News:

:teeth: To crack the Top 10 posters, you must have over 11,000 posts. :teeth:

Main Menu

My Personal Trinity

Started by RainbowJingles, February 28, 2008, 08:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RainbowJingles

I recently discovered that I had begun to believe in a sort of trinity.  For a girl who cut her teeth on "One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism," Acts 2:38 and Deuteronomy 6:4, this was a difficult conclusion to draw!

First in line was the God would would forgive sinners for any and everything.  He was powerful and loving, the personification of a merciful father, the epitome of forgiveness, the man who wasn't afraid of getting dirt on his hands from digging sinners out of the mud.

Next came the God Who could forgive my brothers and sisters in Christ even when they fell and landed smack dab on the less-than-pretty parts of their anatomy.  He was a loving Father, waiting with outstretched arms and perhaps a few short lectures.

Last came the God Who could forgive me.  He was stern.  His face was disappointed.  His love was meted out stingily.  His expectations of me were low, and his arms were crossed, wondering when I'd fall again, uncertain if I deserved to be forgiven.

Then I fell.  The mire surrounded me, threatening to overwhelm me.  I bowed my head and cried out tearfully, almost fearfully, to the God with crossed arms and limited love.  He refused to answer.  I deferred to the God of my friends, hoping that perhaps I could endure the lecture and be restored.  He did not come.

In desperation, I appealed to the God of the sinner.  He heard me.  He lifted my face and wiped the muddy tears.  It was in that moment that I realized that the same God who lifts the sinner restores the fallen.  He forgives His children with the same forgiveness that He forgives the worst of the sinners.  He is the same God.  I receive the same love when I bow my head before that same God whose arms are open to me.

Thank you, Jesus for Your unconditional love.  You are perfect.  Help me to strive for maturity in You while always remembering that You are always with me, ready to pick me up and help keep me going in the right direction if I fall.  You are indeed the "Lifter of my head."

I love you, Jesus.

Yes, I still believe in "One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism" but now I know assuredly that there is only "...One God and FATHER OF ALL."  I am His child.  He has opened His arms to me, and I'm ready for my Abba's hug.

-Elona

Sister_Mom

Wow! Beautiful!! Very uplifting and encouraging Elona! Excellent!  :great:
God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away, who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

RainbowJingles

Thank you.  'twas heartfelt indeed.

sunlight

:attackhug: Be full of hugs!

amanda18

Amen sister!! You just keep preaching it!!! YOu never know when something that you write on God place for Jesus Can Effect someones lifE!! Keep it real!!!

JUST DANCE!!

SippinTea

Wow. That was very thought-provoking.

ST
"Not everything that is of God is easy." -Elona

"When you're wildly in love with someone, it changes everything." -F. Chan

"A real live hug anytime you want it is priceless." -Rachel

MelodyB

Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

1legRooster

Holding my place so I can read this after work.

I am so glad there is Church tonight.... YAY
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:crockett:
The early bird get's the worm, but who wants to eat a worm.

almondjoy

WOW!   Very good and though provoking indeed.

RainbowJingles

EricShane

Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

almondjoy

RainbowJingles

**HUGS** AJ, too
**HUGS** Eric cuz it 'pears that he's lurking in my thread

sunlight

* sunlight hugs elona tight, and then tighter, and then tighter even still...

i miss you gal...
  :attackhug: Be full of hugs!

RainbowJingles

**HUGS** sunlight just cuz

I miss you, too, but I don't think the high has worn off enough for me to insert a sadbounce yet.  I'm still going through pictures and gathering memories and such.  :grin:  Maybe I'll sadbounce later.

MelodyB

Here...Ill do it for you.

:sadbounce:
Have you slapped that one dude from Indiana with a pie in the face today?

RainbowJingles

EricShane

Quote from: RainbowJingles on June 10, 2008, 07:32:47 AM
**HUGS** AJ, too
*grin*
Hebrews 12:12-16 Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed. Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord: Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God; lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you

almondjoy

Quote from: EricShane on June 12, 2008, 06:32:08 AM
Quote from: RainbowJingles on June 10, 2008, 07:32:47 AM
**HUGS** AJ, too
*grin*

**double grin**   :coollook: :highfive:

RainbowJingles

***triple grin***

***triple HUGS***

EricShane

nwlife

Bump.....As someone was looking for this, decided to bring it to everyone's attention.
Only through faith in the Grace of God through Jesus Christ am I saved. No other means and no other actions changes the predestination of my soul.

UPDATE:  I finally did find my wife.  Just waiting now to bring her to the USA!

Brother Dad

Quote from: nwlife on January 11, 2009, 07:43:30 AM
Bump.....As someone was looking for this, decided to bring it to everyone's attention.
Thank you, because I missed it before and it was well worth the time to read and digest it. 
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

RainbowJingles

taco_harvell

In love with RainbowJingles

http://lessonsintrust.blogspot.com/