News:

What happens if you get scared half to death twice? -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Taco can't rhyme, he outta time, join us in Sharing 507

Started by Roscoe, August 04, 2017, 10:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

:hi: Gonna be a busy day. Probably won't have much time to drop by here, so good morning. It's still cold. My feelings on it have not changed.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Roscoe on January 01, 2018, 09:37:04 PMGuys, I've said it before. I.DON'T. LIKE. COLD!!!

I support this. I loathe it. I want to punch babies and puppies when it's cold.
It's so DREARY AGAIN today...

Yesterday the sun was out in FULL FORCE. It was so revitalizing.....but today?
Back to punching babies and puppies....

Also have like 2 papers due today cus I didn't do them over the break....:roll:

* MsJennJenn grumble grumble
Had a New Year's Eve party. Last guests left at 3:30am. It was almost 5 by time I got to sleep.
I slept off and on all day yesterday, also ignoring aforementioned homework. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

It's been below freezing all day. As expected I had 5 days of work due today. Got the majority done, then realized about a quarter to 5 that I had worked well past quitting time. I decided that the work will be there tomorrow.
It's so cold here, we cancelled prayer meeting and will probably cancel church tomorrow night. Our old heating system just can't keep up.

And I am currently fighting guilt and resentment. Resentment, because my friends, complete with 4 loud kids, are coming over to stay the night on a night that I am whipped and got about 2 hours sleep last night.
Guilty, because I feel that way, when they are in a situation to need to come stay the night- due to this blasted weather and their travel trailer, which the manufactures of apparently thought would be pulled mainly in Florida.

Obviously I am a terrible sinner. 
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Urgh. Morning. Back at work. Got my under desk illegal heater blasting to the point the underside of my desk is hot to touch.....

mini

Good morning ladies and gents...

...and Roscoe.

It was a pleasant 11 degrees on my drive to work today.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

mini

Sure there is.  And it would be much more pleasant if we had about 2 feet of snow.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

It was 18* here this morning. The water for the chickens was frozen.

Nelle

I'm sitting pretty this week. I worked my tail off in overtime this past weekend and week to try to get most of my 'pressing' work done at my real job so that I could come with my husband to St Louis (Hazelwood actually), for his USPS academy this week. We arrived last night and we will be here thru Sunday. I've brought along the church books to work on since those are also due at the end of the month. Trying to help myself out towards the end of the month with a few less things on my plate at once!

BUT - It's SO cold. I'm so thankful I'm going to stay in the hotel all week except for when he gets back from training and we go grab supper. We're like kids when we get to stay at a hotel. It is now the high of 23 degrees outside, expected to get to 1 degree. ugh. I had two coats and a scarf on last night when we were unloading our stuff into the hotel, and I was FREEZING. They do have snow on the ground still from whenever it snowed last. I like that white stuff.. I know that's not popular opinion on here LOL.

I just used a pocket knife to cut a block of colby jack cheese to eat with the grapes I just washed in a bowl in the sink. I forgot to bring forks, so I'll have my microwaved Hormel roast & sour cream & chive mashed potatoes for lunch tomorrow after I buy a fork at the store tonight, hahaha. Sleeping in, snacking, pajamas to work in a toasty room. Thanks USPS for my mini vacation! haha..

MsJennJenn

In the 20's here this morning. Weather app says 60's by Sunday. GLORAY.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

sunlight

Quote from: Roscoe on January 03, 2018, 12:05:10 AMIt's been below freezing all day. As expected I had 5 days of work due today. Got the majority done, then realized about a quarter to 5 that I had worked well past quitting time. I decided that the work will be there tomorrow.
It's so cold here, we cancelled prayer meeting and will probably cancel church tomorrow night. Our old heating system just can't keep up.

And I am currently fighting guilt and resentment. Resentment, because my friends, complete with 4 loud kids, are coming over to stay the night on a night that I am whipped and got about 2 hours sleep last night.
Guilty, because I feel that way, when they are in a situation to need to come stay the night- due to this blasted weather and their travel trailer, which the manufactures of apparently thought would be pulled mainly in Florida.

Did you survive?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

Roscoe

Quote from: sunlight on January 03, 2018, 06:08:22 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on January 03, 2018, 12:05:10 AMIt's been below freezing all day. As expected I had 5 days of work due today. Got the majority done, then realized about a quarter to 5 that I had worked well past quitting time. I decided that the work will be there tomorrow.

Did you survive?
:lol: Of course I did. But I am reminded how thankful I am we stopped with one child. They have four- two of which are under the age of 2, and cry frequently.  And they are still here- Lou and Sis Lawrence went shopping today and haven't made it back yet, leaving Bro Lawrence with the kids. I just got in about an hour ago...

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

mini

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on January 04, 2018, 03:07:26 PMI think Roscoe needs 2 more.
I think you need beaten for even thinking such a vile thing.

Roscoe