News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

GP Ain't dead yet.. Prove it in sharing 502

Started by taco_harvell, January 17, 2016, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heather

Class. Work study. Went to pick up my check from Keva. I'm glad to have a nice boring day after my crazy weekend.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Our pastor bought a thinkpad for the church!!!

Mind you, there is nothing wrong with this. For the task at hand, a T510 is what I would have recommended. And when I asked him what led him to get a thinkpad he said about what I would have given as the reason - "I knew it would be moved around a lot so I wanted something built like a tank."

But what puzzles me still is how he found out about them. He never did ask me what kind of computer he should get, and thinkpads are not what normal (non-nerd) people think of by default. Normal people get dells or hps or maybe acers. I'm accustomed to thinkpads being the province of nerds and businessmen employed by higher-end companies.

I knew our pastor was reasonably intelligent, but sometimes he still surprises me. But it's a good kind of surprise.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

At work study. Have 1 class today. Going after it to pay off Brandon's car!!!!!!  :clap:  :clap:  :clap:  Next on our list are my credit cards, then my car. I want us to get out of school and only have debt from school. That's the goal anyway.

taco_harvell

Doctor visit... Yipee. Never let a doctor give you more than one antibiotic in a 2 month period. Just trust me antibiotics can kill you, or make you wish you were dead.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

The Purple Fuzzy

My husband was on 3 really strong ones recently. Now he's on probiotics to get his tummy back to normal.

taco_harvell

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on February 24, 2016, 12:52:35 AMMy husband was on 3 really strong ones recently. Now he's on probiotics to get his tummy back to normal.
9 different ones in 2 1/2 months. I have an internal/external yeast infection because they wiped my good bacteria out. I knew external yeast infections hurt but when it's internal even in your throat it's way worse. On multiple probiotics now.

It's time doctors start to practice on others than me.

Roscoe

:hi: Soooo tired. And down. Still haven't gotten a call for the probation job. It's a bit depressing and annoying, as I know I fit all the qualifications and would at least like to have the chance to "sell" them on me. Trying to remember I want His will and not mine, but struggling with it, truthfully. I just keep repeating to myself- "Your will, not mine. Your will be done."
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on February 24, 2016, 12:48:16 PM:hi: Soooo tired. And down. Still haven't gotten a call for the probation job. It's a bit depressing and annoying, as I know I fit all the qualifications and would at least like to have the chance to "sell" them on me. Trying to remember I want His will and not mine, but struggling with it, truthfully. I just keep repeating to myself- "Your will, not mine. Your will be done."
Hush, you complain about filling out one wreck report every 5 years. What will it be when a something happens on the new job? You might get a paper cut or something. lol

MsJennJenn

You should always always take probiotics with antibiotics! You technically should take them daily anyway. I do!
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Heather

I started taking a daily probiotic about a month or so ago. Has helped my tummy a whole lot.

Roscoe

Well. About 9:30, I got the call I've been waiting on. Interview at noon on March 2nd. Progress....Lord, I hope it is His will, cause I sure want it..

The Purple Fuzzy

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on February 24, 2016, 06:21:01 PMWell. About 9:30, I got the call I've been waiting on. Interview at noon on March 2nd. Progress....Lord, I hope it is His will, cause I sure want it..
Now, Remember to keep praying HIS WILL be done.

Lynx

Quote from: HeatherB on February 24, 2016, 03:49:32 PMI started taking a daily probiotic about a month or so ago. Has helped my tummy a whole lot.
I just eat yogurt. And not that low- or nonfat junk. It's hard to find real yogurt made from whole milk but it's worth the search. Almost as good as ice cream.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

taco_harvell

I eat real yogurt and drink butter milk whenever they give me an antibiotic. I also take a 12 hour probiotic. They just nuked me with stronger and stronger antibiotics.

Lynx

Hey Bobby I just found something that reminded me of you. Well... reminded me of the running joke about how you can't stand people.

http://www.gocomics.com/pickles/2012/03/07

Especially that last line.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on February 25, 2016, 04:01:48 AMHey Bobby I just found something that reminded me of you. Well... reminded me of the running joke about how you can't stand people.

I like. :hi: Morning, all. Back at work. Got my new smoker in....gonna smoke some pork chops tonight to test it, then some baby back ribs tomorrow...:fork:

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: Lynx on February 25, 2016, 04:01:48 AMHey Bobby I just found something that reminded me of you. Well... reminded me of the running joke about how you can't stand people.

love it!

MelodyB

I love caller ID. I almost always answer the phone if it's from people I know. But if not...if it's an unknown number or an 800 number, it goes to voicemail. If it's important, they will leave a message.

The other day I got a call from an 800 number though, and when I listened to the message it was my bank. Someone had charged $181.00 to my account in the United Kingdom and my bank flagged it as unusual activity.

I called back and got it taken care of right away, and had to go down and get a new debit card issued. They denied the charge and reported it as a fraud. Thank God for a smart bank! I didn't have an extra $181 to waste on someone I didn't know!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Heather

I'm currently chugging white chocolate mochas and camping out in the school library. As if I didn't have enough to do already, my history teacher decided she's no longer going to give us time during class to take notes from her powerpoints [which the tests come directly from]. So I had to take notes from 3 powerpoints on top of everything else I have due. All my teachers are trying to get as much done before spring break. They are killing me. Or at least my back from these terrible seats in the library.

Keva sent out the schedule for next week and I'm down to 2 days but 1 of them was Sunday the 6th. #1. I said no more sundays. #2 I specifically asked for that one off to go visit my home church for their anniversary service. #3 It would have been my 3rd sunday in a row!!! And my other day was Wednesday which means I probably wouldn't have made church that night either. I sent a text to the boss as soon as I saw it and within 2 hours it had been fixed. Sheesh.

Lynx

Do they allow you to "take notes" by using your phone to take a picture of their powerpoint slides? :D
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

Social Stats test done. I feel B-ish about it. I honestly only had the chance to read over my notes twice. Got my history test from last week back and got a 90 on it. 3 questions I missed were trick questions that everyone missed. That teacher is really starting to grate me. The last 3 classes have been 'here is why believing the holy bible is ridiculous'. I'm tempting to ask if she is going to take the time to rip into other religions as we go throughout ancient civilizations......

Roscoe

:hi:
Running in on my day off....fixing to smoke up some ribs in a couple hours....:fork:

taco_harvell

Had a pastor call and misrepresent himself to my pastor so my pastor gave him my number because it was tech related. He called my house after 10 pm, and again at 6:58 am which I answered. He got an attitude because I didn't answer the night before. I spent 5 hours working to help him dealing with his attitude the whole time. I did this because my pastor sent me a text saying he was a pastor and to help him out. I later discovered he lied to my pastor and me. I don't like attitude when I'm helping you, and really don't like liars.

Rant over...