News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Unfortunately Isaac's still a bit flighty in Sharing 490

Started by Lynx, December 21, 2013, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MelodyB

Im giving Allan back his phone today...well, Im not, Taylor, his cousin...our cousin...whatever he is, is gonna go drop it off at his work. Allan told me I could use it for awhile, then he whines to his Mommy who in turn texts and calls my aunt Linda who just lost her husband and harasses her about the phone...and she says that WE are the ones being childish. :roll: He can have it, I would rather e completely without a phone than for anyone to hurt my Aunt Linda during this time that she is already going thru.

Im leaving town tomorrow with no way to contact anyone, and maybe thats the best thing. A clean break for a couple of weeks may be just the thing I need.

Of course my cousins have phones and computers, so I can access some, but Im purposely not taking my computer so my computer and internet time will be limited while away.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

Sometimes I think it'd do us all good to "unplug" for a few days or weeks. But I am weak and addicted to some forums...:lol: Hope you enjoy yourself Mel. We will TRY not to talk about you, although it'll be hard.....:-p
This vacation is killing me. I stay up late, sleep in later, and paint. I told Lou today I am going to finish the dining room, then the kitchen is going to wait for a while...I'm really dreading painting the cabinets.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Back at work today after being off since the afternoon of the 24th.  Playing catch up today then off for 2 more days. :)

Lynx

Well I only got about 35 CDs because my brother and niece went with me and they have no stamina at all. :P  Only kidding... I know normal people have no desire to spend 4+ hours in a bookstore/music store. I'll be going right through Knoxville on my way home Wednesday, and I know where I left off today so I'll finish them off in two days. Bwahaha and all that.

MellowYellow:  Red pepper (I'm assuming it wasn't supposed to be red paper...) cream could be good, depending on how it is made.  As long as you go for real cream, not that lowfat junk, it should be very good.

MelodyB:  Do check in every once in a while.  Fill us in on how it feels to be FREEEEE! :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

2 loads of things moved to the townhouse. Last bit of things that need to washed are here with me at my parents. Going to start sorting clothes and packing them. Made all the harder because I'm leaving Thursday to housesit for 9 days. I'm horrible at packing even just for a weekend. Much less what I'll need for that long with all my other things being packed too. No 'hey can you bring me such and such skirt'? Sheesh....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Chseeads

Quote from: MelodyB on December 30, 2013, 04:52:04 PM
Im giving Allan back his phone today...well, Im not, Taylor, his cousin...our cousin...whatever he is, is gonna go drop it off at his work.

Taylor the latte boy.... :sing:

Roscoe

Almost done painting..... And slightly bummed. I have a friend that bought one of my "bucket list" cars to own- a 1996 Corvette LT4 6 speed- a couple years ago.  Semi-rare car (There were only 6359 made) in beautiful condition. He'd mentioned in passing that he would probably sell it someday. I've been trying to pay off the mountain o' debt I went into to keep Daddy's truck when he died, with the fervent hope that I would be close enough to having it cleared when Charlie decided to sell.. Bah. He called today. I'm 6 to 9 months away from where I need to be to buy. :pound:  It ain't fair. :sob: My dream car, gets 30 mpg and is ready to daily drive, and I can't raise the 8 grand I need..... :sob:  I may still go torment my banker, but I suspect I owe a tad more than I need to get the payment right..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Melody

Roscoe

Ugh. Noon is too early to be awake today.  :P
Lord. I have not one ounce of energy or motivation today. Glad it's still my vacation...

Melody

Same here. But I have to clean the church. 

I think I may not be feeling so hot and might just stay home instead if partying after church. What can I say.  I'm getting old. Lol

Lynx

We're not having church tonight.  No church last Wednesday night, no church tonight, and I missed church Sunday because I was out of town.  Bleh.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

A friend of mine posted this.  You might want to use it for your own site.  Sometimes it's GOOD to take a break from the internet. ;)
https://scontent-a-iad.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/q72/1486783_652270244877298_459546560_n.jpg
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

It's a good thing I didn't carry my knife into work today. It was ridiculous. Not just busy but my coemployees were just....stupid....

Moving some more things this evening then attending my friends birthday party.

Roscoe

Lou drug me to Conway to see the newest Munchkin in her family- her baby brother Joe and his wife had their second child, a boy. There were more folks out and about than I liked, but to be truthful if there'd been two people out it would've been two too many.:smirk: Now I've made it home and have my family with me, so I don't have to worry about drunks on the road for the most part.
There was a time a few years ago, this was the night I looked forward to all year. I LOVED working roadblocks and arresting drunks. Weirdly, though, I'm not missing that as much as I used to. Still a little pang of knowing I'm missing out on the fun of taking drunks off the highway, but all in all, I'm okay with resting at home. :lol:

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

Bobby:  Try being in Ireland on St. Patrick's day.   >.<
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

I won't know how to react when I have to go back to work....Chey and I have enjoyed the whole stay up late/ sleep even later thing. :P We didn't go to bed until two this morning, then slept in untli one...

The Purple Fuzzy

It's so pretty out today. I don't even need a jacket.

Roscoe

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 01, 2014, 09:06:27 PM
Roscoe is avoiding me.  :ugly:
Negative Ghostrider. Evidently Roscoe's cell service is avoiding HIM.  :P Besides, the one message I got from you suggested work. And fortunantly I received it too late to help. :ugly:

Heather

Everything but me and my bed are moved. Everything is unpacked that can be until I get my bed in there and situated. Really proud of myself for purging books, movies, and clothes. I have a tendency to hold onto things forever....

Roscoe

Groceries bought. Dinner cooked. (Parmesian Herb Ranch chicken breast, corn, mashed tators, tea, with Buttermilk pie for dessert, by request from chey) :fork:  Now- relaxation time.

Melody

I need a statue of a southerner to smack every time it snows.  I'm sure not all southerners are that incompetent. Idk what else to attribute it to. It's not LAVA. Or even ice. LOL. Snow on the road does not mean it's insanely slick.  Just don't go 80 mph.  That does not mean going 35 mph on the interstate that is basically clear.  I get at first it's disconcerting but c'mon it only takes a few minutes to get a feel for it. This is qualifying enough that Missourians consider themselves southerners.  No northerner would claim them. 

I am going south for the first time in my whole life in 3wks.  Alexandria, LA. Driving. I hope I survive.  Lol

Ok.  I'm done.  Thank you. 

*runs off giggling annoyed*