News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MsJennJenn

A capstone is a completion course of sorts. It combines your entire program into once class assignment. Basically taking everything you've learned over the course of your schoolwork and putting it to the test.

Kind of like a thesis paper. And it cost me about $1800. haha
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Congrats, Jenn. Now in addition to boasting about my rich tractor owning friend (Seth), I can boast about my super intelligent, degreed Marketing genius friend. Or something like that. :ugly:

Morning all. At work. Auditing my caseload, since I'm lightly scheduled today. Trying to decide what to listen to music wise. Not into Klove today and I've about wore myself out on Kenny Hinson, of all things- something I thought I'd never say. Bluegrass is too cheery for my current mood, I'm too grinchy for Christmas music, it makes me want to throw people out windows, and I'm kinda bored at blues.
I think Ray and Lamar will suit me for now..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Nelle

Eating leftover homemade chicken alfredo capunti (capunti is not homemade.. maybe one day!) for lunch!

Really hoping I can get home and fall into a nap after work, haha. I always wish I could have a couple months off around the holidays. Everything in me wants to nap in a recliner with a blanket and a kitten in front of the Christmas tree.. lol

Congratulations, MJJ!

Roscoe.. maybe just some instrumentals?

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on December 06, 2018, 03:27:22 PMI'm too grinchy for Christmas music, it makes me want to throw people out windows,

This is always the case for me. lol

And thanks to you and Nelle.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

MsJennJenn

Post thou varlets. :demand:

It's cold and rainy. I just wanna crawl back into my bed.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

Hey hey now.. no name calling... lol

Eating a frozen pizza (that I heated up in the oven) for lunch. Bought some snacks while I was at the Dollar General getting my pizza. I'm probably more excited about snack time than lunch time... but.. I'm over halfway through my workday at this point so.. yay. 3:30pm dismissal!

It's chilly here but no rain and the sun is out some.

I just tried to post this when I hadn't even logged in.. I was SO confused for a good 2-3 minutes haha. #ItsNotMonday #ItFeelsLikeItSometimes ;)

The Purple Fuzzy

sunlight

It's bern raining here all day too.  And I'm hungry. And congratulations Jenn! That's awesome!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

What are ya racing , Fuzz? I didn't realize you had anything that was race-able.  Of course, I have heard of folks racing their rascal scooters... Lol
 Spent most of the day doing home visits. Trying to help Chey get an overdue history paper done..
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Spell check chooses some interesting words to insert...

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 06, 2018, 03:27:22 PMMorning all. At work. Auditing my caseload, since I'm lightly scheduled today. Trying to decide what to listen to music wise. Not into Klove today and I've about wore myself out on Kenny Hinson, of all things- something I thought I'd never say. Bluegrass is too cheery for my current mood, I'm too grinchy for Christmas music, it makes me want to throw people out windows, and I'm kinda bored at blues.
I think Ray and Lamar will suit me for now..
Burnt out on Hinsons? Is that really a thing?

Try Michael Bowling or Terry Terrell.

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on December 07, 2018, 08:53:42 PMIt's been racing all night & all day.
But you're nowhere NEAR Talladega...
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

What is the point of making a budget when 1 of the 2 people in this house goes rogue every.single.pay.period.... :roll:

Mind you, it's the 1 of us who doesn't take care of any of the bills when they are due and who is the one who brings home the most money. By the time I end up scurrying around to get everything taken care of while he has who knows what in his account, I'm left with roughly 50 bucks to last me 2 weeks and I hope he remembers to pay the rent....

In other news, bambi ran into my car on the way to church the other night and somehow, according to my sister and mother, it was my fault and I don't respect my dad's things. Mind you, we've taken over the car payments and it's literally a hand length scuff and barely noticable dent on the passenger side rear door. I haven't told them yet that we have also opted to go to a church family's house for Christmas so I'm sure I'll be the favorite once that is found out.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Isaac, I'm slightly singed on that entire genre. Or at least I was then.

And re:budget...heather I totally understand.  I'm the budget nerd in our family. Fast food restaurants seem to totally  sabotage  ours, leaving me feeling like no one realizes the work that goes into paying the essentials.

It's a cold rainy day. I've spent the day I intended to relax on helping Cheyenne complete an overdue history paper. After about 6 hours work in the last two days it is done...and I put her to work on the rest of her homework.  She came back in snotting for help. Help on...a composition in English.  I flipped my stack. She's about to get a rare from daddy butt beating.
Ive got a pasta bake of my own creation in the oven now for dinner when lou gets in and a blueberry cheesecake waiting for the oven. And the place is clean.  I better not hear any yelling tonight..

Heather

Woke up to snow. Knew I had to go to work anyway. Chose to take the manual Yaris since I've driven it in the snow before. Did awesome getting to work but after 3 hours and more inches of snow later, it got across the parking lot but no where else. I had to walk home in 7-8 inches of snow. Not a single person offered help or a ride and I had at least 20+ trucks and SUVs passing me. Thanks y'all....

Now home in my jammies. Football and chilli. Everything is pretty much shutting down. No church, etc. The snow varies from 5 inches to almost 2 foot in our area.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Wow. We didn't get a bit of the snow they had thought we would get. So far winter is a none event for us. Just cold and muddy,reminding me once more that I hate winter.
Gotta go to church in a few.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on December 09, 2018, 08:12:57 PMWow. We didn't get a bit of the snow they had thought we would get. So far winter is a none event for us. Just cold and muddy,reminding me once more that I hate winter.
Gotta go to church in a few.
Of course. That's why middle latitudes really stink.
[https://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/middle_latitudes.png]
Snowy blizzards are fun, but so are sunny beaches! Let's split the difference and have months of wet, icy slush.

Quote from: Roscoe on December 08, 2018, 10:19:49 PMIve got a pasta bake of my own creation in the oven now for dinner when lou gets in and a blueberry cheesecake waiting for the oven. And the place is clean.  I better not hear any yelling tonight..

Okay I know girls are supposed to say this. I know guys NEVER say this. But I gotta say this... I hope your wife and daughter appreciate you. Pasta bake, blueberry cheesecake AND cleaning up.

You know that's above average for a guy, right?

And about being burnt out on a whole genre, I can understand that. I have enough Hemphills alone to last a full 8-hour work shift, and to spare. That's too much of a good thing. In the middle of it I have to switch to Kutless or Shachah for a bit.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Hmph. Apparently the forum will no longer display pictures in-post. I guess you'll have to click on the link.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

They do. Or at least they seem to. 
It's cold here. And my plugged left ear is back to being plugged. And I started my diet again today. I've already done paperwork for sending two back to prison and I have denied reschedules for four people already. Irritates me so bad when they call wanting to reschedule. I have told every one of my offenders that reschedules would not be possible for December due to the holidays, but they don't listen...

The Purple Fuzzy

I've been fighting some sort of crud for nearly a week. Hope it leaves soon.

Roscoe

:hi:
Morning all. 22 degrees here this morning. I am NOT a fan. Court day too, and a ton of stuff to do. I really want to steal away from everyone. Preferably with a few million bucks.

Nelle

It was 22° here as well when I went outside. Frost over everything, haha. So thankful for remote start on my vehicle. I've never had it before and I'm forgetting lots that I even have it.. but even just a little extra advance is nice. Jeremy got called into work this morning since a few people called out, and boy is he tired. LOL. He stayed up until after 3am playing a game or watching a movie. I was barely able to sleep for waking up to look at the clock myself, haha.

Anyway.. I'm thankful for my space heater here at work.

In ONE week, I get to see my brother & sister in law for Christmas at my parents! I'm SO ready for my family! Why did I ever move 3 hours away? lol..

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on December 11, 2018, 07:41:05 PMIn ONE week, I get to see my brother & sister in law for Christmas at my parents!

Less than two weeks until I get to see mine! I wish they only lived three hours away though. More like 14. :sadbounce:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

I feel ya. My brother & sis-in-law live in Los Angeles. We see the twice a year if we're lucky, but usually can count only on Christmas. They've been coming to visit here in the summer since our parents are increasing in age. I think he gets a little more homesick these days than he cares to admit. :)

I'm SO thankful my parents only live 3 hours away tho. I'd go crazy. I don't see them enough now as it is! haha