News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

It's all so simple.

Started by Melody, January 23, 2013, 06:20:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melody

I am in awe of God's simplicity.  It is the most brilliant thing I know thus far about Him.  Everything vast and deep, intellectual and Spiritual- as if there is a difference with Him, is yet ever simple.

He said we must come to him like a child.  Even a child can understand who God is on a basic level.  And God's brilliance overwhelms me again.  All of God's truths on the most basic level are easy enough for a child to understand. 

I don't know when the age of accountability exactly is, but I know that my kids started asking deep simple questions like: "How does God allow soldiers killing people when He says 'Thou shall not kill?'"  And they are not looking for complicated answers but are able to understand simple truths.  I wish I could bottle up all the times God's grace gave me answer for them at that age.  Those truths can out preach any theologian.

This morning Hannah came to me full of thought.  You see, while we are doing this wonderful new homeschool curriculum, it is deeply trinitarian.  Hannah has been trying to wrap her mind around how the teacher in the video can say such oneness scriptures and yet be confused about how God is indeed one individual entity.  Hannah is zealous for this teacher to "just see it." 

Now, of course we have taught our kids, the fundamental truths.  And they continue to be wonderfully reiterated in church and fellowship.  But here this morning, is Hannah and I having a deep theological and historical discussion on the oneness of God.  It's so very simple to her.  It all makes sense.  Of course it does!  God is not the author of confusion.  She finds the idea of the trinity entirely confusing.  And it rolls over me in brighter revelation.  God, in His infinite brilliance, is still simple. When it comes to the very CORE of reality for every individual, the very first understanding that is essential is God.  Having an understanding of who God is founds each and every one of our lives.  God made Himself plain to all man.  Yes, it requires the humility of a child, but even in that, He is vastly brilliant.  For mentally impaired, children, all conscience man, can understand God. 

If all I had for a rebuttal against the trinity is that it is complicated and confusing, that would be enough.  If I had to stand before a panel and expound the truth of oneness, I need only do one thing.  I need only approach one person, look them in the eye and say, "Because the greatest intimacy is this, one on one."  Out the door would every imagination of praying to 3 distinct persons that are in harmony.  And then yet more truth is revealed.  The trinity, possibly satan's greatest invention, is exposed to do one thing in which all other stumbling blocks come.  It removes the intimacy of a relationship to a great creator that encompasses all space and time.  It steals away the depth of God's manifestations as from Him and no one else.  It pulls one back, to face a panel, instead of close to the face of a Father. 

If I were speaking to 3, even in perfect agreeance individuals, there is no intimacy. Even the level of intimacy of 2 parents speaking to one child pales in comparison to the intimate conversations of one parent to one child alone.  It is the fundamental building block of love, it is the source of marriage, it pivots all of reality on this: That God Almighty can only be such if He is all God.  All God, those two words, to any child, are simple.  One God.  To be All anything must require it source from one. 

I'm flooded with words and analogies for something a 3yr. old can grasp.  There is one God.  I conversed and yet an awe welled up within me this morning that led me to prayer.  It wasn't difficult for Hannah to understand how God filled a fleshly body and yet still all space and time.  She easily grasped that we are spirits with a body and God does the same thing when we receive His Holy Spirit.  That we are then 2 spirits in one body, God holding our proverbial hand, teaching us to live the way He came to show us to live.  It was completely fathomable that just how we speak third person to a toddler, Jesus needed to speak to us as a brother about God while on this earth.  It wasn't difficult for her to see how He didn't want Israel to worship a man, but know HIM for HIM. 

Sweetly she says, "And that's why He didn't want Israel to worship Him in a body, because His body was just for showing us He knows how this it feels and for dying for our sins.  He didn't want any more baby lambs to die for our sins, He made the lambs too."

"A righteous man cares for the life of his beast," is what immediately comes to mind.  I had never considered God's care for His other creation. All the spilt blood of baby lambs.  I've belittled God's other creation as though it has been of no consequence.  But we know God cares for all His creations even though we are the only ones with an eternal spirit/ conscience.  Just a side note of God's compassion I suppose.

It was all such a simple and yet profound discussion.  How I wished teaching who God is was this simple with everyone! 

To come to God as a child, God must be simple enough for a child to grasp.

I can't even remember everything that was said in our conversation now but when we finished I had to go to my room and just be before Jesus in gratitude.  My mental image of God had just become more intimate.  I walked up to Him and cherished that I could speak solely to Him.  There were not 3 entities huddled around me, answering in trio.  It was not a group hug.  It was my God paying full attention to what I was saying to Him, and I listening to my one creator in whom I trust.  ♥

What a privilege to serve only ONE God! What an intimacy we've been granted by revelation. 

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

mini

Quote from: MellowYellow on January 23, 2013, 06:20:56 PM
Sweetly she says, "And that's why He didn't want Israel to worship Him in a body, because His body was just for showing us He knows how this it feels and for dying for our sins."

Beautiful.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

This is why I think all ministers should start out teaching children's church.  When you have to teach children you realize how simple it is.

To borrow a term from a site of which I'm not even part...  :like:
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: