News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Sunlight- True. That'll be a lesson down the road.... I think we've negotiated a deal. Instead of the $200 I want it now, we are going to split the cost of a $138 Walmart.com to be shipped. She has to wait a bit, doesn't empty her account, and learns some patience.

And in sharing- I picked up a new head for Rusty, and made a new friend when I talked with the machine shop owner who drove a beautiful, like new '59 Chevy truck to work. And then I came home and sold a ham radio that I had not planned to sell, to a man I had never met, all because of God.  Why? Because said man, who is a recent ham, posted earlier in the week on a statewide ham site wanting to buy a radio. I had no intention to sell, but for some reason posted that I would. He came over today. He was raised Apostolic, has been out of church for a while, and we had a nice long talk. Totally a God issue- and he's now squarely on my prayer list even if he doesn't know it. It could not be a coincidence that of all the hams on that site, he would connect with one that was Apostolic.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

Went to the pink sand beach today on Harbour Island - making it my 6th Bahamian Island I've now visited!

Having a blast! I love the ocean! (I put a picture but I dunno if it's working. Lol

776_ED966_E9_D4_48_E2_AACD_9_C201058_FD0_F" border="0
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 06, 2018, 01:15:56 AMWent to the pink sand beach today on Harbour Island - making it my 6th Bahamian Island I've now visited!

Having a blast! I love the ocean! (I put a picture but I dunno if it's working. Lol

Evil. I'm envious....
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

The Purple Fuzzy

Quote from: MsJennJenn on May 06, 2018, 01:15:56 AMWent to the pink sand beach today on Harbour Island - making it my 6th Bahamian Island I've now visited!

776_ED966_E9_D4_48_E2_AACD_9_C201058_FD0_F" border="0
Nice! I can see the photo, looks like fun.

Lynx

JenN is that a picture of you? If so, it doesn't look anything like the person in your avatar. I think it looks better than your avatar, more real.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Yes it's me lol why would I post a picture of someone else.

And the avatar is a selfie. It's staged lol.
And like a year old. Different times. Different emotions. You know how we women do.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

:hi: Gonna be a loooong day. I woke up sickly at 230 this morning. Haven't been able to go back to sleep, and now it's time to get ready for work. In normal situations I'd call in sick, but with Lou's surgery coming up, I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth so to speak, since I'm being allowed to take a week off to help her out..

Nelle

I slept very well for not going to bed early enough. Very busy day yesterday at Sunday School! We've been working/pushing hard for our Sunday School to grow. It's been painful in some ways, but hopefully things will get a little smoother as far as administratively soon. We had 24 kiddos yesterday! Only 6 of those were "church kids" and we only had 3 bus kids before! That's 15 new kids and they've been coming for a couple of weeks now. Retainage is our goal! We still have a few outliers who haven't become 'regular' yet, but we are still working on the relationship with them.

I was talking to my husband last night that we really need to work on keeping these kids involved and coming, and not as much focus at this moment on more outreach, because to be honest - I'm not sure us 4 teachers could handle more than 24 kids right now in the space we have. We are stretched thin already with work schedules and life, so I'm praying that we can all step up and really help out. Also praying that we can get some of our other church members to answer the call of help as well. Our church is a very small church. We had more kids yesterday than we have adult members, and those adult members with the exception of 6 of us are all over the age of 60, most of them being over 80. They've worked hard for God those years, but we really still need their help. If we can bring these kids into the church, often their families will come as well even if not every Sunday, they will come for events. They can still be won!

Lynx

Nelle: My first thought was, "If all those kids become official church members they could out-vote the adults on church matters!" :D

As a long-time bus driver I've seen a lot of kids come and go. Usually they go when their families move away. We seem to have a lot of families making a LOT of moves to different areas these days. I sometimes wonder why they keep moving so much. These days it's like the whole world is looking for the greener grass.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

The Purple Fuzzy

Roscoe

Not me. There's VERY few reasons I can think of that would cause me to move. Perhaps coming into a TON of money might entice me to move. Not far though- maybe buy half of Petit Jean Mountain and move there. Or I might get wild and move to the Mountain View area, about an hour and a half away, if I can ever find and buy that elusive little patch of ground miles from everyone with a creek trickling through it.
 Otherwise, I told Lou when we bought our house 14 years ago- "the next time I move, I won't need a truck. The coroner's van will be sufficient." LOL
Today's kinda blah. Ready to go home. Last night,I followed Rusty over to Cody's where he is being gone through and repaired. Cody indicated he might start on the job tonight, so I might tool over after work...can't wait to get my beloved antique back in shape and good to go.

MsJennJenn

Back in the states. Florida right now flight starts boarding at 2:35. Z z z z
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Nelle

I'm a little sleepy today. We've been sleeping SO well because it's been so cool in the room while sleeping. Makes me NOT want to get up in the morning for sure! haha..

I hate that your vacation is over already MJJ. Hope you had a blast!!

We are SOOO ready for Memorial Day Weekend so that we can spend a couple of days in Arkansas with my family in our safe place, haha. My parents' house is absolutely one of the places I feel the very safest. I'm thankful for parents who made their home feel that way for me. :) Life isn't always easy, we all made mistakes, but their love is a blessing!

I almost froze my Dr Pepper bottle completely solid, hahaha. I had a minor DP volcano after I opened it and it started thawing haha.

Roscoe

:hi: Just got home. Rusty is torn down and nearly ready to start going back together. And the Corvette's air is now fully charged and freezing cold. Tomorrow is CPR training..

mini

This morning. It's dead quiet. I'm in level 99 sleep mode.

Suddenly the dog (German Shepherd) goes into "full bananas, there's a deadly intruder, I must destroy with maximum destruction" mode.

Slobbering, foaming, barking.

I, being dead asleep, wake up in in a full panic/heart attack, am out of bed, in the gun cabinet, and have everything I own and a pellet gun for good measure all out in a little over a nanosecond.

There is nothing.  Dog is still going nuts.  I glance down at my phone. The alarm is going off.

Whoever the joker is that put the dog whistle as my alarm tone is in serious trouble.

(events may have only been imagined but it was to funny not to share)
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

Thank you mini, that's another good prank idea to stash away for later. :cool:

Nerds can do some cruel pranks. Try this sometime: Take a screenshot of your friend's laptop (or phone) desktop screen, then hide all the icons and put the snapshot as the new wallpaper. Your (former) friend will still be able to see icons for the programs he is trying to use, but when he clicks or taps on them they won't work.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Completed training today. Got nearly home when EVERY light on the corvette's dashboard lit up. Limped it home to find that what appears to be the battery cable, running under the transmission, had slipped out of its holder and drug across the asphalt for mile, until it was nearly completely separated. If it ain't one thing it's another. If I ever get stuff paid off, I'm going to go buy me a plain, boring, 4x4 pickup, nearly new, and keep it stone stock. There's gotta be a better hobby than working on stuff all the time.

Lynx

Well... the people I know who have hobbies, usually their hobbies involve a lot of work. Thing is, the work their hobbies require is usually work they enjoy doing.

If you don't like the work required for your car hobby, the stock 4x4 sounds like a good plan. Then you have more time and money to put into the shortwave hobby.
"Do you sing at church?"

Lynx

So today I learned two things.

1. If you make sourdough bread and you're going to make 12 times what the recipe calls for, either you need a larger workspace than a kitchen counter or you are really dumb. I don't have a larger workspace, so guess what that makes me! It was a battle to remember, trying to keep that stuff on the counter and catch tentacles as they oozed over the side and toward the floor. I caught everything and stuffed it all with flour to keep it from sliding down again, but I had to move fast there for a bit.

2. Even a guy with 32 loaf pans can run out of loaf pans if he is dumb enough to make 12 times what the recipe should have been.
"Do you sing at church?"

taco_harvell

I have had to stop looking in the car ads here. We need a new one and are praying GOD makes away, but these folks round here keep posting things that cause me to covet... An original matching numbers Stingray, a 47 Chevy, a 52 Chevy, a 59 Chevy BelAir, and a 57 Nomad all in one day.

Looks like I'm joining the gluten-free club.

My brother is having a heart cath today and my dad is going into the hospital tomorrow 3 hours from the hospital my brother is in and I've got no way to get down there.

Life is crazy as usual.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Quote from: Roscoe on May 09, 2018, 10:52:15 PM:hi: Completed training today. Got nearly home when EVERY light on the corvette's dashboard lit up. Limped it home to find that what appears to be the battery cable, running under the transmission, had slipped out of its holder and drug across the asphalt for mile, until it was nearly completely separated. If it ain't one thing it's another. If I ever get stuff paid off, I'm going to go buy me a plain, boring, 4x4 pickup, nearly new, and keep it stone stock. There's gotta be a better hobby than working on stuff all the time.

I'll be glad to lighten your load and come get that stude. ;)

Nelle

I'm as tired today as I was the week of the time change. I had SUCH a hard time waking up to get out of bed today. I think I need to change my bedtime to a little earlier. haha.

Roscoe

:hi: Taco, you bonehead. I'll try to call you sometime today.
 Morning, all. Back at work.  Bro Wilson cracked me up last night with a Mini-style quip. Someone had asked him how many people he was running (church size). His answer was something like " Running around 1,000, but I've only caught about 60". It struck me as funny and something Germ woulda said.
Hoping today is drama free. I've only got about five people scheduled which means 20 will show up. And Lou's off today. She's making a big pot of spaghetti and invited the Lawrence family over.

MsJennJenn

Back to work today. :sadbounce:

Did not sleep well AT ALL. It was around or after 2am when I think I finally crashed. Then I tossed and turned and kept waking up alllll night. Bleh.
-Alexander Den Heijer-

taco_harvell

Praise GOD! There is power in prayer! My brother's main artery had a 95% blockage. The doctor called it the widow maker. They were able to clean it and put in a stent instead of having to do bypass surgery. Now pray he changes his eating habits so we don't go through this again!