News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Sick of the "royal" wedding!

Started by The Cold Water Kid, April 29, 2011, 02:15:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

Quote from: Scott on April 29, 2011, 06:49:56 PM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 29, 2011, 06:07:39 PM
:roll:

Typical man response! lol

*shrug*

Weddings = Boring!

Even Curling is more exciting than a wedding and Curling is BORRRRING!

What is curling you may ask, click here and find out

Weddings cost money, you don't need a tux and a fancy dress. Too much money! 

Photographers? Ask everyone to bring a digitial camera and email you the photos.

Post wedding reception? White Castle, Burger King, McDonalds. The kids will play all day in the play area, there will usually be a TV in the background with a ball game on for the guys and plenty of diet coke refills for the women who think that drinking 2 gallons of it daily is healthy and helps them lose weight and there is free Wi Fi for the teenie boppers and Facebook addicts.

lookie here guys! Scott could be Yoops wedding coordinator... they would agree just fine! lol~
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Scott

Sorry folks weddings are boring and the whole ceremony thing is totally unnecessary. Technically by law you just need a license signed by an approved official. The do you take this man/woman stuff is basically a glorified oath / sworn statement.

5 minutes - approved official administer the oath and you can be back to work by the end of lunch hour. Just like getting your drivers license.

"I find your lack of faith disturbing." (Vader)

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

MsJennJenn

Again, typical man response.

Is that what you did?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Scott

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 02, 2011, 06:42:05 PM
Again, typical man response.

Is that what you did?

No, but I did suggest that.

I found my own to be boring and difficult to sit or stand through.

It was way to stressful.

My mom and sister were angry that they could not plan the wedding - it was so bad that my dad told them they could not come to the wedding unless they stopped whining. They told him it was my wedding and they should plan it, he tried to tell them that the woman planned the wedding - they would not listen and they had a big argument over it and he told them they were not welcome at the wedding.  He was going by himself.

My best man could not come to the wedding because he was committed to another wedding the week before an could not afford to go to two out of town weddings. He could not back out of the other because it was in laws and he wanted to keep peace.

His wife offered to be the best man and skip her sisters wedding, but that wouldn't have looked good.

The guy I wanted as head groomsman would not come unless I paid his way to the wedding and back - plus bought his tuxedo.

My best man backed out at the last minute. He felt that I should pay for his tuxedo and got mad when I didn't.

I finally selected a man that I taught a home bible study to a year or so before and he came to the wedding, took me out to breakfast and brought alcoholic wine for the honeymoon.

My mom came to the wedding and sat in the back of the church and complained about everything.  My part time mom ( a lady from my home church) drove 13 hours one way - dying of lukemia and hooked up to a tens unit - sat there with my mom and helped to complain.

My under aged nephew kept trying to sneak off to buy booze.

I was only able to have one friend stand up with me in the wedding, the rest were my wife's brothers filling in for my ''pals" at the last minute. The junior bridesmaid was mad at me, the day before we took her to the park and when I pushed her in the swing, she fell off and got hurt.

The photographer was obnoxious!

People kept trying to decorate my car and I hate having my car touched by people. I had to hire a couple of guys to protect my car.

My dad was made that we made him wear a Tuxedo

The best man who backed out at the last minute was mad that he was not officiating at the wedding - after all he was not the best man now.  He felt that he should have been a part of the ceremony.

I left a revival on Thursday night, got a ticket in route to the wedding and had to be at another revival the Monday after the wedding. We spent our honeymoon running an outreach crusade.

Yeah - over all a judge, a license and 10 minutes would have been less stressful.

I've done security at weddings and wedding receptions. I've driven limos and provived bodyguard services for brides to be and their parties.  The stress, the agnst, the pressure to have the bigggest, best and fanciest wedding.   Not worth it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf (Orwell and Churchhill)

The Never Ending Battle

MsJennJenn

Ahh, now I see why you hate weddings...it's because your own wasn't bueno...(other than getting the girl).....
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Lynx

Well now, I don't know if that's the whole reason... T. Bubba Bectal did say that to a bubba, a wedding is just a funeral where you get to smell your own flowers.  Maybe Scott is just a big ole bubba at heart.  You can have intelligent bubbas, they don't have to be dumb to be bubbas.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Melody

I like weddings!  I just want stuff to be about love and the couple.  I would've liked the royal wedding if they were both moral upstanding people, showed real emotion, and it wasn't so over the top while their people are highly unemployed.  How much of it was commercialized into trinkets to buy?  I know they have no power, but do they also have no sympathy?  I don't know, it seems more people saw it based on their fantasies rather than what they were actually seeing. 

Maybe I'm silly for expecting anything of greater virtue from "royalty."

Perhaps, it's just simply that I was lucky enough to get a guy with the qualities of a prince and it's sad to see anyone settle or outright praise a character of anything less. ☺

Scott

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 02, 2011, 07:20:44 PM
Ahh, now I see why you hate weddings...it's because your own wasn't bueno...(other than getting the girl).....
Ours was fine, it was short - less than 30 minutes which I was happy about.

What I dislike is all the stress and emotions that it brings out in people.

By the way, all weddings have about 30 different problems.

I was in one wedding where two groomsmen showed up late
One wedding the groom was kidnapped and the kidnappers got lost
One wedding the groom kissed the bride and passed her down the line of groomsmen
One wedding the groom had the groomsmen leave notes in the brides underwear that had been packed in the suit case.

I could name a dozen more.

The Never Ending Battle

Scott

Quote from: Psalm_97 on May 02, 2011, 07:27:19 PM
Well now, I don't know if that's the whole reason... T. Bubba Bectal did say that to a bubba, a wedding is just a funeral where you get to smell your own flowers.  Maybe Scott is just a big ole bubba at heart.  You can have intelligent bubbas, they don't have to be dumb to be bubbas.

Me a bubba? Nope!  My family may be all hillbillies but we are not bubbas!

Weddings and Funerals are a lot a like. You are there because an old life has passed (via death or marriage) and the person(s) the thing is for is in the front of the church, someone sings, someone cries, a preacher speaks and the person you are making the fuss over leaves the church before you do.

I don't like funerals, birthday parties, open houses or receptions. (I've done security for many of them)

The food is usually terrible, someone almost always acts up, the police get called, someone hits someone else, there is almost always a rude person there who makes everyone's life miserable,  the punch is always too watery, the coffee terrible, the cake is white covered styrofoam, some idiot usually gets drunk and jams pretzels up his nose and claims to be a walrus, the In Laws argue, the bride cries, the groom kisses the maid of honor,  the brides ex boyfriend shows up and creates a scene, the priest gets drunk, the father of the bride passes out, the mothers bicker, the ring bearer throws up, the junior brides cries, grandpa has a heart attack, siblings argue,  some prankster rubs limburger cheese on the wrong car and someone breaks a table.

The Never Ending Battle

Lynx

Quote from: Scott on May 03, 2011, 04:52:37 AM
The food is usually terrible, someone almost always acts up, the police get called, someone hits someone else, there is almost always a rude person there who makes everyone's life miserable,  the punch is always too watery, the coffee terrible, the cake is white covered styrofoam, some idiot usually gets drunk and jams pretzels up his nose and claims to be a walrus, the In Laws argue, the bride cries, the groom kisses the maid of honor,  the brides ex boyfriend shows up and creates a scene, the priest gets drunk, the father of the bride passes out, the mothers bicker, the ring bearer throws up, the junior brides cries, grandpa has a heart attack, siblings argue,  some prankster rubs limburger cheese on the wrong car and someone breaks a table.
Wow.  I've run the sound booth, set up the church stage and worked in the kitchen for many a wedding (and funeral) and never seen any of the things in that list except (rarely) the really cheap cake.  Maybe I go to the wrong church.  Or maybe I go to the right one...
"Do you sing at church?"

Scott

Not saying they happened at our church.

I used to do security for those types of events - I've seen a lot of weird stuff.

The Never Ending Battle

RainbowJingles

:o

Gracious sakes!

Kinda makes ya just wanna go to the courthouse.  But I hear even THAT has its share of drama.

photogirl

I have been too busy studying to follow the royal wedding reports much but I do LOVE all the Hats the Ladies wore.....well some of them were ridiculous but I LOVE the hats!

RainbowJingles

Scott

A friend of mine nearly got arrested on the way to his honeymoon. When he went through security he wisecracked about a hidden machine gun.  *siiiigh*  We yelled at him and called him a moron, then told the cops that he was retarded and didn't know better.  He was allowed to go on the plane.

The Never Ending Battle