News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

Bookkeping and Invoicing products

Started by SippinTea, May 22, 2016, 04:52:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SippinTea

I'm looking for a new system for bookkeeping and invoicing for our new business venture. Up until now, paypal and an excel doc worked fine. But it's quickly getting unmanageable. I tried the free trial with Zoho, and I really liked most of what I saw, but they have NO options for pay-and-print shipping labels. And I really need that, since it would be a total waste of time for me to be copying addresses and names into USPS or paypal for every order. I'm in the process of getting Square up and running (for credit/debit at farmer's markets at such, primarily), but does anyone know if Square has a pay and print shipping option?? If so, I can just go with that. If not.... I need some suggestions/recommendations.  :-?

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Lynx

Wow, I didn't know your business was so booming. Congrats!

Sorry, no experience with this. But if business is that good... are you hiring? :D
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Lynx

Okay, a quick google found something. (Protip: Instead of googling "freeware (program you want)" google "Linux (program)" and see if they have a windows version. These days if you google "freeware (program)" you get a lot of trial offers for payware stuff.)  Of the following choices I found, eMadar looks like the best bet, followed by dolibarr.

gnucash is a freeware accounting software.
https://www.gnucash.org/

eMadar is an invoice management and crm suite. Get all the programs or just the parts you want.
http://www.emadar.com/

dolibarr is a web based business management suite with tons of addons. The dolibarr-made addons are free, but there are some third-party addons that cost a bit.
https://www.dolibarr.org/downloads

Of course there's also tryton... learning curve is high, but I'll throw it out just in case you're more of a nerd than I thought. I know I'm not nerd enough to try it... :cool:
http://www.tryton.org/
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Oh, and since they are all open source freeware you lose nothing (except of course time) downloading and trying them. ;)
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Thanks! I'll check those out as soon as I can (I.E. No sleeping baby on my lap).

It's quickly getting to the point we WILL need to hire more help.  :updown:

Lynx

By the way... Do you just need a basic label printing program? Because those are all over the place.

If you need a program that prints labels from your records, you might try LibreOffice spreadsheets and/or database for keeping your business records. A bit more cumbersome than dedicated accounting software... but it can print labels directly from the charts. :D  For the record, LibreOffice is the freeware answer to Microsoft Office. And it works a lot better than modern versions of MS Office, according to... well, everyone who uses it.

Just a thought.
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Okay, so I checked all the above links, and I'm not seeing any with the specific feature I need integrated. Ideally, I'd love something that would be able to handle clients/vendors/inventory/bookkeeping/invoicing/shipping all in one neat package. But maybe I'm asking for the moon. :/ Zoho was looking great, but the missing element was integration with USPS pay-and-print. Or click-and-ship. Or whatever they call the service. You know how with, say, Ebay or Amazon or really any other online selling stuffs, you can push a button or two and pay for the shipping and have a label printed with the info the customer provided? That's what I need. When a client pays their invoice, I need to be able to push a button and have the label print with the correct (paid) shipping and their address. I've been using Paypal for invoicing and pay-and-print, but that's not bookkeeping or inventory service, and while an excel doc has been working for small amounts of clients, it's not going to work much longer. Which is really a GOOD problem to be having. :)

SippinTea

I just found this: http://www.shipstation.com/partners/square-ecommerce/

I THINK that's the missing link I needed to make Square fully functioning the way I need it to. Maybe. Gonna do more digging.

Lynx

*Lynx sniffs around the square and sneezes at the payware.

Sorry.  *sniff* I'm allergic to payware programs.

I was concentrating on freeware, but I don't think any of them will provide all you're wanting in one package. Glad you found what you need.

And I'm glad you have such a good problem. Reminds me of the problem AT&T has with too many users. Verizon tries to make hay out of AT&T's dropped calls in advertisements but Verizon WISHES they had AT&T's problems.
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Well, I'd definitely rather have a free option. But I'm willing to pay to get what I need at this point, because it would make life a whole lot simpler. My brother had attempted to get me set up with a free option, too, but since both of you are pretty much saying the same thing... that what I need doesn't exist in a free option... well. Learning programming in order to make my own might take too long. :P

Lynx

But... But... But that's the Linux way.  If you want something and it does not exist, make it yourself.  And then post it in the repositories for other people to use. And then spend a lot of time adding feature requests from other users... 

Okay, yes, it's probably better just to get a payware option.
"Do you sing at church?"

SippinTea

Yes, and I love that in theory, but it's not working so well for my busy life just now. LOL!