News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

Problems with Paypal

Started by Sis, January 30, 2009, 06:04:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sis

PayPal Provides you with a PayPal Account and not a Real Merchant Account. Your money is deposited into a PayPal account, which PayPal Controls, rather than your own bank account. If PayPal even wonders for a second about the validity of a transaction, they can Freeze Your PayPal Account Immediately and * Wash my mouth out with soap * all your money out. They can even pull your money directly out of your personal bank account, many times without even a phone call or e-mail. If you think PayPal treated you unfairly and want to dispute their decision, You Will Be At Their Mercy as PayPal plays the role of the Investigator, Judge, Jury and Executioner in all issues regarding your account. (You agreed to all of this, when you signed up.)

If you want to complain about anything, Paypal seems more than happy to give you the run around with Terrible Customer Service including extra long hold times, delays, and dead-end auto-responder e-mails like this one:

"Thank you for contacting PayPal. We apologize for the delay in responding to your service request.

After review, the decision has been made to keep your account locked. This decision cannot be appealed.

If you have any further questions, please reply to this email."

Press them a bit harder and you may convince them to do an investigation. However, don't count on PayPal considering your side of the story in the investigation. Just consider this an easy way to Blow You Off And Get You Off The Phone.

(I've found the same with Ebay. If you get ripped off, they just give you a run-around and they don't do anything)

PayPal Won't Do That To Me

Are You Sure? After all, there are thousands of detailed horror stories posted all over the web about people being Robbed, Abused, Unfairly Treated, Lied To And Scammed By Paypal. If you don't believe it, just type in (PayPal froze my account) into any major search engine. You'll discover thousands of businesses that were ruined by PayPal (And these are only the ones that decided to post their stories online.)

Sadly, everyone who gets burned by PayPal thought it couldn't happen to them, and then it did. We strongly suggest getting a Real Merchant Account (  http://www.free-merchant.com/ ) so this won't happen to you.

I Can't Find a Paypal Contact Number

Isn't it obvious that PayPal doesn't want you to find it? The number is buried in their website on purpose. However, It's easy to find right here: (402) 935-7733 or 877 672-9725

Unfortunately, Your Wait Time Can Exceed 20 Minutes. This will give you plenty of time to calm down and absorb the realization that you just lost control of your money and the credibility of your business.

Sis

We sold a hockey card on ebay. we have been selling items for years and have thosands of positive feedbacks at 99.9%. we were notified by paypal that a customer didn,t recieve her card and filed a complaint.

we looked up our invoice and the card was mailed. we looked up the item and accessed the buyers feedbacks and she is dropped from ebay with many negatives and additional complaints. we attempted to state our case live with paypal and no matter what we were at fault. we have cancelled our paypal credit cards and closed our conjtact with paypal as a result. what a crooked otutfit.
----------

Less than a year ago I tried to transfer 1000USD to my japanese bank account and for "reasons unknown" it didn't go thru a week later only approx. 900 USD was returned to my account. I inquired over and over again but they only replied to half my emails with some BS about the conversion rate of the day I converted the 1000USD to japanese yen then tried to transfer it to my bank account and the day the money was reconverted to USD was different. in less than a week the rate differed 100USD? I argued with them for weeks but it was all in vain.

now they're trying to do it again, less than a month ago I received a payment in USD converted it into JP yen and transfered it to my bank account but the buyer canceled the transaction so paypal took back the money leaving me with a negative balance of 100USD.

I told them I'm not falling for their conversion scam a second time, that if they don't return my balance to the amount it was before the last transaction (0$) that I'd change my bank account info and credit card number.
----------

We've dealt with PayPal without any problems for about 2yrs now. A couple of months ago we recieved an incoming payment of $4000.00 [$3,888.00 after PayPals charges.] I paid for one auction item [$452.00] out of the recieved payment to a seller in Hong Kong and proceeded to withdraw $2500.00 to our bank account.

A couple of days pass and we recieve an email of limited account access. PayPal had reversed the transfer and placed a hold on the funds, it wasnt even recredited to our PayPal account. We have no recieving limit on the account and our info on file was up to date so I didnt understand the hold or the "hold up" on this transaction.

PayPal was requesting the following; repeat the verification process, fax documentation of proof of ownership of the item for sale, verify location, telephone verification, tracking info, etc. I am not shipping anything that I've not recieved payment for, much less in holding by PayPal and not recredited to my limited access account!

A couple of days later I recieved an email from the seller in Hong Kong that PayPal reversed my payment to him and placed a hold on the payment. He's upset because he's already shipped the item for which he's being denied payment.

Back in the states, our $4000.00 buyer is getting worried not to mention skeptical of our credibility with the PayPal story. I suggested our buyer to file the buyer claim. Because of our limited account access and inability to refund, PayPal would recredit their account in the event of a sellers non-response to the claim. Our buyer filed the claim with PayPal as suggested and over the course of the next 10 days our payment to the seller in Hong Kong was not recredited to our account "though it was still being witheld from the seller by PayPal!" To add further to our dillema there is now an unauthorized purchase on our PayPal transaction page for 2 Dell laptop computers totalling $400.00+ "while our account access is limited?" Hows this?
----------

Customer would not sign for the package at the post office. complained it took so long when there was multiple notices left for him to pick item up. I told the customer I would refund all but shipping when I received the product back unopened. Paypal decided to refund him the full amount shipping and all. As soon as post office returned item.

Contacted paypal telling them I have not received the package back and it is not fair to refund the shipping back to the customer.

3 days later they respond stating you got your package back. and your not out any money.

My responce was No I have not got my package back yet. And yes no matter what I am out money. shipping is not free. Customer requested shipping a certain way and I shipped that way. There is time and money involved. and I am willing to refund him all but the exact shipping. few days later I received the package.

and all they had to say was im not out any money. since I received my package back.

Hello we need to find a more reliable company to accept money and send money thru then Paypal.
----------

Bought item on ebay, paid w/ pay pal and received box of debris instead. So did dozens of other buyers. Complained and fraudulent seller removed from ebay.

Asked for and received credit, less fee, and notice that i was off pay pal. Lots of emails back and forth with only standard form responses from pay pal.  Nobody at Pay Pal is listening!! After seemingly endless waiting on the phone to pay pal, i was told that pay pal does not like doing business with people like me. Should change their name to pay scam!!!
----------

I opened a paypal account last year and completed all the registration including adding a card and bank account. Brought a few things off ebay and it was fine.

The problems came when i sold something. Sold a laptop for £700 and got payed by ebay. fair enough. but then a few weeks later i logged into paypal and to my horror i had -£40! and a message saying ur account is limited due to wierd behaviour. i contacted them and they said i had to confirm the transactions by faxing a sales reciept of what i had sold aswell as some other things.

I could do the other things they asked and the person i sold the laptop to even confirmed it! but i couldn't fax a reciept cuz didn't have one and havn't got access to a fax machine. I did contact them loads of times but always got the same answer saying please fax us he information required.

Now a few months down the line paypal has locked my account and blacklisted my card and bank account on paypal. I also have a debt collection agency after me to pay paypal the £40.

Paypal took £740 off me! and the £700 was never returned to the person who brought the laptop. I have been cheated out of my money by a rotten company!