News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

Now's the Time for Sharing 509

Started by The Purple Fuzzy, April 02, 2018, 09:52:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

I've been cooking chili all morning for Chel's baby shower. It takes a while to brown 20 lbs of meat. She wanted Frito pies. Tomorrow I make cakes.

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 26, 2018, 07:08:19 PMNo one is alive today?!  :nono:

5 days until the Caribbean will be in view.  :clap:
Range day and now dealing with more work c.rap.
Totally ready to go home.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

MsJennJenn

So done with working. Today and 2 more days and I'm off for eight glorious days. Seven of which will be spent on an island....surrounded by gorgeous clear but also turquoise waters.

Hurry up May 2. :demand:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

SippinTea

Bella turned 5 yesterday. How did that happen so fast?

Oh, and Roscoe, the whole enabling thing... I am so so so irritated at the family members who continue to enable our oldest son. I'm super irritated at our son, but I'm MORE irritated at the people who are keeping the stupidity going.

Cloudy overcast day here. For which I am grateful. The heat the last two days was starting to get to me, and Chris hasn't had a chance to put the window A/C unit in yet.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Roscoe

:hi:
Enjoyed today. Favorite Uncle came down and we ran around pretty much all day, then came home to a delicious dinner. It was nice to be off.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Where be everyone? Y'all are getting way too quiet..

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm one tired puppy but Chel's shower is done. It was really nice. I cooked up 20 pounds of meat for chili for Frito pies and made a huge pineapple upside down cake and we had more stuff... But I'm glad it's done. ;)

Roscoe

Awesome. Wish we could've made it...

Heather

Never fear GP-ers, I have returned!!

Speaking of wayward family members, my sister-in-law got arrested for not appearing, made bail thanks to her husband, was picked up by her boyfriend and moved 2 counties over because 'selling dope is the best job ever' [her words, not mine].

Mom and I had a nice mini-vacation early last week. I got to meet Fiona the baby hippo at the Cincy Zoo. I'm pretty sure she is my spirit animal. Also I got to pet a shark and a few stingrays at the aquarium.

Brandon has decided to take a break from grad school. He finishes up his 2nd semester in a couple days and he is honestly not sure if he will go back to finish the last 2. For what he wants to do, we will have to move from the area. I could barely keep him in a town 30 minutes from here when we first got married. I think he is good with his decision though. I think he has a bit of internal struggle to deal with as far as his heart tells him there is a God but his head is full of terrible things done in history in the name of God. He's really interested in going to and getting to know people at church though so I'm taking is all as good.

I still haven't gotten my promotion or full time status at work yet. It's just a matter of time though.

Now, to get ready and head to church and 5th sunday supper. Tootles!
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

The Purple Fuzzy

Hey, Heather. :waves: glad all is well.

Quote from: Roscoe on April 29, 2018, 05:07:48 AMAwesome. Wish we could've made it...

Me, too.

sunlight

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on April 29, 2018, 07:48:53 PMHey, Heather. :waves: glad all is well.

Quote from: Roscoe on April 29, 2018, 05:07:48 AMAwesome. Wish we could've made it...

Me, too.
Me three but I understand. I had leftover chili today and it was awesome!
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

MelodyB

I got a new phone and I love it!

I had to reset my GP password to get in though, I haven't had to log in in so long I forgot what pass word I used. It's all good now though.
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

Roscoe

:hi:
It was beautiful here today, and I did nothing constructive. Figured I'd worked hard enough yesterday that I didn't need to today. I was right. Tomorrow- a fresh new hades. LOL. I've a ton of work to do..

Heather

Quote from: MelodyB on April 29, 2018, 10:21:47 PMI got a new phone and I love it!

I had to reset my GP password to get in though, I haven't had to log in in so long I forgot what pass word I used. It's all good now though.

Same number?
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Lynx

Caution! Incoming mental maundering! Caution! Incoming mental maundering!

CHILDHOOD

I was reading a science fiction book one time, a book about a group of "Starwolves" who had been artificially created by aliens to protect humans in a war that had lasted thousands of years. As the war was coming to an end, one of the aliens remarked to one of the Starwolves that this time had been the childhood of their species, while they were developing their own culture, but with the war coming to an end they were ready to stand on their own as a mature species.

It was many years ago I read that book, but recently that word "childhood" has been sticking in my mind. What if this life, with all the work we have to do to survive, all the things we endure, all the stuff we accumulate and friends we lose to death - what if this is our childhood?

As children we had everything, but we didn't really appreciate it because having all our needs supplied was all we knew. Then we grew up and found out life is not all like that, or at least this life isn't. Frequently you hear people say they wish they could be kids again, because once you experience life as an adult you realize what you had as a kid that you didn't really realize WHEN you were a kid.

Also when a kid grows up, sometimes he has to make his own mistakes. You can explain it to him, you can tell him your own experiences or what you have seen other people go through, but sometimes he doesn't really understand it because he hasn't seen it himself. You know it is going to hurt the kid, and it hurts you watching him make the mistakes because you know exactly what is coming, but you still have to let some people make some mistakes themselves.

In Eden Adam and Eve had everything. But they didn't know what they had because they didn't know anything else. They had nothing they could compare Eden to, so they didn't really have a way to realize what they would lose with sin. If God had explained it they would not have understood, because there was no way they could fit the concepts in their frame of reference. It would have been like trying to explain the color yellow to a blind man. And when they sinned, when they realized exactly what they had lost, there was no way to go back. God could have wiped out the world and started over, but that would have meant destroying Adam and Eve too, because they now had sin and sin cannot exist in a perfect world.

Perhaps that is what God intended all along. It seems a bit harsh, but when you think about a kid making all those mistakes that he won't listen to your advice about, maybe it is the only way. Maybe we have to live through this life before we can appreciate the life to come. Sure God takes care of us in this life, but maybe we still have to live through this life, work hard to survive, experience loss and sorrow, before we will be able to fully realize what we have in Heaven. Maybe this is part of our growing up.

Adam and Eve's choice in Eden seems really stupid to us because we know what they had and what they lost, but nobody could have explained to them the consequences of their choice before they made it because they had no way to imagine life without all they enjoyed. It was literally all they knew. But in Heaven every single person will be very aware of what they would lose in sin. I know when I get there I sure won't be doing anything to mess it up.

"If I ever really do grow up
Well I want to grow up to be just like You
Someday
Someday"
~ Rich Mullins
"Boy Like Me, Man Like You"
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

MsJennJenn

Not gonna lie I skimmed that to get the gist, but still dunno what the gist of it was so...oh well.  :updown:

Tryna focus on work. Less than 48 hours until I leave for vacationnnnnnnnn.

Have laundry to do, dishes to put away, suitcase to pack, and 4 homework assignments to all complete before I leave Wednesday morning.  :noo:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

I read it and get it. Could be, Isaac...could be.

And in sharing- I have finally gotten caught up enough to  get a breath of air. Two parolees served and sent to prison, one more with paperwork filed to get him another court date before a judge to send him to prison, and just two waiting in the wings when I get the police reports to complete my report with.
There's a reason I'm going bald, and I don't think it's all hereditary.. :pound:

mini

My head hurts.

Mainly cause I am bald, and got a sunburn on the top of my noggin.

:ugly:
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

The Purple Fuzzy

Sitting at doctors office waiting on my mom to have a test done.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: mini on April 30, 2018, 06:42:45 PMMy head hurts.

Mainly cause I am bald, and got a sunburn on the top of my noggin.

:ugly:

Shoulda worn a hat.

I'm soon to be sun burnt and happy. By weeks end. And I'm not really gonna care that I'm sun burnt...cus I'll be camped out in my little house in the Caribbean.

Also when you've had 2nd degree burns on both arms from the sun a regular sun burn just doesn't hurt near as much. :roll:
And yes I learned my lesson. :nono:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Lynx

Sunburn... Whenever I get a sunburn I get really tired and sleep a lot. It's almost like I have a cold, but without the sinus crud and coughing.

Ironically the user named "sunlight" could probably say why this is. =^.^=  All I know is sunburns tire me out.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

mini

So I have a problem.

As I said previously, Saturday I sun burned my bald head.

Today it's peeling.

So what do you do if you are bald and have dandruff?
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

sunlight

Use lotion. It can't mess your hair up... lol.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

Im all about the Mr Clean look...lol

Roscoe

Quote from: mini on May 01, 2018, 12:32:47 PMSo I have a problem.

As I said previously, Saturday I sun burned my bald head.

Today it's peeling.

So what do you do if you are bald and have dandruff?
Like any other self respecting redneck would've done in the first place- wear a cap. It woulda prevented that whole issue. I recommend a Razorback hat that I know you have.......
Morning all. I really hope the guy I have scheduled at 3pm doesn't come in. He's an idiot trying to transfer and if he doesn't report in I can deny him. He's trouble....