News:

Is the forum a bit confusing for you? Are there some features you're not sure how to use? Check out this help topic!

Main Menu

We need to consider shutting this place down.

Started by Scott, January 08, 2016, 07:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soubriquet

Oh, you guys are confusing... I was going off of this thead: http://mission238.com/forum/index.php?topic=31008.0

at any rate, she was never banned, but her IP address fell inside of a registration-ban.  So, she was trying to register a new account, instead of logging in.  I adjusted the ban list to avoid her IP address.  @HeatherB  :)
the web guy (the one who's usually at fault when it doesn't work)

Assuredbyfaith

So is the forum staying? Just caught this topic... Took me a little bit to get logged back in under the new format.

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Assuredbyfaith

Also, what is the facebook Godplace page titled? Several people have told me about it; but can't tell me how to find it?  :smirk2:
Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

The Purple Fuzzy

Are you friends on Facebook with any GP members? The group is private & someone needs to invite you.
Quote from: Assuredbyfaith on February 01, 2016, 02:09:56 PMAlso, what is the facebook Godplace page titled? Several people have told me about it; but can't tell me how to find it?  :smirk2:

Assuredbyfaith

Yes...I'll have to see if any of them belong to it.

Ashlee

Ok, I know I'm late to the game, and I rarely get on here, but I am SOOOOO glad this place has not shut down.  GP has literally saved my life more than once.  I still log on from time to time to read old conversations and old messages and its a reminder to me.  I don't know what i would do without it here to go back to when I need it.  I need the encouragement, and the love that is found within this board. 

Roscoe

Quote from: Ashlee on October 03, 2017, 01:41:42 PMOk, I know I'm late to the game, and I rarely get on here, but I am SOOOOO glad this place has not shut down.  GP has literally saved my life more than once.  I still log on from time to time to read old conversations and old messages and its a reminder to me.  I don't know what i would do without it here to go back to when I need it.  I need the encouragement, and the love that is found within this board. 

Better late than never!!! And exactly my thoughts..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Soubriquet

Quote from: Ashlee on October 03, 2017, 01:41:42 PMOk, I know I'm late to the game, and I rarely get on here, but I am SOOOOO glad this place has not shut down.  GP has literally saved my life more than once.  I still log on from time to time to read old conversations and old messages and its a reminder to me.  I don't know what i would do without it here to go back to when I need it.  I need the encouragement, and the love that is found within this board. 

The domain was going to expire tomorrow... I guess I'll renew it again.
the web guy (the one who's usually at fault when it doesn't work)

Roscoe

Quote from: Soubriquet on October 27, 2017, 08:19:49 PM

Bub, if you say the word and send me a paypal addy, I'll contribute.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Ashlee

yay!  This place is really a Godsend! 

SippinTea

Quote from: Roscoe on October 27, 2017, 08:55:03 PM

Bub, if you say the word and send me a paypal addy, I'll contribute.

What Bob said. :)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

mesipie

I thought it was already shut down...until I got a notification
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

mesipie

Btw, i vote keep it. I like ashlees post and agree
its mesi: mee see...not messy

messaypah to only a certain few...lol...

dnr1128

Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Roscoe

Quote from: mesipie on January 05, 2018, 04:30:41 PMI thought it was already shut down...until I got a notification
Apparently we need to send out notifications more often...LOL

EricShane

I hate to resurrect such an old post.

But I just have to quickly say, how grateful I am for gp. Being a very lonely teenager you guys helped me, guided me and I feel like you should be responsible for the horrible mess I am today 😂 lol jk but seriously.. Thank you so much to everyone. You will all, always be so special to me, forever.
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

Scott

If you are a mess, blame Seth, if you are doing good, blame the rest
"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

dnr1128

If I remember correctly, I've been on this forum in some form, for probably two decades.  Back when it was upci.com, then pkministries.com, then godplace.  In the last few years I haven't posted, and only occasionally dropped in, but back in the day I was a frequent poster. 

FaceBook has killed the discussion board format.  However, FB is not well-suited for in depth, point/counterpoint argument.  The ability to use bulletpoints, quotes, and other features make this far better.  I'm on a couple FB forums for ministers, and while it is good for some things, it is not good for actual discussion. 

I'm glad this forum is still alive.  It's wild to go back and read posts from my teens and twenties. 
Sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

Lynx

Every time I see there is a new post in this thread, I get really nervous until I check what the new post is. 

Nope, it's not "This forum will be shut down by a certain date" this time. Whew!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: