News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Help needed with Adobe file

Started by SippinTea, March 08, 2007, 06:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

I have a file that was saved using Adobe Acrobat, and I need to save a copy as a Word or Publisher doc so I can make changes. Anyone that can walk me through it?

Surf? You out there somewhere?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

terp

I didn't think that was possible unless you had Adobe Writer...  Hmm. 
The grace of imperfection...amazing.

newkris

i think you can select and copy the text and then paste it into Word, but i don't think you can change it from adobe to word . . . hhhmmm

surf?  good question?
\\\\\\\"i want to say more than words when i write\\\\\\\" - kent d. curry
me, too.

myspace.com\\\\\\\\krisknowshim
there are times in the whirlwind of my fragile life that i have hidden under your words, your voice.

SippinTea

Aarrgh! I hope you're both wrong.  :-(

Even when I try to select the text and copy it into Word, it's not copying correctly...leaving behind the headings, and such.

*sigh* Maybe I'm stuck doing this the long way.

Sister_Mom

Quote from: SippinTea on March 08, 2007, 08:43:06 PM
Aarrgh! I hope you're both wrong.  :-(

Even when I try to select the text and copy it into Word, it's not copying correctly...leaving behind the headings, and such.

*sigh* Maybe I'm stuck doing this the long way.

Sorry, they're both right. Adobe Acrobat viewer was created for viewing files, not editing. Even a full version of Acrobat Professional has limited editing capabilities. The headers that are not being selected are more than likely text that was converted to graphics and placed in the original application, as opposed to being typed directly in there. Also, if the fonts weren't embedded properly, it will limit you selecting them. The only thing that could be done with that to put it in Word would be to open the pdf file in Photoshop and save it as a jpg (or another application that will open a pdf and allow you to save it as  jpg) and place it in Word as an image. That will limit your editing capabilities to 0. In Acrobat if you can select the text with the text tool that is an open, outlined "T" and replace the type you want changed, that is a possibility. But if you want text changed that you cannot select, or if your edits will cause the type to reflow... you'll have to recreate the document.
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

SippinTea

*sigh*  I was afraid you'd say that. Guess I'm stuck.

Thanks for replying though, Sis Mom.  :thumbsup2: 

Sister_Mom

Sorry I didn't have better news and wasn't more helpful.  :sadbounce:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

SippinTea

No, you were helpful! At least now I know, and I can quit getting annoyed at myself for not figuring it out.  :)

Thanks!