News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

How Many Turkeys Can We Brine in Sharing 489

Started by Melody, November 09, 2013, 06:32:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Brine?  Whatever happened to the good ole redneck tradition of deep frying that bird? It just ain't Thanksgiving without someone getting deep fryer inflicted third degree burns.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

:o  I think I'd rather put it on the smoker...

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MelodyB

SisMom makes the BESTTTTTTT brine turkey. Holy Cow. I have the recipe somewhere. Its amazing!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

I would suspect you haven't truly lived then. 

Lol

*giggles*

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 10, 2013, 01:28:43 AM
Never heard of brine turkey...
:stupid: Glad I ain't the only one. Mama always just roasted our bird, although I've tasted deep fried before. Brine, though, is something I know ought of...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Well we have enough turkeys around here, and I can throw in a few coworker turkeys from my workplace.  We should be able to set a world record for brining turkeys, if you have enough brine for the job.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: At work, trying to get something together for tonight. Bro Wilson's dad is in the hospital and it is unknown if Bro Wilson will make it to church due to that. Have  half a dozen unrelated scriptures running through my mind. I swear I don't know how a pastor has three sermons a week ready. I'm pulling my hair out with occasionally...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

And God knows you cant afford to pull any more out....

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on November 10, 2013, 04:37:00 PM
  :hi: At work, trying to get something together for tonight. Bro Wilson's dad is in the hospital and it is unknown if Bro Wilson will make it to church due to that. Have  half a dozen unrelated scriptures running through my mind. I swear I don't know how a pastor has three sermons a week ready. I'm pulling my hair out with occasionally...
Keep a small notepad on you and when you think of a good message write it down.  Later when you need one look over the notepad.  It sounds like cheating but you'd be surprised how a message you have done totally forgot about can catch fire and the whole sermon falls into place in your head.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Or just use the notepad on your smart phone, then you'll always have it with you.

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 10, 2013, 07:17:21 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on November 10, 2013, 04:16:16 AM
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/10/my-favorite-turkey-brine/

Sounds like a lot of work. And more expensive cus u have to get a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one.

Depends on where you get the turkey around here. They're running wild everywhere.  The ingredients aren't expensive.

MelodyB

SisMom used a frozen one with her recipe. Just thawed it a few extra days early.

Lynx

Quote from: MellowYellow on November 10, 2013, 08:29:15 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on November 10, 2013, 07:17:21 PM
Quote from: MellowYellow on November 10, 2013, 04:16:16 AM
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2010/10/my-favorite-turkey-brine/

Sounds like a lot of work. And more expensive cus u have to get a fresh turkey instead of a frozen one.

Depends on where you get the turkey around here. They're running wild everywhere.  The ingredients aren't expensive.
You ain't kidding!  Stupid things keep flying right in front of my car when I'm on my way to work.  Serve them right if I hit one.  So clumsy and slow in the air, they should just stay where they're roosting when I go by.  They couldn't fly fast enough to get away from a bear that was blind and lame.

And Ben Franklin wanted to make the turkey the national bird?  Feh!
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on November 10, 2013, 06:57:40 PM
And God knows you cant afford to pull any more out....
:pound: :pound:
Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on November 10, 2013, 08:03:38 PM
I thought he got an android a while back...
Indeed I have. I've had a smart phone longer than Ole Weird Cat. :hypocrite:
And I DO use the notepad app, as well as other things. I actually had a full message put together, but it didn't "feel right". As a result, I had scribbled down around five Psalms that spoke to me, among them Psalms 37:23-26-basically about God not forsaking His children,and expounded upon them a bit. Wasn't a barnburner, but several folk told me it was what they needed, with Bro Wilson telling me I should've titled it "To Bro. Wilson"...
Chad and his family were there, but left after Sunday School and getting prayer, he was still mighty weak from the hospital stay. And we had yet another totally unconnected backslider walk in off the street tonight- a lady in her 50's or 60's, came in. Lou thought she looked like one of her customers- she was right. The lady said she'd been to every other church and wanted to try ours. She informed the pastor after service that she would definatley be back, and remarked that she'd "came full circle". Her dad was an Apostolic preacher when she was a child and they had a family band. She made the comment that "this is what I grew up in." We were, of course, excited. :clap:

Lynx

Barn burner... I'll have to remember that one.

And about the phone, I've been wrong before and I might possibly even be wrong at some point in the distant future. 
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on November 11, 2013, 03:22:37 AM
Barn burner... I'll have to remember that one.

And about the phone, I've been wrong before and I might possibly even be wrong at some point in the distant future.
...or the not-so-distant-future...:P  :P

Lynx

Hush thou.  You probably won't even know the next time I'm wrong, because I'm here and you're there.  And I'm sure not telling YOU next time I make a mistake... :P
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy