News:

You can reach your profile and change its settings here.

Main Menu

We Contemplate on Beans in Sharing 513

Started by mini, June 17, 2019, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on September 28, 2019, 04:48:03 AMWe may need to have an intervention for your automobile addiction...
LOL.
This one is not my fault. This one is Chey. Totally. She is 13 now and contemplating that oh so wonderful rite of passage- The First Car. She wanted the Jeep originally, which is why I sold my corvette and bought it. But she now thinks that a C3 Corvette, made from '68 to '82, is SO much cooler. I have to agree. And as those were very dark days for American performance, the later C3s, from about '74 to '80 ish only had around 150- 160 hp, which most honda civics have now.  So it's not like I'd be handing her a 170 mph cruise missle- these things run out of steam around 100, and only have 85 on the dashboard, which the aformentioned Honda will out do.
But, the 'vette is SO much sexier. :lol: And for the unknowing, it's a HOT car. (She sent a pic of one we are looking at to a boy from Bro Sorrell's church she has a crush on. His response was " Holy cow! What a beautiful vintage Corvette!" He nearly stroked out when she informed him that her Daddy was trying to trade for it to be HER first car. I think HE'S in love- Chey is gorgeous, sweet, a gun nut, and now a 'vette! :laughhard:)
Good Lord willing, she will get one. If not, it won't be because Daddy didn't try...
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

I think there's a song about that somewhere... something like Mustang Sally... "Better slow your mustang down!" :sing:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Heather

hi. found a doctor who actually listens. actually got a diagnosis. started meds. feel soooo much better. trying to sort out a vacation. brandon is out the door to work and i'm headed out shortly to church. bye.
Keep it simple. Just love Jesus. -Sister Ali

Roscoe

:hi: 2 o'clock service today. After church we came home and I mowed the yard, and did a bit o work on the fender that I'm working on for Sam. Closer to being ready for paint. Of course at my current rate of progress, it'll be ready right about the time it gets too cold to paint...lol.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Roscoe

Ok. Y'all got to get to talking. :pound:

I'm nearly halfway though Monday. Bah.

mini

So a guy has to go out of town for a business trip.  His prized animal, a cat who he dotes on, has to be left behind.  So this guy asks his knuckleheaded brother to watch his precious cat.

The next day, he calls his brother and asks how his cat is.

"The cat died." replies his brother.

"You knucklehead!  You could have told me the cat was on the roof, then when I called back you could have said you took it food and water but it wouldn't eat, then you could have told me it died the 3rd time I called!"

After he cooled down, he asked "How's mom?'

"Um, she's on the roof."
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

MsJennJenn

One of my bff's got married yesterday. Long day. I sang At Last.

Why can't I stay in bed. whine whine  :cry2:

"When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

The Purple Fuzzy

It's snowing in Idaho & Montana but its 93* here.

Lynx

Yeah, an acquaintance showed a picture of snow he got today. Meanwhile it was 94 here. NOT FAIR!
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Roscoe

:hi: For once, I think I would join y'all in the call for snow. I'd like us to have a pretty, nice and deep snowfall around the week of Christmas, deep enough I could get a few extra days off. Then it needs to vanish and us move on to glorious 70 degree plus Spring.
Me and cold don't see eye to eye.

The Purple Fuzzy

I'm sitting at the doctors office waiting on my mom to have some sort of test done.

Roscoe

Back at work. Strangely, I've only scheduled two people all day. Gonna make for a slow day,as I have pretty much caught up everything I needed to on my caseload.

Lynx

Say that a little louder Bobby. Your boss has a lot of stuff that needs to be done. :p
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Boy Howdy. ell, I wound up doing some home visits. Home now, working on a message for tonight or Sunday, as God wills....

Lynx

"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Lynx

Well ma'am, y'all in Texas. That might have a bit to do with it.

What I'm trying to figure out is 96F in October in Tennessee. That's what it is supposed to hit today.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Had to go yesterday and get my permanent crown reattached. It fell out when I was flossing yesterday morning. I did spaz out.. LOL. All is well again, but everytime I wake up in the night, I check for the tooth. It didn't even occur to me that it would possibly come back out - until now! LOL.

Eating a mozzarella string cheese stick and drinking last night's sweet tea from Sonic. (Still had ice. EEE!!)

Jeremy's mom's father (Gpa Sandlin) is not doing well. They live in the same town as us, but like most of the rest of their family, we rarely see them. He's been asking to see him/us, so we are hopefully going to their house tonight. He's been praying that Jesus would take him on home. Very sad, but I can't imagine feeling any different. I haven't known him when he wasn't feeling badly, and I've lived here 7 years and counting.

Roscoe

:hi: Completed the workday, and took off a bit early. Went and looked at not one but TWO C3 Corvettes. Both are marginally doable IF the Jeep sells. One of them, the owner is willing to take the Jeep in trade. Of course that's the one that Cheyenne likes the least. The other, a bright yellow car, as in eye searing yellow, has her heart. It's a matter of time before I'm back in debt and one of them follows me home......

Lynx

Wait, what's the color of the one she likes least, the one the owner would take a jeep for?

I gotta agree - and I'm not even a car enthusiast - that a hot yellow corvette would look all kinds of cool.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on October 04, 2019, 02:06:28 AMWait, what's the color of the one she likes least, the one the owner would take a jeep for?

I gotta agree - and I'm not even a car enthusiast - that a hot yellow corvette would look all kinds of cool.

The one that she likes least is a nice shade of silver- but it has the amazing side pipes (exhaust pipes that are chrome and run just under the door sill..very cool looking and sounding, with the added benefit of guaranteeing that you will be cautious getting out, lest you toast your leg) and sounds awesome. And it has a newer engine and overdrive transmission that the yellow one does not....but it's paint job IS worse.

The one she wants is definitely not going to let her ease around unnoticed, even without the ubercool side pipes. We drove it about 5 miles, through town and to Walmart and people were staring at it, even though it is not perfect. Very eye catching. And after driving it, I am less concerned about her getting in trouble with it. It IS cool- but if she gets in a drag race with her mama in the Lincoln, she will be embarrassed. I'm not sure that Rusty won't outrun it. :laughhard:   I "got on it" once, and coulda drank a coke before we hit 70.

The Purple Fuzzy

I suggest waiting on the fancy car until she's driven at least a year. Seems like they always have at least a minor fender bender.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on October 04, 2019, 02:25:01 AMIt IS cool- but if she gets in a drag race with her mama in the Lincoln, she will be embarrassed. I'm not sure that Rusty won't outrun it. :laughhard:   I "got on it" once, and coulda drank a coke before we hit 70.
This is a Corvette we're talking about? Really? Even a NAVY Corvette is more agile...
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: The Purple Fuzzy on October 04, 2019, 02:42:21 AMI suggest waiting on the fancy car until she's driven at least a year. Seems like they always have at least a minor fender bender.
I'm thinking that  the 'vette will be a Daddy car/weekend driver and she will get a cheap import for the first years or so for a daily. :lol:

Roscoe

Lou drug me out of my comfy bed at 8 am this morning and made me go yardsale-ing. Like 200 miles of it. LOL. Then I came home, wore to a frazzle, sat down and opened the Bible and God started pouring tomorrow's sermon on. I hope I can deliver it in the manner I got it. Oh, and in the middle of the studying, I got a call from the PD- one of my wayward children had been picked up with drugs and I had to go test him and speak with him. I used the time to and from the jail to talk to God, nearly had a revival of my own. Oh, and I saw Ms Hattie, my other mother, sitting on her porch and stopped to check on her on the way back. That turned into an hour of talk that blessed my soul.
Guys, when you know you are in the will of God, and have received confirmation, there is literally nothing better....