News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

You hate making it or eating it?
Quote from: Roscoe on October 18, 2019, 01:31:27 AM:hi: Made it through the day. Spent all evening in that most traditional of all Pentecostal activity- Making Peanut Brittle. Our church has made it for 40 years. I hate it as much now as I did then. LOL

sunlight

I want some pecan brittle. Or pecan or cashew caramel popcorn.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

That's just what I was about to say. I'm not big on peanut brittle, but I would drive over to Arkansas to buy pecan brittle. Nobody makes it any more though. I think it's because pecans are too expensive these days to be wasting them in brittle. :(
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 18, 2019, 03:19:38 AMYou hate making it or eating it?
Quote from: Roscoe on October 18, 2019, 01:31:27 AM:hi: Made it through the day. Spent all evening in that most traditional of all Pentecostal activity- Making Peanut Brittle. Our church has made it for 40 years. I hate it as much now as I did then. LOL

Both. LOL. I'm not a big hard candy fan. I guess it comes from so many years of having bad teeth. Even though they are gone now, the memories remain, I guess, of the pain. Dragging a bit this morning, but I've managed to get a little work done.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

mini

I love pecan brittle.  But from experience, it's harder to make.  But oh so worth it.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Roscoe

:hi:
 Slept in a bit today and enjoyed a pleasant ride in Rusty before coming home and doing some work on my air compressor. Now, sitting here about to put together a message for tomorrow, hopefully.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

And it is Sunday. I slept in, then got rousted to make homemade biscuits for my wife. They turned out amazing. Now I'm full as a tick and don't wanna do anything..

Lynx

Huh... I just had to log in again, and now the forum looks different. Did I switch to an alternate reality or did an automatic update clear the logins on the server?

If I ever vanish and nobody ever hears from me again, it will be because I finally couldn't remember my old login name.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Nelle

I always loved making peanut brittle! Our church here does it every Christmas, but they are a little... territorial about how it's done and whatnot. You feel a bit like you're maybe in a place YeOlePoliceman puts people. BUT we still try to go help if they're making it when we aren't working. (They usually did it during the day.)

@Work. Don't want to be. :)

We leave Friday morning for Ohio for Jeremy's friend's wedding! I'm excitedly nervous because I've never met any of them.

Roscoe

Yeah, it looks a bit different. Musta had an upgrade. Morning all.  Last night was a good service. Seemed to be a bit heavy at first, but when asked, my prayer warriors came through and God moved. So thankful for people who will unashamedly let God use them.
 Back at work. Like Nelle- Don't wanna be. People began pushing my buttons at approximately 8 am this morning, when I picked up the phone for the first time. Had to remember my daily prayer/bible verse/creed for my life- "Create in me a clean heart, oh Lord, and renew a right spirit within me". 'Cause what is there right now isn't right, and I'm not so sure that a heart devising multiple ways to kill someone could be considered clean...

I've made it to the halfway point of the day without committing a felony though.

Soubriquet

Yeah I did an update the other day. It was either update or delete, so...
the web guy (the one who's usually at fault when it doesn't work)

Lynx

Bobby's quote for the day: Lord give me patience, because if you give me strength you're gonna have to throw in some bail money to go with it.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Soubriquet on October 21, 2019, 07:39:56 PMYeah I did an update the other day. It was either update or delete, so...

and we few, but mighty, appreciate you.  :hug:
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Roscoe

Quote from: MsJennJenn on October 21, 2019, 09:58:07 PM
Quote from: Soubriquet on October 21, 2019, 07:39:56 PMYeah I did an update the other day. It was either update or delete, so...

and we few, but mighty, appreciate you.  :hug:
Amen! I know it may not mean much to most, but it picks me up to check in here and to look back on past discussions..

Roscoe

:hi: Late shift today. Got up, took Chey to school, took Lou breakfast and went by the church to pray a bit. I needed that. Now, a long day stretches ahead.

Nelle

Day 2 of 4 until escape..

(...from work. :) I get to miss a day of work!!)

I have to still get my husband to try on his shirts so that we know he has something to wear to this wedding. I still have to figure my clothing choices as well, but I have a plethora to choose from.. LOL.

I am so enjoying getting to wear sweaters. I probably could wear them year-round if I wore them at work. The a/c has run just as much as in the summer, I do believe. It's not even hot outside. The guys are coming in with jackets on! I just run my little heater when I get too chilled tho.

Roscoe

I get made fun of because the one redeeming quality about cold weather for me is being able to wear baggy sweaters and pullovers. I like them because they are comfy and as an added bonus, my favorite pistol of all time, (a 1911 Kimber Ultra Carry Tactical .45, if there is a gun nut here that wants to know) fits perfectly under the hem of a sweater. It is kinda bulky for concealed carry in the summer, so I resort to the smaller Kimber Micro Carry 9 for summer carry. For those whose eyes glazed over hearing gun talk- Cliff's notes: I get to carry big bang bang instead of little bang bang. :laughhard: Much more satisfying.

Just 2 hours from finished for the day...

Lynx

But... isn't it only more satisfying if you actually get to go bang-bang with it? Or is merely having it on your person more satisfying? And if you actually used it, I thought that was a BAD thing that you had to go bang-bang.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

:hi: Had defensive tactics today. Haven't been near the computer.
And Isaac, it is immensely satisfying to shoot the gun at the range, comforting to have it on me, and very bad if I HAVE to make it bang. In any situation though, I prefer the larger caliber, due to its superior knock down power. Just having the larger gun on me gives me comfort, as if you shoot someone or something with the 9mm, they may keep coming, depending on shot placement. But if you hit them anywhere with that huge chunk of lead coming out of a .45, even in the toe, they gonna stop...

Ashlee

:hi: Hi everyone!  Just got back from Hawaii a couple of days ago.  Went for hubby's va appointments again.  It is so good to be home, but we are so broke lol.

The Purple Fuzzy

You're the 4th person that I know that was in Hawaii last week.

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 24, 2019, 01:26:34 PMYou're the 4th person that I know that was in Hawaii last week.
I wish I was number 5. Like today. With a pocketful of cash. Sadly, that is NOT my current destination.
:hi: @Ashlee

Back at work. Gonna do a handful of home visits today, since my partner will be out tomorrow. I will have nothing to do tomorrow. LOL

Nelle

@Work. Today is my Friday!

We are leaving tonight for Indianapolis. Tomorrow we will arrive in Toledo. He's too excited to see his buddies to wait the additional evening. Our furry babies will hate us when they realize this tonight, because they LOVE getting to come into the living areas with us when we are home. If any animal was ever a spy, it will be a cat. I can't move anything in or out without it being noticed and sniffed. I've followed a bunny trail from my original thought.. I thankfully have given then some new hiding places in their dedicated space. As soon as we can move that old futon rail out, I can install their new tall cat tree. It's literally 6' tall. They have new beds coming sometime soon, but I ordered them from Zulily so it could still be the middle of next month before they even ship to me.

They're talking about going to the zoo, maybe a museum, or some resale shops this weekend while we are there in OH. I'm hoping so. I love ALL of those places!! I'm honestly a little nervous about this trip because I am very different from all of these people. They have more in common with Jeremy than me.. other than that we all love cats, LOL. I know it'll be fun though, so I'm hoping everything goes smoothly!

sunlight

My kid likes cats. Especially ones he can pick up. Lol.
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

Lynx

The trick to picking up almost any cat is to put one arm under the feet. Cats feel more secure when they have something under their paws.
"Do you sing at church?"