News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

Not in Good Taste (thankfully)

Started by mini, February 17, 2011, 02:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mini

Pablo Picasso : The chief enemy of creativity is good taste.

A friend quoted this to me the other night.  Actually, he quoted Rich Mullins quoting it.  Rich said he read that Picasso wrote "Good taste is the enemy of great art."  Rich said people would always tell him, "God loves you."  To which he would respond, "Big deal, God loves everybody, that don't make me special, it just proves God ain't got no taste."

How true.

Before you jump on me about such a irrelevant quote, think back where God found you.  You were a tasteless piece of the worlds discarded art.  If you or I today were able to go back and look at you at the point in life God found you, would you or I be willing to say that you had a life worth salvaging?  I doubt it.  Yet God saw something in you that you and I couldn't see or imagine at that point.

The funny thing about God is he knew exactly what he was getting into when he called you.  He knew your flaws, he knew your issues, he even knew if you would fail him.  And he chose you anyway.  The next time you get down in the dumps because of yourself, think about that:  God knew exactly what he was getting into when he called you out of a tasteless lifestyle.

It sure makes this verse stand out: 
Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.

You are a life worth the price that was paid for it, however tasteless you were.

-mini
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

:like:

And it still puzzles me.  I can't help feeling God deliberately cheated Himself.
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!