News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Unfortunately Isaac's still a bit flighty in Sharing 490

Started by Lynx, December 21, 2013, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

Hi Newsman!   :hi:

It's nearly -30* right now so I have no sympathy for you, Roscoe.  :P.  You guys used up all the warm air.

Wear some long underwear and a decent pair of mukluks and you'll be plenty warm.  LOL

Stinkin' southerners.     :D  :P 

Melody

Actually, I feel for everyone.  I hate the cold.  I'll take hot over cold any day.  The other day when it was -10 and Nathan was working outside, I asked him if he was freezing and he said no because he dressed appropriately.  I think it must be all his muscle helping because I have to wear an entire house to be warm in that temp!   :biglaugh:

taco_harvell

Posted a prayer request over in our prayer request thread, I'd appreciate it if y'all would go read it and keep it in prayer today and this week. Especially though keep Elona in prayer! Also, keep me in prayer that I have wisdom in handling somethings.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MsJennJenn

I'll take my 100 degrees over this cold mess ANY day. I miss the sun, and the heat!!!!!!!!  :cry2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Found this old show from the early nineties, called "Major Dad". It's hilarious!!!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Melody

I remember that show!  The 90's had some good shows. Cosbys, different World, Family Matters...

MsJennJenn

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 06, 2014, 05:32:58 PM
I remember that show!  The 90's had some good shows. Cosbys, different World, Family Matters...

Did you ever see "Hearts Afire"? Loveeeed that show. So hilarious!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Found someone else kvetching about the cold.  This is how cold it is out there right now:  http://thedoghousediaries.com/5589
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

Quote from: Newsman on January 06, 2014, 12:36:14 PM
Praying, Bobby! btw, I quoted you on air thiamine morning about the 'stinkin Yankees' weather remark, so if anyone calls you about it, I .. err, look, a bunny!
That is awesome, Jason!
Howdy Isaac and Ladies Melody, Sandra, Heather, JennJenn, Melodya, and other ladies
Seth  :pound:
This newsman has it on good authority that a certain GPer who pastors a church ran at least 60% more than the church's average at a recent Thursday evening missionary service.

Indeed.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

After another sleepless night, sweet little Lexi has been diagnosed by the vet with heart disease. She started 2 new meds and had an injection this morning and now she's snoozing away and her coughing has thus far ceased. Poor girl. And poor Ms Gregory. We just lost Cedes in November......

My roommate questioned me yesterday if I was ever actually moving in. lol. School starts in 1.5 weeks. I'm excited. Now to watch the Duggers and hopefully nap.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

:hi:
I never have trouble sleeping but last night I think I just dozed off and on, so just wanted to let you know that since I couldn't sleep I was praying for all y'all.

taco_harvell

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 06, 2014, 08:30:16 PM
:hi:
I never have trouble sleeping but last night I think I just dozed off and on, so just wanted to let you know that since I couldn't sleep I was praying for all y'all.
Thanks I needed it! Mondays seem to be my worse days lately.

Melody

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 06, 2014, 05:42:28 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on January 06, 2014, 05:32:58 PM

Did you ever see "Hearts Afire"? Loveeeed that show. So hilarious!

Nope but I liked "Wings."

Melody

Heather, is heart disease the same as it is for humans?  Bad diet and lack of exercise?

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on January 06, 2014, 04:45:35 PM
Found this old show from the early nineties.....
:sadbounce:  I graduated in '94. I don't consider the early nineties "old".... :pound:
Unless, of course you are speaking of the early EIGHTEEN NINETIES-  but that'd probably offend the Fuzzy Beast. :couch:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Thank GOD for mercy! Almost fell coming in from prayer meeting and my whole right arm missed going through a glass window by about an inch. Thank you Jesus for protection

Heather

MY-it is not. Usually old age or birth defect. Weight can occasionally be a facter but not as often as seen in humans.

Last time I checked the temp we are sitting around 3 with a windchill of -15. I hope my car will start in the am!

Roscoe

Morning. :hi:  Another round of Yankee temperatures....5 degrees here. I don't even want to know the windchill. :sadbounce:  I am SO ready for my spring/summer.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

It was 17* here this morning.  They say it's straining the power grid.  We've been using our wood stove though.

Heather

A girl I work [who lives close by] is coming over here to take a shower. Her pipes are frozen. Quite a few people I know having issues with cars, pipes, overworked heat pumps, etc with the cold snap here. I'm very thankful that we currently only have the cold. I have friends and family in the midwest area under feet of snow.

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on January 07, 2014, 02:03:04 AM
:sadbounce:  I graduated in '94. I don't consider the early nineties "old".... :pound:
Unless, of course you are speaking of the early EIGHTEEN NINETIES-  but that'd probably offend the Fuzzy Beast. :couch:
oh, lest he thinks I didn't notice :pound: Bobby

Lynx

Today is the kind of day you start thinking maybe you should have stayed in bed.  Not that it was a hectic day, or a strenuous day or a very hard day... but it wasn't a very productive day.  Furnace line 2 wouldn't come on line because the nitrogen was frozen in the pipes.  Furnace line 1 kept going down because the coolant system's water return was frozen in the pipe. 

What puzzles me is before this company moved to Tennessee, it used to operate in Michigan.  The furnace they are using now is the same one they used there, and Michigan gets a lot colder than Tennessee ever got.  If they were running fine in Michigan, why is a little cold weather - not even down to 0 F - a problem in Tennessee? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on January 07, 2014, 11:41:02 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 07, 2014, 02:03:04 AM
oh, lest he thinks I didn't notice :pound: Bobby
:P I thought I had gotten away with it..... :lol:

taco_harvell

Pray for me tomorrow! Gonna try and help with food pantry at church. They are dropping my steroid dose from 40 to 10 in one day though. Which in past experience is recipe for disaster. Pray for no bad effects and that I'm an actual help and not just in the way.

Melody

Quote from: Psalm_97 on January 08, 2014, 12:08:22 AM
Today is the kind of day you start thinking maybe you should have stayed in bed.  Not that it was a hectic day, or a strenuous day or a very hard day... but it wasn't a very productive day.  Furnace line 2 wouldn't come on line because the nitrogen was frozen in the pipes.  Furnace line 1 kept going down because the coolant system's water return was frozen in the pipe. 

Nitrogen freezing?  That doesn't sound right.