News:

Monday is an awful way to spend 1/7th of your life. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Is it just me?? Feeling alone in Sharing 493..

Started by Roscoe, April 05, 2014, 02:39:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

I absolutly would like to go in business, if I knew I could make a living at it. But I wanted that particular one because of the history. I'd like to have restored it to its original late '30's early '40's look, and just use it for storage for rusty and the Stude. Kinda a hobby shop. I came close to buying it a few years ago, but the owner wouldn't come off of his price of 10 grand and it needed another few thousand in structural repairs. I'd have given him $5k...:sadbounce:
Ironically, I bet they didn't get that much for it after the last few years' deterioration.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Back at work. Quite the light show going on- the storms they've predicted for our area seem to be firing up a bit earlier than I'd heard. They are saying tornados, golf ball size hail, and 60+ mph winds are likely.  :o If I get blowed away, I hope I am put down- gently- somewhere in Florida or another tropical paradise. With my luck, though, I'll get dumped in the Artic. Or if I DO get dumped in Florida, it'll be in Miami, in the 'hood.  :uzi: :sadbounce:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Sorry Dorothy, it only works that way in the movies.  Just keep saying "There's no place like home."   :teeth:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Chseeads

One thing you definitely all got was a bad case of the weirdos.

W2cch.  Eating a bean bowl.

Lynx

I'd rather be weird than gassy any day.  All those beans can't be good for you.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Speaking of combustibles, my air conditioner just now gave up the ghost.  It has been making weird noises for two years now, so I guess it was time.  *sigh* 
"Do you sing at church?"

Chseeads

It's gone to meet our water heater, which just did the same. 

Roscoe

Well, the weather nerds were right. A MASSIVE tornado just wiped a portion of Mayflower- a small town between Conway and Little Rock, famous for a oil pipeline break last year- off the map. One fatality so far, but there's ALOT of damage. So thankful it went through at 7 pm, and not three and a half hours earlier, as it went right through where I drive daily.

taco_harvell

Quote from: Lynx on April 26, 2014, 02:03:17 PM
Taco:  Who needs a hard drive?  Install Linux on a flash drive and carry on.   :thumbsup2:  This computer I'm using right now hasn't even touched the internal hard drive in months.

Come to think of it... want a hard drive?  Only thing I would use it for would be Windows, and I never run Windows on my internet computer.  2.5 SATA.

Bobby:  I may have misunderstood... you have wanted to OWN a service station?  Just because it looked rustic, or did you want to go into business?
The hard drive is fine the keyboard went first, then the monitor went wonky, now it wont turn on. I need a laptop for the hard drive which already has a dual install of windows 7 and linux. lol

Never seen a laptop die around a hard drive like that before.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Lynx

It died AROUND the hard drive?  Like, the hard drive is fine?  The hard drive is usually what fails...  I've never seen that before.  I almost wish you had videos of its demise.
"Do you sing at church?"

MelodyB

Well I'm alive... barely.

I waited for the bus again on Friday. Long story short, I went to the ER, and ended up with a fractured kneecap, a bruised left knee, bruised elbow, broken wrist, busted lip, and six stitches inside my mouth. Possibly later I may lose my front tooth, as it is very loose right now, and I still have to see a dentist. That's what happens when you decide to attack hug a concrete step... With your face.

As far as my job goes, I got lucky, because this was our last week anyway, and the deli is already closed. I pretty much had this week coming up, off anyway. We were just going to be cleaning and moving stuff, and I can't do that now anyway so I'm off. I still don't know any information about my new job, we are supposed to find out at the end of this week.

Y'all be sure to pray that I still have one.

That is all. Any questions?
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MelodyB

Oh, I also suffered a minor concussion, and what is known as dysphasia. It was a lovely experience.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Newsman

I'm glad you are ok, Bobby .. even if it WAS because you have to be over 4'6" to ride the Cyclone! :)

I should feel sooooooooo bad right now!

John  :waving:

mini

Quote from: Newsman on April 28, 2014, 09:38:44 AM
I'm glad you are ok, Bobby .. even if it WAS because you have to be over 4'6" to ride the Cyclone! :)

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Quote from: Newsman on April 28, 2014, 09:38:44 AM

:pound: :pound:

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

Saw that on Facebook Melbs - yikes!  :noo:

Sooo tired today. It should be mandatory for pentecostals to take monday's off.  :sleep:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Chseeads

The Purple Fuzzy

Mushrooms?  Have you been hanging out with MY?

MsJennJenn

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

Where exactly are you looking?  In a creek?

Roscoe

:hi: Another work day down. Now I've came home, pigged out on chili dogs, and played with the ham radio. Life is good.

Chseeads

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 28, 2014, 06:18:46 PM
Where exactly are you looking?  In a creek?

Along and in the vicinity of a creek. 

Not water turtles though, box turtles.  "Tarpins," (terrapins) as we call them.

They were just out in great abundance today. 

Maybe they ate all the mushrooms.