News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Single Men are Like Waffles... Single Women are like Spaghetti?

Started by (R.I.P.) YooperYankDude, February 14, 2010, 03:16:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amelia Bedelia

*wades through the sappy sippintea puddle*  hugging is always good, with or without advice

Its been a long time since I've read the book but isn't the idea that the best match is going to be people that rank differently?  In taking the test from two angles... I'm not so much of a praise giver (though I try) but validation is something that I really need... however I'm very much an acts of service and gift giver even though I don't need gifts at all or much service.

Basically, the acts of service around the home is MY thing (he can do his acts of service by bringing home the bacon and some yard work) If he's doing everything for me then I'd just feel worthless... guys that can really cook scare me  LOL I need to have some tangible things that he "needs" me for.  I need to feel like I do so much for him he'd be lost without me.  I'm like this at work as well, if they don't call me with some emergency that only I can fix when I'm on vacation... it makes me feel cold inside  LOL

SippinTea

Yooper - He might if you ask him. *lol*

Mary - Apologies about the sappy puddle... no, wait... never mind. I'm not apologizing. I've got a great man, and I know it. I'm not apologizing for that. I can't help it if I get a bit sappy on occasion. ;)

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

sunlight

:grin:
* sunlight is enjoying reading the comments on this one.
:lurk:

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

RainbowJingles

Quote from: 1legRooster on February 14, 2010, 03:24:04 PM
9     Words of Affirmation
7    Quality Time
2    Receiving Gifts
3    Acts of Service
9    Physical Touch

I have read the 5 love languages, and really enjoyed the book.  It is funny, because I enjoy giving gifts to the special people in my life, but I always feel weird getting gifts.  LOL.  Not that I complain of course.

Jonathan: I have a theory about that thought.

My primary love language is words of affirmation, but there are times that I feel uncomfortable giving or receiving needed affirmation because it almost feels too personal.

Sometimes if you recognize that someone is doing something because they are interested, then it can also put a damper on the receiving part, because you feel like something is being required of you in a way.

Yooper: Are you trying to break some sort of record for newbie posting?
Jonathan: what was your original record?  We should resurrect the 1legrooster welcoe thread and see.  lol
And maybe we should introduce Yooper to the secret smileys, as well.  :evilgrin:

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Jonathan: what was your original record?  We should resurrect the 1legrooster welcoe thread and see.  lol
And maybe we should introduce Yooper to the secret smileys, as well.  :evilgrin:

LOL... Well... I guess I didn't think about whether there was one or not when I started... but maybe  :biglaugh:

I actually have been a member for like a few weeks, but just got the gumption to start saying things a few days ago... lol.

I doubt that it is possible to break anyone's records... lol

Feed The Bachelors 2010

sunlight

Quote from: RainbowJingles on February 16, 2010, 07:48:42 AM
Quote from: 1legRooster on February 14, 2010, 03:24:04 PM
9     Words of Affirmation
7    Quality Time
2    Receiving Gifts
3    Acts of Service
9    Physical Touch

I have read the 5 love languages, and really enjoyed the book.  It is funny, because I enjoy giving gifts to the special people in my life, but I always feel weird getting gifts.  LOL.  Not that I complain of course.

Jonathan: I have a theory about that thought.

My primary love language is words of affirmation, but there are times that I feel uncomfortable giving or receiving needed affirmation because it almost feels too personal.

Sometimes if you recognize that someone is doing something because they are interested, then it can also put a damper on the receiving part, because you feel like something is being required of you in a way.

:haha: no kidding! we should do that! :REG: dude! I almost forgot some of them!

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

RainbowJingles

Yup.  The reward of people responding to your posts.  :-)

Oh yeah...  and the "fresh meat" trophy!  I almost forgot about that one.
Jonathan?  Do you still hold that one for now?   :up2:

:freaky747:

Newsman

RainbowJingles

:o

Uh oh.  Look out, Yooper.  You're gonna be in a GP investigation!!!

Newsman

The Purple Fuzzy

Melody

I'm not single but took the test... that's the most comprehensive one I've seen online yet.  Some tests are too hard to choose an answer.  I think as I get older, my answers differ a little too.

7 Words of Affirmation
9 Quality Time
0 Receiving Gifts
6 Acts of Service
8 Physical Touch

RJ, I think your answer is great.  It's funny that physical touch is #2 for me cause I am not a touchy feely person.  I do not care for hugs from anyone but my husband.  But I think because it is very personal for me.  I have had to work and still do work on giving hugs to family and friends (females of course).  I don't want to hug but I know that it means something to them and they are important to me.  The Holy Ghost really helps with this and I think it's how Paul said he's all things to all men, obviously not everything came naturally easy to him.  

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: RainbowJingles on February 16, 2010, 06:30:08 PM

Someone might need to explain this one to me... a little lost... what kinda of GP investigation?

Feed The Bachelors 2010

nwlife

newsman scans through posts and condense's them into a news story....

Quote from: YooperYankDude on February 16, 2010, 11:03:47 PM

Someone might need to explain this one to me... a little lost... what kinda of GP investigation?
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Quote from: nwlife on February 16, 2010, 11:27:15 PM

Ahh... I see... interesting... hence the writer? Kinda cool, unless your the subject, eh?

Feed The Bachelors 2010

Sis

Quote from: YooperYankDude on February 16, 2010, 11:28:39 PM
Quote from: nwlife on February 16, 2010, 11:27:15 PM

Ahh... I see... interesting... hence the writer? Kinda cool, unless your the subject, eh?

Be advised:

http://godplace.com/forum/index.php?topic=30596.0

http://godplace.com/forum/index.php?topic=29125.0

http://godplace.com/forum/index.php?topic=30082.0

sunlight

haha, they are even cool then. It's kinda like an honor to get into one.

RainbowJingles

Newsman really *IS* a real live, multiple-award-winning newsman, so when he turns his expertise to GP, posters start to shake in their shoes.

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Feed The Bachelors 2010

SippinTea

*bounces* I've been waiting for another investigation. And methinks that with Yooper posting as much as he is, he's bound to be featured in the next one. *laugh*

C'mon Sir John! Your fan club is waiting! :hyper:

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Sis

Beware!  He has a way of twisting what you say, or out and out making things up. LOL

RainbowJingles

You have the right to be quoted.
You have the right to be MISquoted.
Anything that you post can and probably will be used against you in the next available newscast.
Anything you think will be twisted and put in writing.
Anything that you think about thinking will be misquoted and broadcast.

Those are the misquoted rules about John's quoting standards.