News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Roscoe's on duty, better toe the line, in Sharing 469

Started by Lynx, September 24, 2012, 01:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Oh lawd. So many things I could pick on with HippyChick's last post.... :laughhard: Buying hemp seeds, being a nut.....:hippy:

But I will be nice. I'm up and intended to stay at the house all day. I've changed my mind. The neighbors two kids, age 5 and 7, just showed up about an hour ago screaming and playing. I was not happy. They have just moved in, and apparently the parents don't mind if they run off to the neighbors uninvited. I am a bit of a crab, and value my weekends- they ain't gonna start this. I am not going to share my Daddy and Chey day with neighbor kids all the time. They were here until 7 last night, for God's sake. :mad:

So, I told them we were going somewhere. Now, it is 45 degrees and raining, and to keep from lying I am being ran out of my own house. Not happy.

* Roscoe grumps off into the distance.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

SippinTea

*Hugs* Chel

Roscoe, when that happened when we were small my mom would just tell them that she was sorry, but today was family day, and they were going to have to go home. And that we could play with them another day. They weren't exactly happy about it, but it worked. *shrug*

Quote from: Chseeads on October 06, 2012, 02:19:37 PM
My eyes took an itching spell for a little bit last night like crazy....  This morning they were all scummy.  And like puffy underneath a bit.  I couldn't hardly keep from clawing them out last night.  It didn't last long, but long enough.... 

Some kind of allergen apparently, I guess.  It happens every once in a rare while.

You're allergic to Cheryl. You only see her every once in a rare while.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Chseeads

Just drive down the road and back, Roscoe.  That's somewhere.  :P

Shrewby, could be.  But she wasn't the trigger for it at other times. 

SippinTea

MelodyB

I just talked to one of my favorite people, and that made me happy. :)

SippinTea

Well, now you should put all that happiness to work, and come help me grade math papers. :P

I have about come to the conclusion that a certain son of mine will still be trying to learn fractions in college. :updown:

MelodyB

I still don't know much about fractions. And I turned out ok. :ugly:

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on October 06, 2012, 04:31:34 PM
Just drive down the road and back, Roscoe.  That's somewhere.  :P

I did just that. We took Rusty on the lake loop....you know,the fifeteen miles of dirt road that you swear is two miles?  :P
Now I'm back home, fixing to do dishes and pondering a recepie for stuffed pork chops. I got some beautiful pork chops on sale yesterday, now I'm trying to figure how I shall cook them. Those and left over Garlic Smashed taters and rolls will compromise dinner tonight..
Quote from: SippinTea on October 06, 2012, 04:26:07 PM
*Hugs* Chel

Roscoe, when that happened when we were small my mom would just tell them that she was sorry, but today was family day, and they were going to have to go home. And that we could play with them another day. They weren't exactly happy about it, but it worked. *shrug*

I hate to be rude.....but I suspect that this morning was just the beginning. :-\
they moved in a week ago- discovered Chey about two days ago, and they've not missed a day. In the summer or on pretty days, they can play outside, but as luck would have it, they moved in just as the messy, wet/ cold days are starting. Therefore, I get to be a mean old grump.  :P
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MelodyB

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 06, 2012, 06:17:15 PM
I did just that. We took Rusty on the lake loop....you know,the fifeteen miles of dirt road that you swear is two miles?  :P
Now I'm back home, fixing to do dishes and pondering a recepie for stuffed pork chops. I got some beautiful pork chops on sale yesterday, now I'm trying to figure how I shall cook them. Those and left over Garlic Smashed taters and rolls will compromise dinner tonight..
I'd say "I'll be right over" but we have a guest tonight that I don't want to miss.  Do you do deliveries? 
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: MelodyB on October 06, 2012, 06:22:36 PM
That's shouldn't be much of a stretch for you.
:pound: But, truthfully, it isn't.  :laughhard: This past summer, I was sitting on my front porch drinking sweet tea and enjoying the sound of my fountain when a neighbour came by on a fourwheeler and busted a u turn, running over into my yard. I yelled "Get off my lawn" before I knew it.....Shew. I'm ready for retirement and old age.  :P
Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 06, 2012, 06:22:50 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on October 06, 2012, 06:17:15 PM
I'd say "I'll be right over" but we have a guest tonight that I don't want to miss.  Do you do deliveries? 
No deliveries- but we DO have the "GProom" should you wish to stay the night.... :freaky2:

MelodyB

I hope my dinner turns out ok. I sliced potatoes, layered them in the crock pot with onion soup mix, corned beef, onions, peppers and seasonings. I topped that with a can of cream of mushroom, and cream of celery, mixed with a little milk.

I hope it works.

Chseeads

* Chseeads hugs Shrewby.

:dead:

Roscoe, threaten to arrest them and take them to jail....frighten them with your authoritarian role....

Melsipoo, that should at least yield a big pot of slop if nothing else.

MelodyB

Lynx

MelodyB that sounds pretty good.  Save me the leftovers?  :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Chseeads

Roscoe

Quote from: Chseeads on October 06, 2012, 07:32:44 PM

The beast and beauty with an egg in the face...  :P

And Mel, DO tell how that turns out. If it's good I may try it. I am always looking for new crockpot creations...

SippinTea

Quote from: Chseeads on October 06, 2012, 07:17:10 PM
* Chseeads hugs Shrewby.

:eek!:

*faints, and nearly dies*

What, pray tell, brought THAT on? Have you been converted since Chelbertina visited you?

Roscoe

Well.....I've learned a couple things about stuffed pork chops...1) It's a pain to cut the pockets into them for the stuffing without killing yourself, or at the very least, stabbing yourself 2) My favorite knife ain't near as sharp as I thoughtit was when used for cutting pork (the meat), but has no problem cutting the pig (the off duty cop) and 3) the receipe I found seemed simple just needing apples, bread crumbs, apple juice, raisons, cheese, and assorted spices, all of which I have. Using their measurements for chops, I wound up with enough stuffing for double the meat I have.  :smirk2:
We shall see if they are edible or not.

Lynx

So how do you tell which red is the pork chop and which red is you?  :biglaugh:
"Do you sing at church?"

kmymbir

I have a headache yet again.. this week is cruising the coast, I'm very excited about it, lucky for me I will be off on Friday and me and Jimmy are trying to get a small group to go with us. Seeing as we both just had a birthday we are celebrating together this week...
I put ribs in the oven to bake with onions and bell peppers, and barbque, should be good..
I need a vacation something awful!!!
I've been here going on three years and I just want to get away.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown

Roscoe

Quote from: Psalm_97 on October 06, 2012, 08:48:42 PM
So how do you tell which red is the pork chop and which red is you?  :biglaugh:
:laughhard:
Surprisingly the minor wound I inflicted was not done in the act of cutting the chop. It was in the act of putting down the knife. Go figure.  :laughhard:
And it didn't bleed hardly at all...
And the chops look delicious. Just took 'em out of the oven..

Roscoe

Quote from: kmymbir on October 06, 2012, 09:03:26 PM
.. this week is cruising the coast, I'm very excited about it, lucky for me I will be off on Friday and me and Jimmy are trying to get a small group to go with us. Seeing as we both just had a birthday we are celebrating together this week...

:eyebrow: Hmmm.... seems as if there *might* be a reason Lady Kmymbir has deserted us frequently in this past year, " having loved this present...er, world".  :laughhard:

kmymbir

Quote from: Roscoe on October 06, 2012, 09:06:57 PM
Quote from: kmymbir on October 06, 2012, 09:03:26 PM
.. this week is cruising the coast, I'm very excited about it, lucky for me I will be off on Friday and me and Jimmy are trying to get a small group to go with us. Seeing as we both just had a birthday we are celebrating together this week...

:eyebrow: Hmmm.... seems as if there *might* be a reason Lady Kmymbir has deserted us frequently in this past year, " having loved this present...er, world".  :laughhard:
Drat, and here I was being so careful, I guess you got me..
hehehe.. Jimmy is my friend I brought to church and got baptized..
Just so everyone is all up to date and I can answer all the questions I know is coming now.
"It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others." - Unknown