News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Cats like Sardines - It's Sharing 518!

Started by MsJennJenn, June 05, 2023, 03:54:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on September 29, 2023, 03:24:32 PMGood morning. I was accused by a boss of having woke up full of sunshine and unicorns.
Methinks the lady's sarcasm meter pegged out.  :laughhard:
(Our department has instituted a new program called "Papercut" which is aimed to prevent misuse of the printer, I guess. You have to log in to print anything or scan anything) After the third log in trying to scan a report, when I sent said report, I told my boss, with whom I am close and consider a friend, my feelings on the moron(s) that caused us to do this, prompting the sarcastic response.

Otherwise- my work sistah is off today, rendering my normal Friday cruise nearly none existant. I'll dash to Conway and drop off some paperwork but I'm pretty much here all day.  :pound:
Reminds me of a Dilbert comic strip. Ratbert is hired to cut costs and increase office efficiency. He starts making comments like, "Hmm, looks like those words in boldface are sucking up the ol' electricity."
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Tired. Not alot of sleep last night. Church tomorrow. Went with Lou to some Goodwills. Came home and did about 20 minutes of work on Sam, and put a pork loin in the smoker because it was thawed and needed to be cooked.
Gonna wander to the church in a bit...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Morning.  Here it is, my day off and I am up and moving this early. It is 815 am here and I am in the waiting room of the local Ford dealer  having my truck serviced.
It's just as cheap to have them do it.
I just can't believe I set the appointment this early. :pound:
Good church last night.our former piano player, backslidden for many years, came to both services yesterday. Maybe God is drawing her home.
Got a few things to do today...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

We found a house in Wichita Falls!! We signed the lease today!  :clap:

In other news the AC at the current house is acting bad today.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Urgh..
I remember passing through Wichita Falls several years ago. Looking for a motel for the night, I pulled up next to a parked police officer and identified myself as an officer from Arkansas. Not only did he direct me to a good motel, he tried to recruit me into a job. I actually consider it for a minute, but I'd have had to go back through another academy and we'd just had Cheyenne, so the timing wasn't right.

Back at work. Went last night and picked up a small truck from a friend of mine, for a saint that is battling a ton and has no vehicle. Itamazed me- been sitting a year, and I put a new battery and 3 gallons of gas in it, and it spun over about ten times and fired up. Ran so quiet and smoothly you'd have thought it wasn't running.
Only issue is the brakes stuck momentarily on the way home. this morning they were free. I imagine a few drives and there will be no issues..

MsJennJenn

Welppp we slept with no AC. And in separate beds lol. Adam is a furnace so he made me sleep in our bed with the extra fan and he slept on the guest bed.
The landlady told me to turn it off so we don't like burn it out. AC guy is supposed to come today between 9-12.... sigh  :smirk2:

The movers come on the 26th Sandra. They come 26 to pack. 27 to load. 28 to drop off at new house. Adams job paid for relocation so this is how it has to be. I can't even pack. lol and I hate it. I am so apprehensive about these strangers packing my life up. Except they wont take any liquids, my record collection, any paint or lumber (i have a nice little lumber pile going lol) and my 100+ plants lol... plus my 3 kitties. 

And Mr. Potato. The fish. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm sure you can pack anything you consider special.

Roscoe

It's gonna look like a rainforest on the move when you load those plants.  :laughhard:
And three kitties and a fish sounds like a dinner party for the kitties.....

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 03, 2023, 01:55:23 PMIt's gonna look like a rainforest on the move when you load those plants.  :laughhard:
I'm thinking more about what all those animals will leave in all those plants...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

MsJennJenn

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 03, 2023, 01:50:12 PMI'm sure you can pack anything you consider special.

Yes I full intend on doing this also. They recommend you pack any paperwork type stuff also. Laptops. Personal items. Jewelry etc. We're getting a u-haul truck for all of the stuff they wont move. I need the u-haul alone just for plants lol

Quote from: Lynx on October 03, 2023, 02:06:30 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 03, 2023, 01:55:23 PMIt's gonna look like a rainforest on the move when you load those plants.  :laughhard:
I'm thinking more about what all those animals will leave in all those plants...

And they surprisingly for most part leave all of the plants alone. lol they don't use bathroom in them.
The only one I have to watch is the black crazy tornado one. He is the only one who has messed with them. But none of them have ever used the bathroom in them. Thank goodness.

Haha jungle is what I call it. I have this huge ikea shelf that's those square type bookshelves in a row? It's a 5 square by 5 square. My plan is to lay it down in the u-haul and fill each cubby hole with plants lol
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Well.... I hate to say this, but I fully enjoyed my covid quarantine. I tested positive Thurs evening. I did have to watch Athena by myself during the days when Jeremy was working, but we managed. I loved having NO responsibilities other than staying alive and keeping my pets alive, hahahahaa. I wasn't too bad sick either. Just have congestion still, had a sore throat a couple of days with sinus pressure two days, and then an elevated temp two nights. Otherwise - I just enjoyed watching Murder She wrote and cuddling with my cat. LOL. I needed the mental break from work stress. Now I have to wear a mask for 5 more days, but at least I can go back into civilization. Work was getting busy and doesn't stop for anyone, so glad I came back today. Athena will hopefully be cleared to go back to work with Jeremy soon. She has her follow-up vet appt tomorrow, and she hasn't coughed in a least one day or so. Fingers crossed!!!

MsJennJenn

Nelle I fully believe when we need rest and we dont do it our bodies are like "ha ha jokes on youuuu cus nowwww you're sick"  :laughhard:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 03, 2023, 05:34:04 PMNelle I fully believe when we need rest and we dont do it our bodies are like "ha ha jokes on youuuu cus nowwww you're sick"  :laughhard:

I chuckled to myself over the weekend because JUST last weekend I quoted basically the same sentiment to my home pastor from AR. He's been so sick and was even sick over his vacation. I was like "Well, didn't I enjoy that meal of crow." LOL..

Roscoe

Urgh. Morning. Bah. I'm hungry; fat; and trying to lessen my calorie intake. But I'm leaning strongly towards a breakfast run. Sonic burrito would be nice. But if I wait another hour and a half, it'll be lunchtime. What I really want is dark chocolate. Of any type.

Lynx

Ever thought about telling Sonic you deserve a commission? I haven't been to Sonic in years because the local one has been cruddy - literally - but a distant relative recently got put in charge of it and they say it should be better now.

Think I know what I'll have for breakfast tomorrow. I'm blaming it on Bobby.
"Do you sing at church?"

Backseat Radio

My pastor was trying to torture his ProPresenter operator tonight. He gave me a huge list of scriptures to put in for his lesson. Then he had the audacity to tease me by telling the teams in the pre service meeting "pray for Sis Celestia, she's got her work cut out for her tonight."  During the lesson he skipped one of his points jumping a whole 11 passages down the list. Had me scrambling to figure out where he jumped to on the scripture list.

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Ohh Tia I dont think I ever knew your full name. That's beautiful.

Roscoe I saw this lady prep breakfast burritos and freeze them. I added all the things to my cart so I can do it for myself to make breakfast in the am easy lol
I prefer a breakfast sandwich from Sonic though. YUM that toast.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 05, 2023, 01:42:58 PMOhh Tia I dont think I ever knew your full name. That's beautiful.

Roscoe I saw this lady prep breakfast burritos and freeze them. I added all the things to my cart so I can do it for myself to make breakfast in the am easy lol
Lou does that sometimes. But she has a habit of sneaking stuff I can't stand into them.

Morning all. An offender has caused me to need to repent already. No, I didn't yell at him or get a wrong spirit. No, I have to repent for envy and lust.
He pulled up in a Ram TRX with Hennessy package. Yes, I know that means nothing to you. But- It's a $100k truck even used, maybe a touch more and it makes over 1,000 horsepower.
I made good choices. And I ain't driving that. He made bad choices. And he IS.
Lawd...the drool. And it was bright orange too...1,000 hp. Oh the fun I'd have....

Lynx

Hennessy package? The boys at w*rk talk about Hennessy sometimes, but it is referring to something from the liquor store. I'm guessing this Hennessy package is more automotive than alcoholic.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on October 05, 2023, 01:59:00 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 05, 2023, 01:42:58 PMOhh Tia I dont think I ever knew your full name. That's beautiful.

Lou does that sometimes. But she has a habit of sneaking stuff I can't stand into them.

LOL what does she add? Vegetables?
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 05, 2023, 03:34:31 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 05, 2023, 01:59:00 PM

LOL what does she add? Vegetables?

Yes. Lol

The Purple Fuzzy

Well, if it's bell peppers, they are nasty.