News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Discussion: Why Wait For A Mate?

Started by Newsman, February 19, 2007, 04:52:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott

Be friendly develop male and female friends.  Get active in your church, in your section, in your district. Volunteer at camps and retreats.  Go to youth and singles functions.

And for crying out loud: DO NOT ACT Desperate!!!!

I knew a guy that was so desperate that when he walked in the door, the girls ran and grabbed a guy.  He would never bother a girl that had a boyfriend and when that got around, all girls suddenly had a boyfriend.

:laughhard:

He would visit all the area churches on youth night and scope out the chicks. On night he walked up to me and asked me what my secret was?  I was ????

He wanted to know how I could have six girlfriends in the same church.  I was  :o then  :freaky2:

"Well, it a'int easy".

He shook his head and walked off.

Later six girls apologized for putting me in that position, they had forgotten to compare notes. From that point on, they compared notes and spread the love around.   :laughhard: :laughhard:

This guy wanted a woman so bad that he made himself look foolish.  He'd crash parties just to scope out girls.  I do not know if he ever got married or not, but he was at one point 22 and dating a 14 year old.

Folks, be natural, be real and don't act like every single guy or gal (whatever applies to you) is a potential mate. Chill and make friends. 

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Amelia Bedelia

:yikes: 

Quote from: Scott on February 20, 2007, 01:15:04 AM
He wanted to know how I could have six girlfriends in the same church.  I was  :o then  :freaky2:

"Well, it a'int easy".

He shook his head and walked off.
:laughhard: :rotfl:

poor guy

lojack

Quote from: Amelia Bedelia on February 19, 2007, 11:49:24 PM
Quote from: nwlife on February 19, 2007, 11:11:15 PM
well, a girl doesn't have to make a blatent first move.  It could be at church or a fellowship meeting...where a group is going to braums, or pizza place , etc... and she just asks the guy are you going to join us?  You know a few times of that or something similar...he might get the hint to at least consider it...
see what happens there is the girl makes all the first moves, being extra friendly to him, encouraging him that there is interest, inviting him to stuff, making it easy for him... she's working hard! and then if he ever reciprocates he'll think he came up with the idea and that he made the first move and take the credit for it! (not that it matters, as long as she finally snags him)

I think girls make the first moves all the time, just the guys don't realize what is being done  :smirk2:

And then some of us are really blatant, aggressive and straightforward and then we scare guys...
oh well if I'm gonna scare him I'd rather find that out at the beginning  :-\
can't be a chicken and be with me  :teeth:

lot of the time guys wont take a 'hint' because 90% of the time the girl is just being nice and didnt have any attractions towards the guy. so instead of getting pulled aside and being let known that she is only interested in being friends, its just easier to completely disregard the notion that she's interested and move on.  the pastor's wife just needs to get a questionaire filled out to see who they are interested in.  when both people like each other, then the pastors wife can introduce the 2 under the premise of possibly dating.  if no match, then no harm to either person.  and all questionaires are to be strictly confidential to the pastor and his wife...ok, maybe ive gone too far with that idea lol
Date me before i become famous :o  and for the people who say they can't see my avatar...   http://img517.imageshack.us/my.php?image=img0092yi2.jpg

Amelia Bedelia

wasn't there a website like that?
I remember when I was about 14 there was a site my friends used where you put in your crush's e-mail and then it e-mails the crush and askes them to input the names of people they like and if there is a match it lets both parties know
LOL I didn't have any crushes and was too leery to try it anyway but I remember people using it  LOL

Newsman

The following deals with widows, but I see no separate and different commandment for first marriages.

(KJV)
1 Corinthians 7:39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

RainbowJingles

Okay...  I'm not making light of the Scripture here...  I'm just excited.   :clap:
I can marry WHOEVER I WANT TO MARRY!!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

Reminds me of a story I once heard.
"So which hymns would you like this morning?"

Without missing a beat, the lady stood and pointed to two bachelors and a widower sitting on the front row.
"I'll take him, him, and him!"

*Looking around*

apsurf

Rainbow starts looking around....hmmm...
I see London, I see Canada,
I see newsman sneaking off to south America :laughhard:

SippinTea

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

TRAV

PROVERBS 3:5,6

RainbowJingles

Quote from: nwlife on February 20, 2007, 08:05:37 AM
Rainbow starts looking around....hmmm...
I see London, I see Canada,
I see newsman sneaking off to south America :laughhard:
He's not the only one close to my age in here, mister.
Perhaps YOU should head to South America WITH Sir John.
:freaky2:
Besides, maybe I'll just pick 3 "hims."  Scott once had 6 girlfriends at a time, according to one post he shared recently.   :biglaugh:

Chinadoll

Ya know...    My dad had five girlfriends once -- but it was an unusual situation -- they all knew about each other and each were just wanting a nice guy to go out with once a week.

This is in stark contrast to my Uncle Joe who once got himself engaged to THREE girls at once right before he went off to Vietnam and gave them all IDENTICAL RINGS.

Franklin is NOT that big a town and these girls met up before he came back.

Seems Uncle Joe spent a few hours under a car when he got home from his first tour.   Something about those girls waiting in the living room for three hours or so before they left.

Uncle Joe who is a smart guy believe it or not (now has a doctorate in theology) decided the next day to sign up for another tour of Vietnam -- decided the cong was preferable to those girls!

Nai

RainbowJingles

lol  *paging Scott*

Come in and defend yourself here, man!  :-)

*trying to remember where that thread was*
It was the one with Brandon's Pokemon story in it...

InChristGirl

Scott

Quote from: RainbowJingles on February 21, 2007, 02:25:00 AM
lol  *paging Scott*

Come in and defend yourself here, man!  :-)

*trying to remember where that thread was*
It was the one with Brandon's Pokemon story in it...

Elona? What do you want?

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

No elona, it wasn't 6 real GF's, just some poor planning on their parts. The most I ever had at once was 3, and in 3 different churches. (they did not know each other)

The Never Ending Battle

RainbowJingles

Quote from: Scott on February 20, 2007, 01:15:04 AM
I knew a guy that was so desperate that when he walked in the door, the girls ran and grabbed a guy.  He would never bother a girl that had a boyfriend and when that got around, all girls suddenly had a boyfriend.

:laughhard:

He would visit all the area churches on youth night and scope out the chicks. On night he walked up to me and asked me what my secret was?  I was ????

"Well, it a'int easy".

HERE  it is!  lol  I thought it was in another thread, and there it was right before my very eyes.

ME- :pound: \ME

:roll:

ANYWAY... it is upon the basis of that thread that I choose to pick 3 hims.  lol
Sorry to disturb you, Scott.  Go back to protecting Mayberry from that fierce deputy of yours.
:thumbsup2:

SippinTea

Okay, I know this thread already kind of died...but I think of it every time I hear Lemonade by Chris Rice.  :)

:sing: So go ahead and ask her
For happy ever after
'Cause nobody knows what's coming
So why not take a chance on loving....  :sing:

:beret:

RainbowJingles

Waiting for a mate
Basket full of clean laundry
Singles become pairs

Newsman

Trying to give a hint to someone, Lady SippinTea?

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

If I weren't an "ain't skeered," kind of guy, I would probably go hide now..but, intead...

:laughhard: :laughhard: :laughhard:

:goodmod: John  :goodmod:

oh, and  :waving:

Quote from: SippinTea on March 09, 2007, 05:37:50 PM
Okay, I know this thread already kind of died...but I think of it every time I hear Lemonade by Chris Rice.  :)

:sing: So go ahead and ask her
For happy ever after
'Cause nobody knows what's coming
So why not take a chance on loving....  :sing:

SippinTea

No, no...no hints being given. I just thought it was funny that it matched your thread so well, that's all. But good try!  :biglaugh:

Besides, I thought posting it here might help motivate you to ask out Miss Raven Hair, whomever she may be.... :P

Newsman

apsurf

Oh great should I be worried or something? :o :biglaugh:

Newsman

I don't know: are you looking at the second post on this page?

:laughhard: :goodmod:
John  :waving:

apsurf

Quote from: Newsman on March 10, 2007, 08:04:02 AM
I don't know: are you looking at the second post on this page?

:laughhard: :goodmod:
John  :waving:

Possibly, so who is sis. Penelope? :freaky2:

TRAV

PROVERBS 3:5,6