News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Death, especially the death of someone so young!

Started by Scott, August 04, 2011, 03:43:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

One of our own; Brother Thomas "Yooper" Richwine passed from this life yesterday and many are sad, distraught and angry. Some of us had the opportunity to meet him, talk to him and laugh with him and some just laughed at his posts.

I looked in his posting history and this is the last thing he said on Godplace

QuoteBol! Somehow I missed that... But go Roscoe! LOL

He liked to laugh, loved God and enjoyed worshiping the Lord. I sat on the platform when he visited our church and he was really into the worship. 

He was excited about getting married and seemed to count the minutes...

Quote5 1/2 weeks till the wedding...

Dear Lord... only 20 days... or 480 hrs... or 28,800 min... or 1,728,000 seconds... yikes...

He had blond moments

QuoteSo I am guessing I'm having a blonde moment (which doesn't occur often... lol)... but was there a point that you were going to make regarding this?

He loved the Tales of Narnia
Not to mention all of Narnia!!

Shame on you 5-0... Not knowing about Narnia and mentioning Tea in the same sentence! That is heresy! Everyone knows that ST loves Narnia... And to use part of her name in such a terrible way!! *shame shame shame* Yoop shakes his head!

P
Quotelease, please, please... Do not take pot with you into Narnia! Just seems like high-talking animals would be wrong!

A centuar is a formidible foe... Or a wonderful friend... But hangin out with one who is stoned... Or a stoned faun would be too much! Lol

That lamp post is not the right kind... So I have my doubts about your Narnian adventure...

For some he was a very close friend....

Quote from: five-oh on August 04, 2011, 03:38:09 AM
  I'm not ashamed to admit I've cried my eyes out since hearing the news...

Good night all. And just because I don't think I ever got to tell Yoop- I love you all, and your friendships mean the world to me.
:waving:

Death comes to us all - young, old, single, married, happy, unhappy, saved and unsaved.

Psalm 23

Quote1The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

We do not understand why our brother left this life so soon, we don't understand and may never understand. But in this time of grief, sorry and confusion let's rest assured that the Lord will keep us and if we trust in him we will be okay.

Quote2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

When we allow God to be in control, when we turn to him in times of sorrow and grief - he will give us a peace that we just cannot understand. We can go through difficult times with peace.

Think about sitting on a lawn chair - with a tall glass of lemonade or Iced Tea just looking over this scene

It is such a peaceful scene when we allow God to be in control, we can go through anything - with  peace in our heart.  While others are in turmoil, we are sitting along this stream enjoying the love of God.

Quote3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

When someone dies, especially one so young and perhaps for some the first person your age to die suddenly,  our insides feel torn up and we just cannot explain the feeling.
Know that God will restore your soul, he will  give you peace and lead you along the right paths.  He loves us and in our distress, he is there to lead us.

Quote4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Today each of us are walking through the Valley of  the Shadow of Death...   The Shadow of Death.

We have not walked through Death - but the Shadow of Death. That Shadow is touching each of us today and fear is creeping out of those Shadows trying to scare some of you.  Don't let it ! Don't let it give you bad dreams, don't let it make you depressed and feel free to cry it.

We have Jesus with us and in us - we have no reason to fear for he will protect us and comfort us.

In November of 1995 my dad died, in Feb 1996 my grandfather died and my life crumbled down around me.   Twice in 90 days I had to make a long hard trip to the funeral of one of the two men in life.  My heart was broken - I no longer had a dad or grandfather to  call when life dealt a nasty hand to me, no longer did I have someone to run to and cry on their shoulder.  Then God reminded me...

QuoteJohn 14 KJV

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

God will not leave us without comfort, he promises to come to US!

How will he do it?

Quote26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

The Holy Spirit of God that lives wihin us will comfort us and give us peace that passes all understanding

QuotePhilippians 4:7  - KJV
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Take joy in that your God will comfort you and bring you peace.

I offer this challenge to you; over the next 30 days as you deal with grief and loss; read five (5) psalms and one (1) proverb per day.  Put the peace of love of God into your heart.

I won't give platitudes and catch phrases about his death, the fact is that death will eventually come to us all! Most of us will not have any warning, so all I can say is Watch and be ready for at the hour you think not...

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

RainbowJingles

Wow...  that picture totally reminds me of the park where we went to take pictures after Ruby's wedding.

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

RainbowJingles

And thank you, Scott (thanks for the reminder, Ruby)!

EricShane

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

The Purple Fuzzy

I just saw a "guest" looking at his and read through it again.
Kinda hard to believe it's been 2 years.

SippinTea

sunlight

Is seems like a lifetime ago... Much longer than 2 years to me...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

*SIGH*

I miss him. I remember the exact time and place I was when I got the call, and in turn made a few calls myself. I remember that feeling that didnt go away for weeks in the pit of my stomach. I remember all the tears. But I also remember how close it made the rest of us, and how we learned to appreciate one another thru our grief.

*HUGS*
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Scott

I remember that a month or so before he died, he came to our church and we visited for a while. When he left, he promised to return in a few months.  *sigh* 
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

clark thompson

The Lord made a Way.

Lynx

Quote from: clark thompson on September 19, 2013, 11:00:24 PM
Death can be unexpected. We need to beready.
If HE didn't make it, the rest of us don't have a chance.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

taco_harvell

Thought about Thomas a lot recently. I still wish many times I could just give him a call.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

SippinTea

He's been on my mind a lot lately, too. So has my Nana.

"I've got leavin' on my mind......" :)

taco_harvell

Found this the other night. Just seemed to catch the essence of Thomas. I miss that dude!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/