News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

How Many Turkeys Can We Brine in Sharing 489

Started by Melody, November 09, 2013, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Melody

That stinks, Isaac. I'm sorry. I'm glad you ended the misery right then and there.   

Rest of my day was better. Took some fresh hot rolls over to my neighbor and she offered me a tiny job. She also mentioned she was raised Pentecostal.  How very interesting. 

I then babysat 3 sweet mumchkins while their mama had to sing at a funeral.  Children laughing, jumping in leaves, cheering.

So I made them dark chocolate chip cookies.  :D  praise team practice to end the evening.  Our praise team is wonderful, awesome people.

Hannah has a friend over and they're currently watching Funniest Pets home videos.  Giggly girls are sweet.

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on November 16, 2013, 03:04:19 AM
Rough day...
:sadbounce: Me too, although probably not as bad as yours.I'm awake and can't sleep. Coughing feels like I have a plow at work in my chest, and I've got a fever- the whole nine yards. I can't lay down for sinus drainage and my nose is stopped up- go figure, Didn't know you could have both conditions at the same time. No way to use my sleep machine either. To make matters worse, I'm freezing to death even though it is 77 degrees in the house and I have three comfortors piled on me. Bah. I hate sickness.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Morning y'all.  I'm here sipping a cup of hot boiled custard.  I'm always glad when this season rolls around and stores begin carrying the good stuff again. 

Bobby:  Take zinc.  The body uses zinc to manufacture antibodies, or so my mother says.  All I know is if I take a lot of zinc (preferably via Cold-Eeze) and lie down a lot I have one day colds.  Only way to beat that is not get a cold at all, which I have never figured out how to do.

Got a full day today.  Gonna fire up in the church kitchen at 9am, making stuff for tomorrow's church dinner.  Memorial service at 3pm for a couple that had a stillborn baby.  Family (early) Thanksgiving dinner this late afternoon/early evening.  Uncle Fred will be disappointed because I won't have any time to make deviled eggs, but you can't do what you can't do. 

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

You are sipping a cup of whowhawha?

Never heard of such a drink.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

Eggnog? 

Giggling girls is not as sweet of a sound at 3am.  Lol

I'm getting old.

*whacks Mini with my cane*

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Melody

*thinks it's a rat. Screams.  Shoots it.*

Oops. Sorry, Roscoe.  :-\

*offers Roscoe Peace offering of stilts*

*slyly duct tapes the remnants of Roscoe's toupee to Mini's back collar like a "rat tail" the bald man's mullet*

taco_harvell

Went out came back..... Preaching 2 services in the morning and so far got  zip. Pray saints!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

MelodyB

Last evening was the most horrible evening of my life. At least the one good thing was I was as high as a kite and after the pain subsided, I was feeling loopy and didnt care about anything. Trippy. :hippy:

My back went out...or something. I have been fighting an ache in my lower back on the right side for weeks now, and yesterday, something seriously snapped or something and my whole right side from under my ribs down to my knee was in SERIOUS PAIN. I mean I was screaming and crying and I couldnt move. at one point I was stuck to the wall hanging on, a mere three feet from my bed and I could not move. Just stood there and cried.

I finally was able to get to my bed, and dear God when I layed down it was 20X worse! I cried and screamed and Dad rolled in here and gave me TWO pain pills AND a muscle relaxer. So I had a Lortab 10, and a Oxycontin, and whatever that muscle relaxer was. He said take it all now, so I did. I was in too much pain to even remember how much I hate pills. Good Lord, it was horrible. I finally calmed down enough to doze in and out, and the pain finally lessened. By the time Allan got off work, and showered and over here, I was flying. He just sat on my bed while I dozed in and out and tripped on those meds. He said I was hilarious, and I dont remember much of anything....All I remember is him being here, and then waking up when he kissed my forehead and told me goodnight, and the next thing I knew I was awake, alone and it was all dark and quiet. lol Wow, what a ride.

This morning I was back to normal, (well, the normal Ive had the last few weeks with dull back pain) except I had a slight hangover/headache, and now my back is starting to spasm out again. I need to go get a shower before I go get Allan from work at 1, and then we may go to the hospital. Depends on how I feel. All they will do is give me drugs, which I dont like taking unless Im desperate...which I was indeed last night.

Anyway...thats my share for today.

I did manage to make a pot of chicken and dumplings awhile ago, and it smells amazing!   
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

MelodyB:  Sorry to hear that.  Especially about having to resort to medication - I too won't fall back on that unless I absolutely have to.  Bleh. 

Mini:  Boiled custard is like eggnog without the spices.  Or like egg custard pie liquified.  Milk, cream, sugar, egg, boiled.  Of course the boiled custard in the store has a few other things added for shelf life.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

I may get banned for this one, but does it taste anything like eggnog?  I havent ever really had eggnog, because the stuff I have tasted really wasnt good.

Lynx

I don't know what "good" is because I don't know what you like - some people just don't like it.  But if you take a really good quality vanilla ice cream and melt it down, that's about like good boiled custard.  For good eggnog, add nutmeg and/or cinnamon, allspice, whatever.

There are many different kinds of eggnog and boiled custard though, and some of them aren't so good.  Grandma got some Purity boiled custard that has high fructose corn syrup in it, and it tastes too sweet, almost icky sweet.  I tried some Kroger eggnog and it tasted like skim milk with sugar in it.  Just depends what kind you get.
"Do you sing at church?"

mini

I think I have had 2 kinds of eggnog.  One was a store bought that was pretty awful tasting.  The other was a homemade version, really thick, sweet, and pretty good.  I seem to remember both had a weird spice taste that I wasn't use too, and it threw my taste buds off.

Heather

Made it through work yesterday. Brandon was working on his car [heater core] at the house. I stopped at the store and my car overheated.

Went to Knoxville today with my mom. Met up with my sister. Shopping. Eating. Wedding dress picking up. Mom and Paige both tried on and ordered dresses. Got back toward the Tri and mom dropped me off at Brandon's moms. After he worked, got my car fixed, he had to go fix his moms car too. Went to the gym. First time in a month. It was much needed.

Tomorrow is church and back to B's mom's to finish her car.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

MsJennJenn

Eggnog = yuck

Finally figured out who has the bass-bumping music (besides me) and likes to blare it beyond normal hours (which I do not). I just feel sorry for her three children - all under age 6.

Call to the office will be in order on Monday. Seeing as this is the second day or night rather in a row it's blaring!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Melody

I love eggnog but only a certain style I suppose.  It has real cream in it.  Anderson Erickson is the dairy brand I grew up on.  It's made in Des Moines, IA.

http://www.aedairy.com/products.cfm?ProductCategoryID=53f151c1-65be-f4bb-aee4-b3f61d64a4b7&ProductID=ac011dba-65be-f4bb-af26-e862e3fcbe31

They make a good eggnog. The farther north you get, the better the quality of dairy is what I understand.  But I don't know that first hand since I've not been down south yet.  I don't know that I've made it homemade on purpose... lol

Well, the missionary that was set to come preach next week, broke their hip.  Change of plans. Must stay flexible so as not to get bent out of shape. :)

Lynx

Don't bother with Turner or Mayfield, they don't have anything good.  For some reason the Value Checked brand, though the name sounds like a cut-rate knockoff, makes some very good boiled custard.  Southern Comfort vanilla spice eggnog is also good (and no, it's not alcoholic, despite the name.)

And y'all probably have better dairy because dairy farms are not prevalent in this region.  But we have lots of places to get really good sausage from local butcher shops, and we have real buttermilk biscuits aplenty.  Someone needs to get to work inventing a teleporter already, so I can pop around to the best places for different foods and have the best of all worlds. ;)
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

So many things poundworthy over the last couple of days. Sadly I don't feel like swinging the hammer. The last two days have been a nightmare for me. I've spent them in the recliner, I can't taste anything, and the constant coughing is killing me. I've taken so much Nyquil and its affiliates it ain't even funny. I had to come in to work today because we are shorthanded...:sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

On the upside you can be cranky to any and all at work today and you have an excuse for it. :D

And at least there are two days you didn't miss of work because you were sick on your days off.  Stinks for essentially forfeiting fun time, but better for the ole wallet. ;)
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Crazy weather. We had the wood stove going a few days ago & had to turn on the air conditioner today.  It's 83* outside right now.

Heather

Church is over. B's mom's car is fixed. Now we are back home and trying to pick up/clean the house. I tend to call days like this recovery from hurricane Mike. He makes a mess and expects us to always clean it up. I'm not sure what he's gonna do when we ever move.....

Anybody heard if Seth has been blown off the map yet? Heard there are bad storms up there today....
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

I texted him earlier & he was fine. The bad stuff was north of him at that time.

Lynx

Weeeee!  Church was a blast!  Preacher preached on praising God BEFORE the victory.  He used Jehoshaphat of course, where he put the singers at the front of the army.  Wonderful service.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Makes sense - my lungs are enough to ward off an army. Heh :hypocrite:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine: