News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Ramblings (not neccesarily by Classic)

Started by SippinTea, November 17, 2006, 04:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Classicrambler

Quote from: SippinTea on June 19, 2007, 08:15:19 PM
There was absolutely no way the guest speaker could have known about a certain question I've been tumbling around in my head the last number of months, but he even used the exact wording I've used in praying about it, and looked straight at me when he said it. And not one of those glancing around the audience things either...it was one of those looks where you wonder if someone is reading your mind.

:love: :love2: :marry:

:freaky2:

:addnothing:  :hypocrite:

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Classicrambler

SippinTea

No ya didn't, Pal. :P

I've looked straight at you, but that sure 'nough doesn't mean I go all mushy.  :biglaugh:

:beret:

Classicrambler

No, but you haven't written any posts about me like the one up above. *ahem*  ;)

SippinTea

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Classicrambler

I didn't say that, I just said you never had.  :P

SippinTea

Aaaaannnndddd....double the lightbulb that went on in my head this week. LOL

"Start reading between the lines of the denials, the delays, the fears, and the doubts, and find your yes. Someday you will probably look back over this part of your life and realize that while you were fretting, God was saying yes to your yearnings." (Taken from an article by Simeon Young Jr.--latest issue of the Pentecostal Herald)

Amelia Bedelia

interesting.... very interesting....   :grin:

:clap:

:grin:

SippinTea

"Until the time came to fulfill his word, the Lord tested Joseph's character. Then Pharaoh sent for him and set him free; the ruler of the nation opened his prison door." Psalm 105:19-20 (NLT)

Hmmm...Ever thought about the fact that even good things must come at the right time? That the testing is part of the process? That being imprisoned may be within the borders of what His ultimate purposes are in your life? And that at the precise moment that God's word should be fulfilled, you'll be released from your prison?

"Lock your gaze on God's plan for you. Plot your path with care, and don't let yourself be distracted by anything that would slow you down or hinder you from reaching the goal! Walk the path that is known for being free from quicksand, and don't allow yourself to be ensnared by evil."
--The SippinTea Paraphrase of Proverbs 4:25-27 *smile*

SippinTea

Who are You? ....Where are You? ....I want to know You.

Those silent whispers in my mind....do You consider them irreverent? I hope not—they're not intended that way. As long as I've known You, I still discover new things about You that are such big things I find myself wondering if I've ever known You at all.

But perhaps that's not so strange after all. There have been moments when someone I've known and loved for all of my life has revealed a new facet of themselves....and I've found myself thinking the same thoughts. Who are you? ....Where are you? ....I want to know you.

And then again, if You were such that my small mind could understand the whole scope of You, You wouldn't be much of a God.

Classicrambler

And to prove that Sippin' Tea has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much time to spend online, she has just announced the debut of her new blog. Best of luck!

SippinTea

:pound: That wasn't for public knowledge, Goofball!  I have a journal, too....does that mean I have too much time to write?  :roll: Silly guy.

And to prove that CR has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much time to spend online, he READS my new blog!  ;)

MelodyB

Does that mean I spend too much time online too?

:hypocrite:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Classicrambler

Quote from: SippinTea on June 30, 2007, 01:20:38 AM
And to prove that CR has waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much time to spend online, he READS my new blog!  ;)

Do not!

*library will be closing in 5 minutes...the lady just said so*

SippinTea

"Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)

I've always thought of this verse in reference to doing good to our enemies. Of showing kindness in the face of rudeness, of giving a peaceful answer in the face of anger...those kinds of things. And I still think that is one valid interpretation of this verse. But can it be there is another side, too? Is it possible that this verse is talking about the evil in our own lives? And that by filling our lives with good, the evil is overcome? Just as pouring fresh water into a glass of tainted water will eventually cause the glass to be full of only fresh water, if I pour enough of God's goodness into my life then the evil will be overcome by good. We're constantly being bombarded by evil, we can't help the fact that it does infiltrate our lives just by living in this world, but in the things we have a choice in, we should be consciously choosing to fill our lives with good.

"Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good." (Romans 12:9b)

RainbowJingles

Ummm... 

Quote from: SippinTea on June 30, 2007, 01:20:38 AM
:pound:

Do these two concepts match, ST?

Quote from: SippinTea on July 08, 2007, 05:16:23 AM
...but overcome evil with good." (Romans 12:21)

:hypocrite:

Perhaps you should  :headrub: him and  :heart: him and :lips: and :love2: him and  :2love: and :love: and :kissed: him instead?

:up2:

SippinTea

*ahem* You DO remember I'm related to him, right? LOL

Your visual description seems a wee bit.....mushy.  :lol:

Classicrambler

SippinTea

Precisely. LOL

I love you to death, CR, but not that way.  :biglaugh:

So glad we're all agreed. ;)

RainbowJingles

Yup.  I *do* know you're related.  Nothing like a good hug, squeeze, and peck on the cheek in public to make an errant cousin fall back in line.  lol

Hmmm...  Too embarrassed to be seen in public with him?
Maybe you should get someone else to do it *for* you.

OverCOME that evil, girl!

SippinTea

:roll: Whatever. LOL

Actually, a cousin close in age is an extremely nice thing to have. When people don't know you're related, and there is someone you wish to avoid attention from.... all you have to do is walk into the room holding his arm, and smile up at him and bat your eyes, and everyone leaves you alone. LOL Quite convenient. ;) ;)

RainbowJingles

Nerd

Could be an advantage for him, too.

Girls can't leave a guy alone if they think he's unavailable...