News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

Anyone alive out there?

Hubbs comes home tomorrow finally!!! 3 weeks without him has been awful.

Hoping and praying I hear about the aetna job this week.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

I'm still here. Just nothing worth talking about.

Unless you want to hear about playing fallout 4 on survival mode while I wait for Grandma to make a pee mess for me to clean up.

No?

Okay. Nothing to report then.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm here. Anyone want any roosters? I have about 15 to get rid of.

Roscoe

Well, I'm around. My life has gotten much busier as of late. Difficult to check in here, unless I am at work- Ironically, since I'm on the computer all day, I can check in and chat then.
 Got the church bus back in service, finally. The alternator had been out and somehow a wiring harness got jacked, so the shop repaired that. If half the people who have asked about it will utilize it, we will be in the 60s instead of the upper 30s. LOL
I'm really enjoying my bible study on Wednesday night- going to be the second installment of five on Nehemiah. I'm really liking that book more now that I've slowed down and analyzed it preparing for and teaching this bible study. Alot of good stuff in it.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Backseat Radio

Been a crazy busy day here.  I was scheduled to work 7AM to 4PM but didn't get off till 5PM.  That left me just barely enough time to grab a combo from McDonalds and rush over to the church to spend the evening helping with the first night of pork rind frying and packaging.  My back was killing me before the night was over but we had a lot of fun.  I'm on vacation from Walmart the rest of the week so I can be at the church in the evenings Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday to help do more pork rinds.  Then Friday and Saturday mornings I'll be helping sell them at the James Dean Festival.  Proceeds are going to help the youth get to the ALJC national youth convention in November.

Lynx

Homemade... er, churchmade pork skins as fundraiser?

Eh, why not? Has to be better than the store junk.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Good morning. The pig skins sound like a great fundraiser. We going old school and starting our traditional peanut brittle making in October. I hate the stuff and can't fathom why people want it, but it is generally sold out as fast as we can make it.
I'm back at work.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

If you made any pecan brittle I would buy it before you finished making it.

Peanut brittle, not so much.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

Quote from: Roscoe on September 19, 2023, 12:27:26 PMGood morning. The pig skins sound like a great fundraiser. We going old school and starting our traditional peanut brittle making in October. I hate the stuff and can't fathom why people want it, but it is generally sold out as fast as we can make it.
I'm back at work.

I wouldn't be able to help out if my church did peanut brittle....I'm allergic.

Nelle

I wish peanut (or pecan) brittle would be less.... painful to the dental budget, hahaha. I like the super thin patties if I eat any at all.

MsJennJenn

I like peanut brittle but without the peanuts lol
but yes, it's hard on the teeth!!  :cry2:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Morning. Overcast, and a bit of rain here today. It's needed...
And today is crawling by......

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm cooking meatloaf for lunch. I never ate meatloaf until I got married. I still don't really eat anyone else's. I know what's in mine. ;)

Nelle

I feel you. I'm super picky and don't like onions in mine. We really like these mini cheddar meatloaves and I love the sauce (ketchup, dijon mustard and brown sugar). I didn't enjoy meatloaf days growing up, but I would've torn these up!

@Work. It's lunchtime, but I had a snack not too long ago, so now I'm not hungry for lunch.

MsJennJenn

We got a huge storm last night. Sun is shining today though.

Hubbs is home finally  :clap:
Still no word on his promotion or the Aetna job for me. Sigh.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

I LOVE meatloaf, if it's made right. Unlike Nelle, I love Onions. Not crazy about those folks' recipe that includes bell peppers, but I won't leave it untouched even with them. I love it even more if it is a smoked meatloaf. And the best part of it is- the next day Miracle Whip, cheese and meatloaf sandwiches. :fork:

And yeah, patience is hard. It's something I have little of and don't really want to have to learn.  :biglaugh:

Lynx

Quote from: Nelle on September 20, 2023, 04:15:42 PMI feel you. I'm super picky and don't like onions in mine. We really like these mini cheddar meatloaves and I love the sauce (ketchup, dijon mustard and brown sugar). I didn't enjoy meatloaf days growing up, but I would've torn these up!

@Work. It's lunchtime, but I had a snack not too long ago, so now I'm not hungry for lunch.
Someone said cheddar so here I am.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:surrender:
Urgh. Back at work. Mucho dragging. Have coffee. So far, it no work.

Backseat Radio

Good morning  :hi:

I'm off to the doctor's office this morning for a routine physical. Then back to the church tonight for another round of frying pork rinds.

Nelle

Quote from: Lynx on September 20, 2023, 08:31:51 PM
Quote from: Nelle on September 20, 2023, 04:15:42 PMI feel you. I'm super picky and don't like onions in mine. We really like these mini cheddar meatloaves and I love the sauce (ketchup, dijon mustard and brown sugar). I didn't enjoy meatloaf days growing up, but I would've torn these up!

Someone said cheddar so here I am.

Mini Cheddar Meatloaf

Ingredients
1 egg
3/4 cup milk
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground beef
2/3 cup ketchup
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard

Directions
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2) In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, cheese, oats and salt. Add the ground beef, mixing well, and form this
mixture into eight miniature meatloaves. Place these in a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking dish.
3) In a separate small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar and mustard. Stir thoroughly and spread over each
meatloaf.
4) Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 45 minutes.

I rarely get eight of them anymore, but I do shape them a little like a football. We often double the recipe for our home. I was able to share this recipe with my parents as well. Dad doesn't eat sugar, so we were able to use sugar-free (sugar alternative) items for him. They of course sometimes add onion to theirs, because they're pretty normal, LOL.

Nelle

This morning I'm working on payroll. I wish I could've taken off today! I did NOT sleep well nor feel well, but I think I'm on the mend for the day. I have a doctor's appointment at 4pm to check my blood pressure progress (it hasn't done well lol) and at 5pm I have a dentist appointment for a cleaning. Hoping the first doesn't make me late for the second. I'm not sure what I was thinking having these both in the same day.

I need to call my hematologist's office to see if they got pre-authorization for this genetic blood lab they want me to have done. It's $1500 if I don't get my insurance to pay for it.. and I'm just not that interested in paying that large amount when she thinks I don't have anything major haha.

MsJennJenn

I didn't sleep too well either. And I've been soooo tired. That thing they say about how you sleep better with your spouse cus the dopamine hits or whatever is sooooo true. Hubbs has been home since Tuesday and I just want to sleep all day. Him being home makes my heart feel at rest. And apparently my body too.

And yea you were brave making both appointments back to back Nelle LOL
I had a dr appointment at 3 myself. Waited until almost 345 before I saw her.  :roll:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Welppp husband didnt get the Oklahoma job. But the DM wants to pay him an extra 5k plus relocation expenses to transfer to the Wichita Falls store. And revisit the promotion in another YEAR.... Sigh. Honestly he just needs to get away from the DM. The DM is the issue. He had several coworkers who are on special products tell him about an opening in an Indiana store. They would pay relocation but no raise. It would put us 2.4 hours from my family in Indiana. Idk what the answer is but bleh. I would need this Aetna job (or something else remote) to come thru though for either option.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Appointment timing went okay. I made the bad decision to get my flu shot yesterday while I was there. Now today I'm feeling like a painful zombie, but hopefully that'll mend itself soon. I didn't make it into work until almost 11am because I kept falling asleep and this horrid headache. My whole face hurts, haha. I'm supposed to leave tonight for Arkansas for a wedding tomorrow.