News:

Remember to check out the Devotions & Poems forum!

Main Menu

Chapters

Started by taco_harvell, May 04, 2010, 06:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

Today, has been a very hard day. I literally feel crushed. I have felt the weight of many burdens I have been carrying seem like they all caved in on me at once. Burdens I thought were mine that weren't, burdens that were mine that I couldn't let go of. Things I have held on to out of fear of letting them go. Not giving to God complete and utter control over them.

Afraid to let them go because if I gave them completely into God's hands it would mean chapters of my life are finally completely closed. Chapters of my life that I defined my life by. Today, God showed me that a chapter has to close completely before the next one can begin.

I had to let go of the pain of the last chapter and the burdens that came with it so my new chapter could begin. It took those burdens crushing me to the point of breaking to let them go. The walls I had built around my heart to protect these burdens had to fall. When they did I was able to finally give them to God. It hurt! But, with the pain came release. I felt as if an actual weight that had been holding me down was lifted. I had to realize even my pain and sorrow don't belong to me those belong to HIM.

Now, that I see the last chapter of my life has been printed and brought to a close I sit in anticipation to see the next one. Because no great story is ever told n a single chapter.

Mat 11:28  Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
Mat 11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mat 11:30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Jason
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

SippinTea

Lots of things to ponder in that one.

Thanks for sharing, Jason

:beret:
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

(R.I.P.) YooperYankDude

Excellent Post!

Hebrews 12:1-2
(1)  Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
(2)  Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

And that remembering that a new chapter does not mean the end of the book... it means a new chapter.  :grin:

*Yoop hugs Jason in one of those Fellow "Founding Bachelors" sort of hugs...*

Feed The Bachelors 2010

RainbowJingles

Quote from: taco_harvell on May 04, 2010, 06:26:09 PM
Because no great story is ever told n a single chapter.

Now THAT, sir, was a REALLY good quote!