News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

Book Review

Started by Melody, January 19, 2011, 10:47:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iridiscente

I just started "Buried Alive" http://www.amazon.com/Buried-Alive-Startling-Untold-Neanderthal/dp/0890512388/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1301792162&sr=1-1 A Christian dentists viewpoint on the misrepresentations by the scientific world of the "Neanderthal man." I find it pretty interesting.

I was not super impressed with Randy Alcorn. I appreciated the story line. I appreciated his honesty in his humanity and probable fumbling of heavenly depictions, but I still don't like reading any author's interpretation of heaven. Even an author who admits he could never depict it correctly. I'd just rather read other things.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: iridiscente on April 03, 2011, 12:59:06 AM
I was not super impressed with Randy Alcorn. I appreciated the story line. I appreciated his honesty in his humanity and probable fumbling of heavenly depictions, but I still don't like reading any author's interpretation of heaven. Even an author who admits he could never depict it correctly. I'd just rather read other things.

Yoop takes into account Adina's point of view before reading Alcorn...  :)

Feed The Bachelors 2010

MelodyB

THOMAS!!

:pound:

You are gonna take ONE unhappy reader against all the happy ones?!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

iridiscente

I wouldn't even term myself "unhappy." Just "unimpressed." It's certainly worth reading once to find out, Thomas.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: Succulent Peach on April 04, 2011, 12:20:32 AM
THOMAS!!

:pound:

You are gonna take ONE unhappy reader against all the happy ones?!

:-D. Nah... Just did that to get the reaction from you that I knew I'd get! Lol!!
Quote from: iridiscente on April 04, 2011, 12:31:22 AM
I wouldn't even term myself "unhappy." Just "unimpressed." It's certainly worth reading once to find out, Thomas.

Alright... If you say so... Lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010