News:

The staff of Godplace.com welcomes you to our little house of fun. If you have a spiritual need, feel free to  contact any staff member.

Main Menu

GP Ain't dead yet.. Prove it in sharing 502

Started by taco_harvell, January 17, 2016, 06:36:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynx

My Lynx-sense tells me Rusty is going for a stroll tomorrow.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

She hasn't gotten to cinnamon rolls yet. She's too busy trying to keep up with the cupcakes flying off the shelves. I'm HOPEFULLY going to go after class today and finally snag one!

Somehow I have made it to today and only have a 1 page paper for history tomorrow left. I have no idea how I've gotten through this week. Keva did hire someone and they are now treating me like a jerk for asking for the agreed upon schedule to go into effect in 2 weeks.

Had an amazing prayer meeting last night at church and we are preparing for revival this weekend. I hadn't been to church in 2 weeks due to work. I get to go 4 times this weekend between revival services and the anniversary service at my old church!!

Also, where have swing dresses been my whole life?!? Most comfortable dress I've ever had on.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

sunlight

Roscoe... What did you do with the studebaker?
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

SippinTea

Hurray for Mama Intuition and God's healing. Teddy got croup and apparently I did everything right. Or so says the pediatrician. But the poor fellow is miserable as can be. It's absolutely pitiful.  :cry2:

I need a break. I'm thinking Italy. Gelato. Coffee. Pastries. The Med Sea. Yes, I like this idea.

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

SippinTea

Oh, Jenn, I'm late responding, but no, I haven't tried Febreeze. Tell me more, dearie, tell me more.

"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

Heather

Got a job offer this evening....from my pastor!!! I'm putting in my notice at Keva tomorrow and will start at the bakery next week!!! I'll be in charge of mixing up the batter, cookie dough, icing, etc on mondays for the week. I'm so excited. All I said to Brandon was 'i got offered a job' and he said take it before I could even finish. He found out was it was for and where and with who and he's ALL on board. I'm so excited!!!

MsJennJenn

Quote from: SippinTea on March 03, 2016, 10:21:21 PMOh, Jenn, I'm late responding, but no, I haven't tried Febreeze. Tell me more, dearie, tell me more.

There is a febreeze commercial that made me think of it.
it shows the teenagers room and its stench...lol but the mom daily sprayed febreeze everywhere, the room, the clothes, the boy haha and she eventually wouldn't smell his stench anymore, just febreeze. i dunno if it would work for his actual body odor? but maybe for all of the other smells? haha

https://youtu.be/N7_W2oEbH8Q

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

MsJennJenn

Quote from: HeatherB on March 04, 2016, 01:08:23 AMGot a job offer this evening....from my pastor!!! I'm putting in my notice at Keva tomorrow and will start at the bakery next week!!! I'll be in charge of mixing up the batter, cookie dough, icing, etc on mondays for the week. I'm so excited. All I said to Brandon was 'i got offered a job' and he said take it before I could even finish. He found out was it was for and where and with who and he's ALL on board. I'm so excited!!!

aww heather that is sooooo awesome! now you really will be able to do church every week then?
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

taco_harvell

Dried sage in shoes helps kill oder in shoes. My mom used it in my brothers shoes, he didn't like wearing socks and his shoes stunk. Dry sage, and also putting them in a trash bag and freezing them also worked.

Weird how walking on your tip toes for 6 months can make you stumble when your foot is flat again.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

taco_harvell

Lynx

Quote from: HeatherB on March 04, 2016, 01:08:23 AMGot a job offer this evening....from my pastor!!! I'm putting in my notice at Keva tomorrow and will start at the bakery next week!!! I'll be in charge of mixing up the batter, cookie dough, icing, etc on mondays for the week. I'm so excited. All I said to Brandon was 'i got offered a job' and he said take it before I could even finish. He found out was it was for and where and with who and he's ALL on board. I'm so excited!!!
Yay for working at a bakery! :D :D :D People are always more happy when they go to a bakery.

Are they hiring?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

Morning, all. :hi:
My life is absolutely AMAZING. As you know, I had an interview for a local probation parole job. My current job, although awesome, is 120 mile round trip from home, which means in addition to wear and tear on the vehicle, an hour and a half a day wasted on road warrioring with morons. But the pay is very good, not likely to be matched in my local area without a degree... thus, there I be. It was a gift from God, that saved my marriage, walk with God, and possibly my life.  However, I told Lou when I took it six years ago, I felt that it was a temporary solution, and I haven't ever shook that feeling. I've applied for a couple of jobs, but God said no.
So, just before Christmas, one of my coworkers applied and was hired by Community Corrections for Parole Officer in his home county. I'd looked into that in the past, but they required a bachelor's degree, and I have no college due to bad choices as a kid, and entry level was approximately $15k less than what we make a year.
My coworker told me that it had changed and with a letter one could get a waiver based on Law enforcement experience. AND- he got to take his salary, which was huge.
While talking to my chief about him leaving, we pulled up the state website and behold, a job in my home county, exactly like what my coworker took. With my Chief's blessing, I spoke with Lou, Pastor, and prayed about it, then applied.
When some of my governor staff friends heard, they began making calls. :o  I got the interview. I went to it, felt it went okay, but worried I might have blown it because I was nervous. Chief told me not to worry I was a strong interviewer based on my interview with him, and it'd be good, he was praying for God's will for me.
Yesterday at approximately 2pm, I received a call. They offered me the job, telling me that they would pay me 10% less than I make now, but in one year I'd get that back. I spend that in gas money. And further proof of God's working- Lou received a $1.30 an hour raise effective this pay check that we didn't expect. This pretty much covers everything I would lose.
So- by the end of the month or so, I shall be probation and parole, less than ten minutes from my house. :clap:
Only down side is- some might remember me complaining that I couldn't seem to lose that last 20 lbs? Well, they intend to help. Despite my 15 years of experience, Instructor certificate, Firearms instructor certificate-I have to go back through the academy. Just like a newbie. In August. Complete with three times a week mile and a half runs, every morning exercises, and confined to the Academy. Thankfully, it's just six weeks, but lord that'll be rough on my 40 year old butt.
I'm excited, overjoyed, dreading, and a ton of other emotions.... :laughhard:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Heather

Hooray for new jobs!!!!! No Isaac-they currently are not hiring. They know my situation at Keva and miss me at church, so I'm an exception. Plus with their church and bakery duties, it gives them a day [or half day off] from either.

Yes Jenn-this does mean I can regularly be in church!!!!

I felt a twinge of guilt as I was writing out my resignation this morning, then I remembered that they scheduled me next week at Keva on only my church days and with the guy who threatened my life and that twinge went away.

One more class then I'm on spring break!

The Purple Fuzzy

MsJennJenn

-Alexander Den Heijer-

taco_harvell

Can we request videos of those runs? Asking for a friend...

Roscoe

Quote from: taco_harvell on March 04, 2016, 10:42:51 PMCan we request videos of those runs? Asking for a friend...
:pound:
 No. You may NOT. I, however, shall doubtless excel...:hypocrite:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Quote from: taco_harvell on March 04, 2016, 10:42:51 PMCan we request videos of those runs? Asking for a friend...
I may or may not be the friend... :hypocrite:
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on March 05, 2016, 01:55:40 AM
I may or may not be the friend... :hypocrite:
:pound: I may or may not stop on the way to Gatlinburg  solely  to beat you for that comment. .:pound:
 It's 6 am. On a Saturday,  my day off. And I am awake and have been since 5.
Guess I'll get dressed and go to the hamfest early, even though the gate doesn't open until 8.

Heather

First day of spring break! Didn't set an alarm but my body was up and ready for the world at 8 am. I feel like we are going to have a heart to heart about this. Officially put in my notice at Keva. The owners and manager were very understanding and not surprised given recent events there. I start the bakery on Monday!

First night of revival was awesome. 1 filled with the Holy Ghost so far!

MelodyB

Yall rub these job blessings on me! I need a job. Of course I haven't officially started looking proactively. I will start that on Tuesday.

Monday is my last day with my girls. :sadbounce: but I'm glad I still go to church with them. I just won't be at their house with them twice a week. I'll miss that for sure.

I found a small fish tank at a yard sale yesterday...$4. I couldn't pass it up and now I have a new little friend named Mallard.

My apartment is all unpacked and functional...still need a washer and dryer, but other than that I'm good.

Toodles!
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

MsJennJenn

Melbs I cant imagine where you got Mallard lol
Ducky! Hahaha
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Heather

Last nights revival service didn't even make it to the preachin. God swooped in during worship and we stayed there for almost 2 hours. This morning I'm going to anniversary service at my old church then to our last service of revival. One of the lucky aspects of having sunday services at 2:30. Brandon is out to get me an Dr Pepper IV drip to get me through the day. Lol.

I'm starting a couch to 5K program this coming Tuesday with a friend from church. I'm part of the local 'fun run' group on FB but have yet to go to any of their meets because I'm slower than my friends who are in it.

Roscoe

:hi: Had a good day yesterday, went to a ham radio swap meet, then done some major spring cleaning and took Rusty for a ride. My inner bookworm was thrilled to discover that my mother in law was having a yard sale, and a coworker had given her a ton of Christian fiction. I scored 27 Karen Kingsbury books. She's an awesome writer that I enjoy a lot, right up there with Dee Henderson.
Then I came home, played ham radio a bit, and smoked 3 lbs of ground sirloin burgers for Lou and the kids that invaded my home. Yes, I ate two.
Today, I'm at work. I've filled out all of my paperwork for the new job, except for the doctors part, which will be done tomorrow. And, I took advantage of the empty building this morning. They want me to run a mile and a half in 16 minutes, 55 seconds. I fast walked, wearing 30 lbs of police gear, the mile and a half in 25 minutes without being winded. I suspect without the gear and modifying it with a few minutes jogging I could get close now. I'll be spending some time before academy day preparing though. It'd be nice to not look like an out of water porpoise, panting when I run. :lol:

The Purple Fuzzy

It seems silly to me that you have to retake the course.