News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Immersion blender - spinning blade on a stick.

Always has a button that you have to hold down to keep it spinning. Hopefully has a guard around the blade.

When I got a new one, i was unprepared for how powerful they are these days. My last one had been running for more than a decade. I got a new one and the "low" button was as powerful as the old one's "high" button.

I don't even wanna talk about the new one's "high" button. All I'mma say is, milk clashes terribly with our ceiling color.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

I may look into getting one. They seem small enough to not take up much space.

Roscoe

Urgh. Back at work. Coffee..is all that keeps me moving.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Nelle

@Work as well.. Why do these people insist on my continued attendance to give me money? LOL

I really need this week to be productive at home AND work.. hopefully I can manage, hahaha.

Backseat Radio

The past week has been interesting, starting with getting my toes stepped on Thursday night. I'd been planning to play hooky from my church last Sunday and go hang out with a friend at her non apostolic church.  I hadn't told anyone at church because I knew they'd try to talk me out of it. Towards the end of practice Thursday night, my team lead pops back into the sound booth and asks me when I was planning to show up Sunday so he'd know when to get worried - since I wasn't scheduled in the sound booth Sunday. It's like he sensed I was about to get into trouble because he's never asked me that before when I wasn't scheduled in the sound booth.

Roscoe

Morning.
Bible study tonight. Peanut brittle was last night. Dragging this morning. My caffeine isn't working. And it appears my weekend is compromised with a harvest festival/church party. I totally hope to be brief in my appearance there. LOL
I love my peoples...but I wanna be away from people for the weekend..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Here I be. Where is everyone? I assume Jenn is still moving, but lawd. Everybody done forgot us

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on October 26, 2023, 06:55:17 PMHere I be. Where is everyone? I assume Jenn is still moving, but lawd. Everybody done forgot us

I haven't forgotten you guys. Been out trying to mow my yard one last time before winter weather sets in.

Lynx

I'm here.

(Insert random stuff from Fallout 4 here.)

(Insert random stuff I heard from a comedian on youtube here.)

(Insert exultation about only a week and a half until vacation here.)

That's all I got.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here. I just experimented with a can of crescent rolls.  I rolled it out, topped with cream cheese then homemade peach jam then rolled it up and cut like cinnamon rolls. They were pretty tasty.

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

@Work. Drinking (cold) caramel cappuccino. It'd be tasty if it was still warm, haha.

Roscoe

Urgh. It's 4:15 and I'm STILL not into today.
Did home visits. Ate at Freddie's Frozen Custard. Couldn't help but think Freddie is full of himself. Every square inch of that store has pictures of the founder and his lifestory. I half expected a sign in the bathroom to say "Freddie used THIS very urinal in 1958, after coming home from the war and starting his first custard stand"
Then again it IS possible I am just snarky and cranky today.

Lynx

Get to the important part. Was the frozen custard good? As good as Culver's? Better?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Roscoe on October 27, 2023, 09:17:02 PMUrgh. It's 4:15 and I'm STILL not into today.
Did home visits. Ate at Freddie's Frozen Custard. Couldn't help but think Freddie is full of himself. Every square inch of that store has pictures of the founder and his lifestory. I half expected a sign in the bathroom to say "Freddie used THIS very urinal in 1958, after coming home from the war and starting his first custard stand"

I love their burgers and fries!

Backseat Radio

Been a fun day for me. Went to a party at a church members house tonight. Pretty much all the adults in the church was invited. Had a bonfire, basketball, corn hole, and lots of good food and fellowship. The party was just a couple blocks from my house so I rode my bike over rather than trying to find a parking spot for my car, although balancing the bike while carrying a lawn chair was a bit tricky.

Roscoe

Rained today and was colder. Did nothing of value other than go to church's fall party which was a bit of a bust due to being moved inside due to weather..

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

"I slept like a baby. Woke up crying every two hours."

Well, not crying really... But I was struggling to get back to sleep a lot. And when I did get some sleep, it was shot through with the most ludicrous dreams.

Today will be brought to you by our sponsor Caffeine.
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

It's raining here. Sleepy weather.

Hey, Mel. Where you been hiding?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 28, 2023, 12:10:33 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 27, 2023, 09:17:02 PMUrgh. It's 4:15 and I'm STILL not into today.

I love their burgers and fries!

Me too. Yum!!! Their cheese curds are way better than the fries though. Even though I do love their cheese fries. Not actually sure I've ever had the frozen custard though LOL

And yes I was moving. We're all moved in. Mostly. Things went awry every day it seemed. But we're here and alive and all 3 kitties and 7 fish and 1 shrimpy. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

I need to try Freddies. They're everywhere around here these days and I've never had it. Your take is hilarious Roscoe, hahaha.

@Work. Tired. What's new there huh? LOL

Last night around midnight, I woke up.. realized it was 30° outside (and trending downward) AND I had cans of ginger ale in the back of my vehicle for Jeremy. I got up, threw on coat & shoes, tromped outside to rescue them before they could possibly freeze and explode. I did not want to clean up that mess in my vehicle, hahaha.

This will be Athena's FIRST truly cold day working with Jeremy. Lucky for her, he has an appointment at the VA this afternoon so it'll only be a partial day.

There are some people tryin to get Jeremy in trouble with his dog. These are the same people who have harassed, bullied, and tried to get him fired since he started the USPS. I feel like it's time they move on to another office or another employer. I don't know if that's harsh or not, but it's quite a bit nicer than what I feel like I want emotionally, so.. lol. SO I'm goin to pray specifically that God moves Sherry & Emily to another office, or that they find Jesus and He changes their heart. Every time Jeremy has a positive situation they seem to manage to mess it up since Day 1. I worry one day he's goin to snap and say or do something he will regret. I'm not sure why anyone feels like it's a good idea to push buttons of a PTSD veteran (who qualified for a service dog b/c of all of his issues).. but people have made unwise decisions in the past with this office AND a different veteran who had even more extreme PTSD than Jeremy. We think about Jose often. He's Jeremy's coworker that passed away from the ATV accident a few years back. He was getting scary at work. He really liked Jeremy and they had become close thankfully.

Roscoe

:hi:
It's cold here. I am NOT a fan. It was like 27 this morning.  :pound:
Been a busy weekend, what with church, the harvest party (that got semi-rained out); and then Monday, I went to Memphis to meet up with a couple of minister friends for an informal Ministers' breakfast. Memphis is about the halfway point for us. Highly enjoyed it, then stopped to visit a saint in the hospital. Honestly doesn't seem like I had much of a break. Next week is a trip to Tulsa for a friend's wedding, and church...
I'll admit that the 10th, which is Veteran's day- that weekend, I am planning NOTHING. And may very well popped someone if they plan something for me.

And Hi Mel! Lest you think I forgot you. Nelle, praying for ya'll's situation. I've never understood why some folk enjoy drama. :pound:

Lynx

Frosty must have gone on a bender. He done barfed all over the yard.
"Do you sing at church?"