News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

iPod vs Zune vs PSP

Started by natewasmundt, February 06, 2007, 04:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natewasmundt

iPod vs Zune vs PSP

I was at Best Buy last night looking at these 3 goodies and couldn't decide which one to get or if they were even worth the money.

iPod video 30gig = $250.  Gives me enough for 7500 songs and 40 hours of video, including *gasp* movies and sitcoms.  Tiny screen.

Zune 30gig = $250.  Enough for 7500 songs and 100 hours of video, though I don't believe you can get movies or sitcoms on Zune.  Bigger screen a plus though.

PSP = $199 core unit; $299 unit w/movie, game and 1GB memory stick.  I think if PSP included internal memory instead of having to use memory sticks, I'd definitely buy one...but as far as I know it doesn't.

Anyone own any of these and care to share their review?  I almost bought the PSP last night, but was turned off by the memory size and extra cost.

nicolejoy

I depends on whether you want it primarily for games or music/vids though right? There's two "categories" of things - and first you've gotta decide if you want it for music/vid or for games...

I don't have any reviews, I just thought I'd come and state the obvious ;)

LarryTheCucumber

the Zune was dead before it ever hit the shelves--and don't let a salesman sell you one based on the 'wireless features' included--they're not usable, and never will be.

the PSP is great if you want lots of gaming options, but you've already seen its downsides

the iPod is over priced, but you get many usable features, good reliability, good compatibility, and widespread support.
   also, you can run a Linux kernel on it--that's reason enough to buy one  :grin:

seems to me that last I did a quick comparison, the Creative Zen actually came out ahead of everybody else in capacity, features, and price.

might want to give that one a look

:waving:

natewasmundt

I like the Creative Zen specs - especially the Vision W series.  A little more than I'd want to spend right now for just a media player.

I'm leaning a little more to the PSP, even with the memory issues.  Games/movies are on discs which require little memory and music could be stored on the memory sticks.  I like the functions it has - gaming, mp3 and movies.

However, that's on the backburner now . . . I was just on Craigslist and found a beast of a computer for HD video production that I'm negotiating the price for.