News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nelle

Jeremy's friends in Nevada that hunt the big game even use a generator sometimes. It doesn't run any a/c, but they use it for other stuff.

I'm not even sure how this weekend is going to work. It feels chaotic b/c there are things so up-in-the-air still.

I have a birthday party at 3pm, visitation tonight or tomorrow (husband has been going with me, but he's been working late this week), have to get the Fathers Day present for the church giveaway, have to return the super soakers that didn't work and get something new for the kiddos instead, and return the items we didn't use on Sunday. Plus I'm teaching again on Sunday.. just how the weekends fell with certain weeks being skipped over teaching-wise.

Our power has been clicking off and back on sometimes.. generally has been happening (that I've noticed) at night. I'm not sure if Jeremy's noticed it happening other times or not. Freaky! I'm hoping our new a/c isn't causing the issue. We have a very old house that has old wiring, so I'm always nervous that I'm going to come home one day to a burned down house. :(

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on June 15, 2018, 02:33:32 PMhave to return the super soakers that didn't work and get something new for the kiddos instead, and return the items we didn't use on Sunday. Plus I'm teaching again on Sunday.. just how the weekends fell with certain weeks being skipped over teaching-wise.

I'm always nervous that I'm going to come home one day to a burned down house. :(

Ha this made me think of a meme I've seen on Instagram. It says the guy is going to Walmart to return 37 pool noodles cus they didn't use them for a church activity, and when they asked him why he was returning them he said "My wife didn't specify which noodles to buy. She's mad at me right now."  :laughhard:

And legit fear too. Especially when I lived in an apartment. Cus not everyone lives at the same standard as you, so l would always have a fear that someone stupid would do something more stupid and burn our building down. That I'd come home to it on fire.  :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Quote from: MsJennJenn on June 15, 2018, 03:10:50 PM
Quote from: Nelle on June 15, 2018, 02:33:32 PMhave to return the super soakers that didn't work and get something new for the kiddos instead, and return the items we didn't use on Sunday. Plus I'm teaching again on Sunday.. just how the weekends fell with certain weeks being skipped over teaching-wise.

I'm always nervous that I'm going to come home one day to a burned down house. :(

Ha this made me think of a meme I've seen on Instagram. It says the guy is going to Walmart to return 37 pool noodles cus they didn't use them for a church activity, and when they asked him why he was returning them he said "My wife didn't specify which noodles to buy. She's mad at me right now."  :laughhard:

And legit fear too. Especially when I lived in an apartment. Cus not everyone lives at the same standard as you, so l would always have a fear that someone stupid would do something more stupid and burn our building down. That I'd come home to it on fire.  :noo:

LOL. I saw that! I'm only returning 7 noodles and two pools. I almost took the beach ball back, but I blew it up personally... so I don't want to return something with my air in it LOL.

Yes. I can only imagine the anxiety I would have in an apartment. It's scary enough being super close in a normal neighborhood. You see houses next door catch fire to houses on fire all the time. They just build soo close.

sunlight

I saw Roscoe speechless... I know it's hard to believe, but I did! It lasted like almost 10 seconds too!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

I have it on video....MUHAHAHA
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Well? Don't leave us hanging here! What happened?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Sorry dogs.
So, we all know that this is Car-Mecca this week....the holy week for all automotive lovers in this area to descend upon my area for the annual swap meet. For the last seven years or so, Mini has found himself here, usually with chellbelle and kiddos, and we just have a generally great time.
This year, since Jerm has not met Bro Lawrence,our new associate pastor, we decided to host a cook out and have the Lawrence's over to meet the Porters, and even got Bro Papa to wander over with Sis Wilson.

So,Jerm and fam set off to run to Conway while I head to the local butcher shop to buy 10 lbs of fresh ground burger- no telling how much of a cow we can eat.
Jerm calls and asks me to meet him at Walmart to "get something and take it to your house." I thought it odd, since they were going to be out in a bit, but Jerm's odd anyway,so I headed that way. He gets out with a little camera and begans blathering while I am very puzzled indeed. Then a small car tools up next to me, and my first thought is "A whole parking lot and this idiot parks 6 inches from my door". Then my cranky butt looks over and---in the car is Burrito, sunlight and my handsome namesake of a nephew! Absolutely left me without words. :lol:

Needless to say, I got to spend some amazing quality time with some people I love. IT was awesome,and I've done told young Bobby that when he grows up and has that first date, Uncle Roscoe will hook him up with a cool car for that first impression- maybe a Corvette or the like for that one date. :freaky:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on June 16, 2018, 04:39:52 AMSorry dogs.
So, we all know that this is Car-Mecca this week....the holy week for all automotive lovers in this area to descend upon my area for the annual swap meet. For the last seven years or so, Mini has found himself here, usually with chellbelle and kiddos, and we just have a generally great time.
This year, since Jerm has not met Bro Lawrence,our new associate pastor, we decided to host a cook out and have the Lawrence's over to meet the Porters, and even got Bro Papa to wander over with Sis Wilson.

So,Jerm and fam set off to run to Conway while I head to the local butcher shop to buy 10 lbs of fresh ground burger- no telling how much of a cow we can eat.
Jerm calls and asks me to meet him at Walmart to "get something and take it to your house." I thought it odd, since they were going to be out in a bit, but Jerm's odd anyway,so I headed that way. He gets out with a little camera and begans blathering while I am very puzzled indeed. Then a small car tools up next to me, and my first thought is "A whole parking lot and this idiot parks 6 inches from my door". Then my cranky butt looks over and---in the car is Burrito, sunlight and my handsome namesake of a nephew! Absolutely left me without words. :lol:

Needless to say, I got to spend some amazing quality time with some people I love. IT was awesome,and I've done told young Bobby that when he grows up and has that first date, Uncle Roscoe will hook him up with a cool car for that first impression- maybe a Corvette or the like for that one date. :freaky:

:sadbounce:  :'(

It just ain't fair! He hasn't got to meet his favorite uncle yet!  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:

:laughhard:
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

mini

Quote from: taco_harvell on June 16, 2018, 07:52:39 AM
Quote from: Roscoe on June 16, 2018, 04:39:52 AMSorry dogs.

:sadbounce:  :'(

It just ain't fair! He hasn't got to meet his favorite uncle yet!  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:  :hypocrite:

:laughhard:

Ok Taco, that made me laugh.  Me and Roscoe have been carrying on and you come on here and top us....
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

Currently fighting with my computer. :mad: Stupid thing. Apparently a driver went nuts, the laptop keyboard and touchpad won't work. I've done everything I know of, updating drivers, deleting and re-installing drivers, even restored it, wiping off a bunch of my needed apps, INCLUDING my beloved Microsoft Money program, which knocked out the years' worth of tables and pie charts I use to make my budget and points to Lou. Totally bit happy. It still is jacked up, and it couldn't do that when I had TWO IT guys at my house, it waited until they were gone. :pound:
I guess I should be happy that it's still functional with a USB keyboard and a USB mouse.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Uh... I've never heard of that happening in all my nerdy days.

Is the cable connecting keyboard/mouse to the motherboard still firmly attached?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

mini

In the words of an ancient uncle who lived in a cave and communicated mainly by grunts and banging stones together...

Ugh.

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on June 18, 2018, 09:37:26 AMUh... I've never heard of that happening in all my nerdy days.

Is the cable connecting keyboard/mouse to the motherboard still firmly attached?

Yes. It was working fine, then it didn't work at all, then it half worked.
Quote from: mini on June 18, 2018, 01:01:01 PMIn the words of an ancient uncle who lived in a cave and communicated mainly by grunts and banging stones together...

Ugh.

:stupid:

Back at work. Correcting issues that occurred while I was off work..

The Purple Fuzzy

That's always fun. :roll:
Quote from: Roscoe on June 18, 2018, 01:41:18 PMBack at work. Correcting issues that occurred while I was off work..

mini

A couple of pictures from this weekend.  Gracie heard there was a need for a junkyard dog and decided to try out for the job...

mini

MsJennJenn

I'm sickly. Mild bronchitis, severe kidney infection. Preeetty sure I passed a stone this morning too.  :smirk2:

Been a rough day.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

I'm here. Nothing new in my life to report, so I didn't report it.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Here. Kinda. Experimented with some paint on the Scotty tonight and ate a delicious dinner cooked by Lou.

Roscoe

I've been forced to conclude that I am not a morning person. Bah.

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

I think I'm going to Arkansas this weekend to visit my parents & my brother/sis-in-law. I've probably already mentioned that possibility tho. I don't like traveling without Jeremy, but he has to work, so it's go by myself or stay in Illinois and not see anyone.

I've been reading like a madwoman. I even brought my book with me to work today so that I could finish the last few pages of my book at lunch.

Speaking of lunch, I'm hungry now for it. I'm eating leftovers from last night's bbq restaurant. They make THE best chili, but I also have most of my sandwich left as well, so I'm going to have to figure out which one I want to eat more, haha. Decisions, decisions..

MsJennJenn

I'm most def. not a morning person. I will bite your head off. It's true. Ask my boss.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

*walks to the center of the room*

*taps mic*

*clears throat*

:sing:

on top of SPAGEEEETTTTIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

ALL COVERED WITH CHEESEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

*bows*

*walks out of room*