News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

I have about 6 to 8 hours of driving ahead of me today.  Should be back home after midnight some time...
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Heather

I've had 3 friends pass away this past week. Pastor Jay Curry had a heart attack last week and they finally took him off life support on Sunday. My friend Mitzi went missing on Tuesday. Her boyfriend murdered her and dumped her body. They found her yesterday. My friend/school mate Matt was diagnosed with a super rare form of cancer a few weeks ago and immediately taken to Vanderbilt. He passed away yesterday. It's been a super rough week for my heart.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

taco_harvell

Quote from: Heather on June 23, 2018, 11:31:47 PMI've had 3 friends pass away this past week. Pastor Jay Curry had a heart attack last week and they finally took him off life support on Sunday. My friend Mitzi went missing on Tuesday. Her boyfriend murdered her and dumped her body. They found her yesterday. My friend/school mate Matt was diagnosed with a super rare form of cancer a few weeks ago and immediately taken to Vanderbilt. He passed away yesterday. It's been a super rough week for my heart.
Extremely sorry for your loses! Praying!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

Ouch, ouch and ouch! Especially the second one. Why would he DO that?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

In local news...

[kvetch] Today has been a (BEEP) of a day. On the way to w*rk my bike's back tire had a slow leak. Hmm, I thought the Slime self-sealant goop I put in there was supposed to fix that. Oh well, I have a spare inner tube and a mini-pump. I pumped up the tire about every three miles and developed a fairly low opinion of Slime tire sealant.

After my job was over for the day I changed the inner tube. While cleaning out the leaked Slime from the inside of the tire I found not one, not two but THREE staples! Hmm, maybe that Slime stuff has been working better than I thought if the inner tube only just now developed a leak that wouldn't completely plug.

So I put the new inner tube in. Michelin, should be great, right? Michelin car tires are top-of-the-line. Unfortunately Michelin bike inner tubes are apparently bottom-of-the-barrel. I did not over-inflate the tire but seven miles into the trip home it developed a bulge in one spot. Another mile and the tire went flat. Really? First trip out on a new inner tube and it popped? On a Michelin inner tube even?

I stashed the bike in the tall grass off the road where nobody would see it and started walking home. I got about a mile and a half of the remaining six miles walked when a friend of my uncle saw me and gave me a ride home. Good thing too, as it began raining heavily a few minutes later. I got home, got my minivan and went back for my bike. Then I made a beeline for Wal-Mart to get some replacement inner tubes that are not Michelin.

Know what? Wal-Mart does not sell inner tubes for THEIR OWN BICYCLES! I searched diligently and thoroughly. Not one single inner tube would fit my 700c by 38c tire. I even looked for the same thing in inches, which would be 27 inch.

So I'm grounded, or at least stuck to driving my automobile instead of getting good exercise on my bike, until amazon can ship me some replacement inner tubes.

And now I'm done complaining. [/kvetch]
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Heather on June 23, 2018, 11:31:47 PMI've had 3 friends pass away this past week. Pastor Jay Curry had a heart attack last week and they finally took him off life support on Sunday. My friend Mitzi went missing on Tuesday. Her boyfriend murdered her and dumped her body. They found her yesterday. My friend/school mate Matt was diagnosed with a super rare form of cancer a few weeks ago and immediately taken to Vanderbilt. He passed away yesterday. It's been a super rough week for my heart.
Oh man.Super  rough. I'm sorry.

In sharing, It rained out church work day. Since the Scotty was under the pole barn, I worked on it. Mcgyvver'd a cool a/c vent system that allows me to set the cheap window unit I had on a crate behind the camper, and duct the cool air into the Scotty. Works great and can be neatly stowed within 10 minutes with no ugly unit hanging out the side.
I also fixed the rot on the back wall and painted 90 % of the camper. Not a bit of wind in sight until the paint was laid, then it came up and blew trash into my paint. Oh well, I was aiming for a 20 footer, and that's about what it is.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Elona has been in tears most of the day in pain in her left back/hip and going down the leg.

Sha was supposed to do a B-day party clown gig tonight mainly because we needed some money.

She had to cancel. I've begged her to go to the ER or Urgent Care and she's refusing because of finances. Argh!

Please pray for her!
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm sorry Elona is hurting. Does she think it's sciatic nerve induced?

Heather

Storm blowing in. My dog is completely freaked out.

I've only left my house to walk her, twice, and to take out the trash. Thank you all for the prayers.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:bustamove: * In loving memory of my Meghan Trainor impersonating, dancing bear of a friend, the gentleman of times past- Newsman.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison