News:

Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

The Husbands Duty!

Started by taco_harvell, April 16, 2010, 12:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taco_harvell

The Husbands Duty!

Eph 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;
Eph 5:26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,
Eph 5:27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
Eph 5:28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
Eph 5:29 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
Eph 5:30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
Eph 5:31 For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.

As a married man these scriptures have meant a lot to me over the past 4 ½ years. It is a great commandment to us as men as to how we are to treat our wives. So many times we can put our families especially our wives on the back burner and think about jobs, hobbies, or ourselves first. However let me ask you does Christ place anything before the Church? Are we not first in his mind?

We men sometimes suffer from a lack of sense, as a man I can say that. It is inherit for some reason in men for us to want things to go our way or the highway. However as married men we have someone else to consider in every situation in life. Would you ever send your head across town and leave your body at home? When you make any decision with out considering your wife and how it will affect her and the relationship between you that's exactly what you have done. A head is useless with out a body! It can tell an arm to move but with out an arm there what good is it.

A lot of people use this scripture to say "I will die for my wife" but so few are willing to do what it really says and live for her. Do all you can for her. Tell her you love her. Jesus clearly lets the church know in so many ways how much He loves us. Jesus does things for the church beyond imagination and never ask anything in return. We should never treat our wives in a way that when we do any little thing for them we expect to receive payment or reward. This is a strong commandment concerning marriage and one when put into practice would save a lot of marriages from divorce. I found the following poem I will leave you with.

Tell Her So
Amid the cares of married life,
In spite of toil and business strife,
If you value your sweet wife,
Tell her so!
There was a time you thought it bliss
To get the favor of a kiss;
A dozen now won't come amiss-
Tell her so!
Do not act as if she has passed her prime,
As though to please her were a crime-
If e'er you loved her, now is the time;
Tell her so!
Never let her heart grow cold;
Richer beauties will unfold.
She is worth her weight in gold;
Tell her so!

God Bless
Jason Harvell

Another blast from the past. This is at least 6 years old. Came across it this morning just thought I would share it.
In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/

TheGirl

I have honestly never looked at those scriptures like that.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!