News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Political Issues and Christianity.

Started by Scott, February 02, 2016, 04:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Election cycle Pet Peeve: Religious Manipulation as a means to get someone to vote for your candidate.

I've done some research on this and found out that no one in the bible from Genesis to Revelations was either a Registered Democrat or Registered Republican.

In the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus never once discussed political party affiliation. It is not in the Ten Commandments nor anywhere else in the bible.

We live in a country where you get to vote for whomever you want to vote for. You get to make a stupid or a smart vote and you still can call yourself a Christian.

This brings me to our Election Cycle reminder

While talking politics on GP - do not make it a religious thing. Example: Someone recently said that the ''Holy Ghost" told her to vote for someone. She went on to say that if you did not vote for that person too, you were against the ''Holy Ghost''.  That is a move typically used in Cults to manipulate people to your point of view.

Over the years UPCI.com / UPCI.WS and GP has had moments during election cycles that blew up in to knock down drag out fights.

Let's not go there.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

Politics and religious manipulation is getting worse. Each day as I look through social media and emails, I see more and more ''Christians'' trying to steer people towards certain politicians using manipulation.

Example:

Telling people that they do not love God if they vote for Hillary

That is like saying if you were the color orange you support murdering kittens.  I would never vote for Hillary and it has nothing to do with religion, I don't like her politics.  God did not tell me not to vote for her, common sense did.  Even though I dislike everything about her, I cannot in all honesty and integrity tell you that God hates her, God does not want her in office or that a Christian should not vote for her.

I have news for you, there will be One God Apostolic Holy Ghost Filled, Tongue Talking, Holy Rolling, Born Again, Heaven Bound Believers in the Liberating Power of Jesus Name that will vote for her.  Why?   Some people have always voted Democrat and will always vote Democrat.  No matter what you say or who runs, they are voting Democrat.

These people still love God, still plan to go to heaven, they may be teaching Sunday School, leading song service and may pray with you in the altar.   They are not lessor Christians than you are. 

Another example that I am seeing from some Pastors and ministers... (paraphrasing - There are variations)

"If a Christian votes for (Fill in the Blank) I seriously wonder about their walk with God and what sins they might be hiding.

Obviously if they vote for (Fill in the Blank) they are not living for God, not praying, not reading the bible and may be reprobate  or close to it"

If they vote for (Fill in the Blank), I really wonder if they really repented of their sins.

This is arrogant behavior, you are presuming that you know best and that anyone who disagrees with you is a lessor Christian.

And then there is my favorite (  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  ) - someone goes on a tirade and finishes by saying ''if you support (Fill in the Blank)  and/or plan to vote for (Fill in the Blank) , please de-friend me, I cannot be friends with you."  That type of person only wants clones of himself or herself.

QuoteActs 1:8
(NKJV)

8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth."

QuoteMatthew 5:13-16
(NKJV)

13 "You are the salt of the earth; but if the salt loses its flavor, how shall it be seasoned? It is then good for nothing but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot by men.
14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.
15 Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Our Goal is to spread the word of God, preach, teach, instruct and see souls saved. To be the salt of the earth and to let the Light of Jesus Shine.  We are to be witnesses of Jesus Christ, not Bernie, Cruz, Trump, Clinton or whoever else is running for office.

Vote for who you thing you should vote for - but remember that as Christians, people will judge your Church and God based on what they see in you.  Do they see someone using Christianity to manipulate political votes or someone interested in their soul?

Paul said I am determined to know nothing among you, save Jesus and him Crucified. 

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Niki

When you say "Jesus" you've said everything.