News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Unfortunately Isaac's still a bit flighty in Sharing 490

Started by Lynx, December 21, 2013, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Especially if there's chocolate around.  Mmmmmm, chocolate...

I'm sorry, where were we again?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

The Purple Fuzzy

Newsman

Lynx

I have flown once.  You should remember, it was the trip down to Texas when my car broke down.  You met us at Wal-Mart when I was picking up a go-phone and backpack for the trip.  You even helped me consolidate my luggage into fewer packs (which incidentally saved me a good $80 that I would have had to pay for a third baggage.)

It was a  boring flight.  I didn't even have a book to read. Fortunately it was only a couple of hours.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

We thought today was the day with Pastor. But he remained stable, and they decided to do an EEG. The results came back that he had more brain activity than originally thought, so they want to get him more stabilized with meds and rest over the weekend and do an EKG on Tuesday to determine just how much brain function he has and if it's enough for him to be taken off the machines and live a somewhat normal life again.

I'm exhausted...we had like a family reunion today...there were SOOOOO many people, family and friends packed into the waiting room. I'm fellowshipped and stressed out.

*sigh*

Goodnight.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

SippinTea

*Hugs* Mel

Taco - T-mobile has been REALLY good to my family. We've had 2 or 3 times now when we had a family emergency that sent us WAY over the minutes we were paying for, and they waived all the fees for us, AND gave us extra minutes to finish out the month. It would have been outrageously expensive if we had had to pay for them all.  :o

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

taco_harvell

Quote from: SippinTea on December 22, 2013, 06:01:37 AM
*Hugs* Mel

Taco - T-mobile has been REALLY good to my family. We've had 2 or 3 times now when we had a family emergency that sent us WAY over the minutes we were paying for, and they waived all the fees for us, AND gave us extra minutes to finish out the month. It would have been outrageously expensive if we had had to pay for them all.  :o

:beret:
They've been great to us till know. Loyalty department has been "redesigned". They are no longer focused on keeping long term customers but instead "growing new business". Even, admitted in an email they "mislead us for over a year promising us a free phone upgrade in November". Then when I asked them to stand behind the promises made they responded with "our company has decided to make these changes and we don't have to". Our phones are dying and unless we go back to $30 flip phones getting new phones with their new setup would almost double our bill.(Which we can't afford, especially right now.) In the middle of this we also found out their customer service has been out sourced under the new CEO. It was very disappointing.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Step one: Get an "unlocked" phone.
Step two: Get an AT&T gophone sim card.
Step three: Pay $30 a month for unlimited talk and text, or $60 a month for unlimited talk, text and more data than most people will use in a month. :)

No, AT&T did not pay me to advertise for them.  It's just the best way I've found to go, and I've looked at everything I could find that was available.

Alternatively, instead of AT&T, get an Airvoice Wireless card.  Or Red Pocket Mobile. 
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Red pocket is amazing. Dad has unlimited talk text AND data for $30 a mo. Albeit he only uses the talking part...he couldn't care less about texting or data. :roll:

Old people don't need cell phones.

Anyway. I can't breathe this morning...seriously. I got out of the shower and was like hyperventilating or something. I coughed and fought things all night. Spiritual things. I feel like something is sitting on my chest and I cannot breathe.

I better learn quick cause I have two of the leads in our Christmas musical this morning. Y'all pray for me. And still for pastor. In fact, I'll be fine. Just spend a few mins praying for him.

Thanks.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 22, 2013, 11:28:35 AM
Step one: Get an "unlocked" phone.
Step two: Get an AT&T gophone sim card.
Step three: Pay $30 a month for unlimited talk and text, or $60 a month for unlimited talk, text and more data than most people will use in a month. :)

No, AT&T did not pay me to advertise for them.  It's just the best way I've found to go, and I've looked at everything I could find that was available.

Alternatively, instead of AT&T, get an Airvoice Wireless card.  Or Red Pocket Mobile.

$60 a month is a rip off to me when I get all the minutes I need, unlimited text, and unlimited data for $35 a month. I've never gone over my allotted 300 minutes on Virgin Mobile.

Roscoe

Morning, all. Back at work.. Just today and two more, then nine days off.....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

I have to work Monday all day & Tuesday until 2, then I'm off for five days. :D

Heather

I am so thankful that God takes care of us. I'm a mess at taking care of myself.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Newsman

Melody

Wish I had a fireplace so we didn't have to just throw our Christmas tree out when we're done with it.

It's been a nice day despite the ice and bit of snow out there.

Backseat Radio

Stayed put at home all day.  Got a case of achy muscles.  :sadbounce:

Hoping I survive the last 2 days of holiday shopping madness.

Lynx

Tia - you don't go over 300 minutes per month?  I thought I was the only one who used a phone that little.  I'd much rather talk to someone in person.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

Now why didn't I think of this?!

www.gocomics.com/foxtrot/2013/12/22
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Today, and one more day.....Lord. Bro Wilson preached last night, and went to monkeying with MY bible study. Apparently the study's worked on him too and he needed to expound on it. Excellent message.
Lou and Chey have decided for me, that since we aren't having company for Christmas and her mama is having a family Christmas Saturday, we are NOT having a traditional Christmas dinner. I was told to pass on the ham, pass on the turkey- I could either cook Roast Beast or buy some steaks. As I know not what a Roast Beast actually is, we shall buy steak. :lol: Some small ones. Hopefully some the butcher has cut to half price..:lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

Our family has been doing that for a few years now.  We do steaks on Christmas day.  Its a great way to change the menu.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

What do you MEAN you're not having company?  I'll fix that! I'll hit the road as soon as we're done here.  My family all gets together for Christmas breakfast.

Or at least that's what I wish I could say.  In reality we go back to work Thursday, the day after Christmas, so taking a trip down there would be unfeasible.  Last year we were off three weeks, for lack of business.  This year they're squeezing every work day in they can without starting a revolt among the workers.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 23, 2013, 11:52:42 AM
Tia - you don't go over 300 minutes per month?  I thought I was the only one who used a phone that little.  I'd much rather talk to someone in person.

I don't either - I barely hit 150 a month. I have like loads of rollover minutes.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Psalm_97 on December 23, 2013, 11:52:42 AM

Rare that I use more than half of my cell phone minutes. If I have to talk on the phone I prefer my home phone that I can hear better on. Mostly have the cell phone for my convenience. If I can break my Internet addiction I could bump down to GoPhones $25 a month plan.

Backseat Radio

been cleaning out unnecessary email subscriptions since  junk mail is mostly what I get anymore in my inbox.  Annoying how many places automatically put you on the email list if you buy something from their site or sign up for an account.