News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

By special request of Lord Elvin, it's sharing 511

Started by Lynx, October 23, 2018, 02:01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunlight

Lol! I sure did and we never even knew it!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Roscoe

Wowser. Never know what you'll find out. And speaking for myself, I really enjoyed seeing Chel, Robbie and MY mini me. After all, he's cute, cuddly, fat, bald, personable, and occasionally cranky, and loved by all the ladies. Obviously takes after his uncle. :hypocrite:
Still haven't heard a bit about the promotion. Spent all day doing home visits, then came home before Lou drug me out to drop Chey off at youth night at church. We left and went to a local auction. I didn't find any treasures to drag home-EXCEPT- the snack concession at the auction was being manned by a tiny white haired lady from 80 to 90 years old.
I kept seeing big pieces of pie wander by me in the hands of other auction goers. I resisted- until a car buddy recognized me, came over to talk to me, all the while holding the biggest piece of chocolate pie I had ever seen. I gave up and went to investigate. The ancient little lady smiled sweetly, told me she baked them herself from scratch including the amazingly buttery, flakey crust and 3 foot tall meringue.  $3 a slice. Dear. Lord. If ya'll need me on Friday nights, I'll be at the auction, as long as she is there. She had coconut cream and Lemon Meringue too, but I didn't get any further than the chocolate tonight. Next week, I shall try another flavor....:fork:
 Now I'm in the depths of despair, because I just finished balancing my checkbook. I really hope I don't drop it- it'll take me a week to catch the rubber thing. :lol:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Well. Y'all got quiet. Been a real nice day here.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

The day is actually TOO pretty. I just heard the flutter of a red wasp's wings. Now my heart is doing the fluttering as I wait for another sound so I can track that menace to all life down and kill it.

Snow Wednesday and now a red wasp. Fall can be bipolar.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

:hi: At work. Coincidentally- or not- today is not nearly as pretty.  Half dreading, half anticipating the weekend. The dread part comes in because we are having company Wednesday night. We are having a early Thanksgiving meal because Lou has to work Thursday afternoon and our friends who are still currently staying in a 5th wheel travel trailer has to work that morning. So we are going to eat Wednesday night since we are not having church. The down side is, I have to work that day, as does Lou, so I'm making the dressing tonight, and generally doing all of the prep work tonight and tomorrow night. Then when I get off, I'll pop the ham in the oven and the corn in the smoker, as well as get the dump cake and any pies ready to go.
Next year- no company. LOL

mini

How many days do I need to take off before I start to relax?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on November 19, 2018, 03:57:37 PMHow many days do I need to take off before I start to relax?

No one knows. We've never taken off enough days to figure it out.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Plans have changed and I am going to Arkansas to see my parents for Thanksgiving by myself. I'm going to miss the husband, BUT I'm glad he won't be completely exhausted from all the driving when he gets back to work on Friday morning to deliver all that crazy mail. They're expecting to work pretty late on Wednesday before Thanksgiving as well. So at least he'll be less tired I hope and he has family up here so he's going to be surrounded by family anyway.

I was able to get the new vehicle on Saturday. Big purchases make me sick and worry, BUT.. we'll figure it all out over time hahaha. It's a 2019 Subaru Ascent in Crimson Red Pearl color. She's a beauty, and we are very happy about the safety on this vehicle. Good so far, haha.

Heather

We love Subaru's around our house!

I had all weekend off and pretty much spent it worrying myself sick holed up in my house. Good grief. I annoy myself most of the time.

Currently in middle of a 12 hour shift because the big boss forgot to schedule a 3rd person for our department today. Midweek service tonight instead of prayer since Thursday is our usual evening.

And yea, Robbie and I compared timelines and we lived across the street from each other for about a year when I was just 4 years old. It's so weird how everyone is connected somehow.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Except me. I ain't connected to nobody. I just hang around because y'all haven't chased me away.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Shew. Work. It, um, inhaleth mightily and extensively. But , I just got notice that they have my computer fixed. And I have only had to take two people to jail so far today.  And the sun IS shining here as well.

MsJennJenn

Suns been shining here all week thus far. Praise the LORTT!

I'm gonna 'work' a few hours Thursday so I can get holiday OT.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Well. The promotion went to a friend of mine. I was disappointed, although I knew it was the likely result. I was moping around about it, when God spoke to me, and said "You asked My will- now stop sulling up when My will and yours don't mesh."  Yes sir.
  I couldn't sleep last night anyhow, so I wound up in the office at 6 am. Got a ton done though. Ready for the weekend....boss emailed and said we can bail at 3pm...I'm glad, I've gotta rush home and get dinner cooking for everyone.

The Purple Fuzzy

taco_harvell

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

My favorite Holiday! My only wishes are that I could be with my dad and that my momma and grandma were here so we could have the Thanksgiving like we used to... Every year I miss my mom and grandparents more every year. Whoever said ''time heals all wounds'' must have been talking about papercuts.

:hi:  :waving:  :hi:

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

Roscoe

Update, now that I have a minute while all of my oven is full.
 So, the boss emails me and says she is bringing  my computer back.
She shows up today and has me come outside.  She took my 10 year old 100k plus work truck away from me.
 And gave me a 3k mile 2019 ford explorer  to drive.
Then just she and I talked about the promotion.  I told her that I was happy for my friend  and I didn't want her to misconstrue what I was asking....then i asked her to critique  my interview  and tell me what I could improve  for the next time this opportunity  arose.
She teared up. She told me my interview  was amazing  and had blown her away. I beat out 7 college degrees folks with more time. The final choice was between  me and my friend.
She is not religious,  but said she cried and prayed  over it. She said she finally picked my friend because he worked in a different office  and wouldn't have the issues of supervising people that he had worked with for years. She
told me there was nothing I could've improved  and she hoped that the new work vehicle would prove to me how valuable  she and the other supervisors  felt I was to the agency.  She told me that the next time a position comes open I should definitely apply.
It made my day. See, I know for a fact 3 of the people I competed against  had tons more time. One was my training officer when I hired in. To beat her out was truthfully very satisfying, although I would not tell her that.

Backseat Radio

Lynx

"Misadventures, I've had a few / But then again, too few to mention"

But I'll mention this week's misadventure anyway.

This week I am visiting my mother in East Tennessee. I was supposed to get off w*rk Tuesday, get a good night's sleep and start driving Wednesday morning.

BUT...

I started thinking, why waste the time Tuesday between the end of w*rk and bedtime? I could start driving Tuesday night, take a nap in the Wal-Mart parking lot (which IS legal btw) in Knoxville and be at McKay's used bookstore as soon as they open in the morning, then continue on to Mom's.

Two things I neglected to take into account. 1 - there is no comfortable place to sleep in a minivan. 2 - it got really cold Tuesday night, so I had to keep turning the vehicle on to warm up the place a bit. Didn't get a bit of sleep. I was running all day yesterday on (intentional) hyperventilation and caffeine.

I stopped by Shoney's for breakfast Wednesday and found the second cause of dismay. The peaches on Shoney's breakfast bar are no longer fresh-frozen! They are bland, bleh, canned peaches. This was a serious gastronomic blow because I have always looked forward to the peaches that taste like real peaches.

So I got to Mom's. As I neared the end of a LONG day... my half brother mentions he has to deliver Thursday newspapers at 10pm Wednesday night. AND they are really heavy because Black Friday advertisements. AND the big pack of ads has to be put into every paper. So late at night, needing sleep badly, freezing cold, I'm driving around putting papers together and rubber banding them while bro runs them to houses.

So yeah, last night I slept very well.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on November 22, 2018, 02:04:13 PM"Misadventures, I've had a few / But then again, too few to mention"

But I'll mention this week's misadventure anyway.

This week I am visiting my mother in East Tennessee. I was supposed to get off w*rk Tuesday, get a good night's sleep and start driving Wednesday morning.

BUT...

I started thinking, why waste the time Tuesday between the end of w*rk and bedtime? I could start driving Tuesday night, take a nap in the Wal-Mart parking lot (which IS legal btw) in Knoxville and be at McKay's used bookstore as soon as they open in the morning, then continue on to Mom's.

Two things I neglected to take into account. 1 - there is no comfortable place to sleep in a minivan. 2 - it got really cold Tuesday night, so I had to keep turning the vehicle on to warm up the place a bit. Didn't get a bit of sleep. I was running all day yesterday on (intentional) hyperventilation and caffeine.

I stopped by Shoney's for breakfast Wednesday and found the second cause of dismay. The peaches on Shoney's breakfast bar are no longer fresh-frozen! They are bland, bleh, canned peaches. This was a serious gastronomic blow because I have always looked forward to the peaches that taste like real peaches.

So I got to Mom's. As I neared the end of a LONG day... my half brother mentions he has to deliver Thursday newspapers at 10pm Wednesday night. AND they are really heavy because Black Friday advertisements. AND the big pack of ads has to be put into every paper. So late at night, needing sleep badly, freezing cold, I'm driving around putting papers together and rubber banding them while bro runs them to houses.

So yeah, last night I slept very well.
Dude. You left out the most important part. Did ya find anything at the bookstore?!?

Lynx

Only about 56 CDs. Haven't listened to them yet to see if I even like any of them. But some are from singers I already have albums from in my collection, so I'm fairly certain I'll like at least a few of the latest haul.

No southern gospel though. You can relax.
"Do you sing at church?"

Heather

I didn't have to throttle my uncle at dinner. We have all [so far] survived the holiday.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

Cold and rainy here today. Kinda knocked my plans to decorate for Christmas in the head. Chey and I took Lou to dinner, and cruised a couple of fleĆ  markets. Plan to go to our auction tonight. Chocolate pie, here I come. :fork:
Really lazy though. I should be up doing things, like cleaning out the shop. Its just to cold and dreary.

The Purple Fuzzy

It's been nice here. Was rainy earlier but then turned sunny & almost 70*. Pretty day.