created. Then I could basically run it from anywhere. It's a business I'd love to be a part of. Please help me pray about that.

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 04, 2018, 02:41:47 PM
Quote from: taco_harvell on June 02, 2018, 07:37:13 AMWhich church do you go to? Our pastor has a son out that way.

Is he single? haha jk.

He's married. lol 
I can't remember his pastors name for some reason. I know they bought a beautiful new building in the last 2-3 years.

His name is Jeff McGee he will be here this weekend. I think you and his wife would be friends if y'all knew each other.

I'm really considering getting rid of a lot of stuff I ''want'' but don't need. We've got so much stuff in this tiny apartment we can barely move. Been thinking about how unnecessary some of my ''wants'' are to actually have around. Especially the things we could sale a put toward actual needs or to pay off bills.

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

:hi: Court day. Halfway through this week, then I get a week off for me- old cars, family and friends, and Dr Pepper. And I NEED it too. It's becoming harder and harder to "keep my spirit right, oh lord, I pray."
I am thankful for my corner office that I retreat too, and can have limited interactions with some people who have made my days less pleasant as of late.

And Taco, I know what you mean about "stuff". It's amazing how much accumulates, especially if you are like me and inherited the packrat gene.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: taco_harvell on June 06, 2018, 08:05:06 AMUgh...

Pray for Elona! One lady, she works with needs to get JESUS or blessed with a new job! She has rubbed everyone there the wrong way and you never know when she is telling the truth. My wonderful wife has given her the benefit of trusting what this lady has said one too many times. Elona loves Chick-fil-A, her job, and people. This woman is taking the joy out of the job she loves lately.

I've been praying for something I can do from home. There is a possibility of me managing an apostolic based company another minister started. It may require some traveling to get some training in the systems he created. Then I could basically run it from anywhere. It's a business I'd love to be a part of. Please help me pray about that.

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 04, 2018, 02:41:47 PM

Is he single? haha jk.

He's married. lol 
I can't remember his pastors name for some reason. I know they bought a beautiful new building in the last 2-3 years.

His name is Jeff McGee he will be here this weekend. I think you and his wife would be friends if y'all knew each other.

Well we do have a Jeff McGee. Wife Kellie, two kids Brennan and Kinsley.
We did buy a new building year before last. We added on the sanctuary and got into it last year.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi: Made it through the day. Did paperwork to fulfill one person's wish to return to prison. Oh, and I bought a case of glass bottled Dr Pepper for next week and the car show/swap meet that has turned into Mini and Roscoe's annual meet up. And, in interest of full disclosure, I have battle the sin of envy today. Suffice it to say that when my brother in law brings his 49 Chevy over- three years newer than Rusty, but older than Sam- and he has air conditioning in it that blows snowballs, I began lusting after that item for Rusty. Kid has hit the happy medium. He has a truck that is Sam's bodystyle, similar in paint and modification level to Rusty- and AIR CONDITIONING!! Did I mention I'm jealous? I MELT in Rusty. And to make me even more irritable, he has less in it than I have in the Corvette. I coulda had that....which as much as I love the 'vette, is SO much cooler. :pound: