News:

Did you sleep well? No, I made a few mistakes. -Steven Wright

Main Menu

Covid is being mean in Sharing 517!

Started by MelodyB, January 14, 2022, 01:54:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Purple Fuzzy

Dina said they had a hail storm earlier. It was only cloudy here. It got hot today. The thermometer on the porch said 91*.

Roscoe

Beautiful here today. Came to church. After Sunday School, I stuck around as is my habit, while Lou and Chey went home to nap. Brother-in-law brought by his newest acquisition for me to look at- a '54 GMC pickup. Now... church tonight, then home and tomorrow will be a Sam day, possibly.
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

A Sam day as in working on, or as in driving around in?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."
:sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing: :sing:

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 17, 2023, 01:48:44 PMA Sam day as in working on, or as in driving around in?
Unfortunately- a working on day. As this is Sam's current state:
340643638-986126005880305-8128283429387214719-n" border="0

And that black fender has to come off again for final adjustments and primer, and the grill is about to go in for primer as well.
It's alot of work being done on the old guy. Today I finished the final known metal patch, sealed it with rubberized bedliner as it is under the fender, did some finishing work with some body filler and sander...
At this point I'm just praying I'll get it done this year. It doesn't look like much work, but what seems to be ten minutes work winds up being several hours, and leads to something else..
  So, today I did that and took my daughter and niece looking for the niece a car. Kid is 18 about to go to college, and has what daddy called a "beer budget and champagne tastes." I'm trying to find a $2500-3500 car I can help her get, she's over here dreaming about $13k Lexus hardtop convertibles and $30k Dodge Challengers. :pound:
Potstirrer and snoop extraordinaire   "I have friends in overalls whose friendship I would not swap for the favor of the kings of the world."- Thomas Edison

Lynx

Wait, that's RUSTY that is currently in driving condition.

So all this time you've had two old trucks, not one. Or did you get bored with Rusty when you got it operational and sell it?
"Do you sing at church?"
"Yes I sing at church, I sing at home, at work, in the car, at the supermarket, at Wal-Mart..."

Lynx

Uncle Fred uses that beer/champagne phrase a lot. He also says he has caviar taste on a cheez whiz budget.
"Do you sing at church?"

Nelle

Wow... What a week so far.

I think I posted last week that I hadn't been feeling well. It went into my chest a little on Saturday and I had to stay home from almost every event over the weekend. I did go to worship service instead of that and sunday school due to how gross I felt I was sounding haha. I had a hard time participating due to my voice cracking and making me cough constantly, but I know I was meant to be there in that service anyway. Pastor preached about the 9 lepers not praising and the 2 Samaritan lepers going back to praise. He said WE are the 9 lepers and it's time to praise. We had tongues and interpretation after quite a heavy praise service. It was something like 'You have praised me, now anything you ask, I will give you." Boy. Our church has been raked through the coals the last three years with Covid, change and death. But this past year has been the worst. Our finances and our families have been attacked (or another word maybe since I don't like to give the-one-who-doesn't-deserve-to-have-his-name-said any extra credit) through our marriages and our health. I honestly can't think of a service where God hasn't shown out though. He's working through our church and the "world" doesn't like it. BUT.. That interpretation.. it was like a spiritual bomb went off. It was powerful.

I went last night after work to the clinic and received a steroid shot and antibiotics if I need them. I can tell that my body has appreciated that steroid shot through the fact that my energy level is unmatched compared to me lately lol.

Flash over to Monday.. it's chaos when I walk in the door at work. Pretty normal for the past year or two, but things got serious and scary quickly. I'll preface with a little back information first before I tell you what happened on our business property yesterday morning.

My coworker/friend Janet has/had a younger brother Justin who fell off a pole barn (while building it with their  brother Clay) and he never woke back up. That's been about 20+ years, but their pain/loss is fresh as if it was last month. Very understandable. Clay works here at the business if we need help delivering gravel or whatnot using our dump trucks or (like yesterday) helping us build a new pole barn to store our equipment. Clay fell 16' from the truss onto large gravel yesterday around 10:15am. He mainly landed on his hip area and he got life flighted out. Their entire family just had flashbacks, as well as us who have seen their grief over the years.

I'm praising God that Clay's life was immediately spared. I'm praising God that Clay only has minimal kidney area bleeding that the doctors are sure they can fix. I'm also praising God that although Clay has broken pelvic/hip bones and fractures in his back, there are no other broken bones. He is hopefully having surgery today or sometime soon on his hip/pelvic bones and they are managing his pain well. It's been sweet and heartbreaking seeing his kids and his wife by his side in St Louis at Barnes-Jewish (the other amazing hospital up there). His daughter Tiffany is up there with her mom and her brother, but she is literally due to deliver a baby next week. We've also been covering her with prayer so that there will be no issues arise for her. So if you get a chance.. please pray for Clay Shadowens and his family. He is in good hands, but has quite a long road.

My mother-in-law had her fundraiser benefit on Saturday. I think getting to be with friends really perked up her attitude as well. Did her a ton of good. Although the weather knocked out the car show that would've raised a substantial few thousand for her, the rest of the fundraiser apparently went well. I haven't heard a total yet, but we are so thankful for the prayers and donations everyone gave in her name. She has been improving as well. I don't know if I mentioned it here, but she is able to walk with a walker instead of just stuck in bed or in a wheelchair!

Roscoe

Wow, Nelle. Will be praying for Clay. And I totally understand about the church and all being raked through the coals. To some extent, I've felt like we live in the fire. But that's okay, because I know the Fourth Man is still walking in those flames and we WILL walk out victorious. Don't worry about the smoke smell that's just the smell of victory!
And in connection with the praise- I got woke up at 3am Friday morning. I don't know why God likes that hour  ???
Plain as day- "Tell My people to WORSHIP Me. Not just praise"

So I've been putting together a bible study for Wednesday night. It has gotten me carried away because every time I think I've completed my notes, I find something else. It may turn into multiple bible studies. LOL

Isaac- I'll always have Rusty. He gives me fits from time to time but he's my go to. At least as long as it is daylight. He's developed a headlight issue I've got to track down. LOL
Back at work. It started poorly. Forgot my gunbelt. Went and got it. Got a few miles down the road- forgot my phone. Had to go back AGAIN.  Grumpy as what. But life is good and I thank God for His blessings.

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Lynx on April 13, 2023, 01:33:42 AM
Quote from: MsJennJenn on April 12, 2023, 04:42:58 PMMy demon cat is WILD today. Okay he's wild every day.
Yesterday he broke two animals off of shelves.
Today he's knocked a plant over. with wet dirt cus i just watered.
he's been literally climbing in a window UNDER the blinds chasing a bug on the outside of the window.

AHHHHH  :updown:

My momma wouldn't put up with that junk. She has four cats now, had indoor cats all my life, but she doesn't tolerate that stuff from an animal less than 1/20th her mass.

Well tell her to teach me some tips. Cus Idk how LOL.
He's a cat he DOES NOT LISTEN.
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-
"When I wait, you strengthen my heart."
-Psalms 27:14-
:shine:

Nelle

Is he playing enough? Like getting enough energy out. He might just need to get worn out from playing.. like a kid who gets bored.

I know they say not to do it, but we sprayed ours with water when they were little.

I know one thing.. whatever it was that worked when they were kittens... they recognize that I'm their alpha and they'd better stop doing something if I tell them to stop, hahaha. Doesn't mean they don't wait until I'm not around to do it again of course, hahaha. I just THINK I'm in charge. Thankfully ours aren't too rambunctious. They sleep all day and all night long it seems these days.

Lynx

Quote from: Roscoe on April 18, 2023, 05:17:38 PMSo I've been putting together a bible study for Wednesday night. It has gotten me carried away because every time I think I've completed my notes, I find something else. It may turn into multiple bible studies. LOL

Yup, you've obviously been preaching for a while. New preachers will have 20 pages of notes and preach five minutes. Veterans will have four lines jotten on a napkin and preach an hour and a half.
"Do you sing at church?"

Roscoe

Quote from: Lynx on April 18, 2023, 09:57:00 PM
Quote from: Roscoe on April 18, 2023, 05:17:38 PMSo I've been putting together a bible study for Wednesday night. It has gotten me carried away because every time I think I've completed my notes, I find something else. It may turn into multiple bible studies. LOL

Yup, you've obviously been preaching for a while. New preachers will have 20 pages of notes and preach five minutes. Veterans will have four lines jotten on a napkin and preach an hour and a half.
I was accused of being long winded on easter. I had no notes, other than the sunday school lesson I read the title scripture to and forgot. I would have been offended had I not realized I had indeed , er, been a minute.

Roscoe

Lynx

Happens to the best of us.

At w*rk when someone says "Good morning!" I'll reply "I'm trying to not think about that" or "Fake news!"
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

Quote from: Nelle on April 18, 2023, 07:58:52 PMIs he playing enough? Like getting enough energy out. He might just need to get worn out from playing.. like a kid who gets bored.

I know they say not to do it, but we sprayed ours with water when they were little.

I know one thing.. whatever it was that worked when they were kittens... they recognize that I'm their alpha and they'd better stop doing something if I tell them to stop, hahaha. Doesn't mean they don't wait until I'm not around to do it again of course, hahaha. I just THINK I'm in charge. Thankfully ours aren't too rambunctious. They sleep all day and all night long it seems these days.

Oh yea he runs like a tornado allll morning LOL then he crashes most of afternoon/evening.
And i do have a spray bottle too. lol
 "When a flower doesn't bloom, you fix the environment in which it grows, not the flower."
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Urgh. Got firearms training today. And of course, it's overcast with a possibility of rain. And re:cats. That stupid thing of Chey's seems to be in everlasting heat again. All that creature does is yowl and act crazy. I've always been ambivalent towards cats- really didn't love or hate them totally- but this thing has changed that to absolute hate. As in I find no redeeming value in her.:pound:
Bible study went well last night. Had, if I counted correctly, and counting kids, 43 present. Taught the first section of my bible study, "The concept of worship, and what it truly is"
No one stoned me. I had to make myself stop though. I coulda been really long winded. :lol:

Lynx

Studying for a sermon sometimes feels like triage. Which parts can we afford to lose and which parts do we absolutely have to keep?
"Do you sing at church?"

The Purple Fuzzy

Nelle

I'm SO glad I didn't have to live through my cats heat cycles. We got them fixed ASAP because they were siblings and boy/girl pair ... and I wouldn't have made it through all that weirdness. Amazingly, our cats are still not super vocal anytime. They meow sometimes while they're playing with a toy, or when they want us or treats, haha.

@work. Gonna end up partially by myself by the time lunch happens. I'll have to go to the store for snacks before they leave since I can't leave the office unmanned.

Tomorrow at 11 I finally have my dentist appointment. Hoping they can figure out what's going on with that tooth so that I can stop chewing weird. Thankfully the discomfort has been minimal as far as pain lately.

I really need a vacation or just like a couple of days quiet somewhere.. even if it's just at home, haha. I feel like I'm on a runaway train speeding towards a brick wall. Work just keeps staying stressful, combined with church activities and responsibilities as well as family issues.. it's overwhelming.

MsJennJenn

Yea I adopted my cats pre-fixed lol. Keke meows in the AM when she's hungry but that's about it. Binxy meows very randomly and his meows are so cute I'm obsessed with his meows.  :updown:
-Alexander Den Heijer-

Roscoe

Morning- It is once more unkind to the fat old bald dude I saw in the mirror when I awoke.
Came a downpour last night. As in batten down the windows one more time, Noah, we going for a cruise downpour.
Today however it appears to be overcast but decent.
Tonight- youth deal at the church. I intend to make a rather brief appearance after work and roll to the house.
Spent last evening experimenting with casting my screen to the living room TV. It worked well, so I completed a Power Point for Bible study Wednesday night, just to experiment. They better not get too used to it- I don't know if I will have the time to do Power Points for every Bible Study. I KNOW that Sunday night messages won't have 'em. LOL
I DO need to go buy the church's monitor as well, and the mounting brackets. That may be a Saturday project.

mini

I got this today on a funnies list.  Made me think of the cat owners on here.

THEORIES OF CAT BEHAVIOR

LAW OF CAT INERTIA
A cat at rest will tend to remain at rest, unless acted upon by some outside force, such as the opening of cat food, or a nearby scurrying mouse.

LAW OF CAT MOTION
A cat will move in a straight line, unless there is a really good reason to change direction.

FIRST LAW OF CAT ENERGY CONSERVATION
Cats know that energy can neither be created nor destroyed and will, therefore, use as little energy as possible.

LAW OF BAG/BOX OCCUPANCY
All bags and boxes in a given room must contain a cat within the earliest possible nanosecond.

LAW OF FURNITURE REPLACEMENT
A cat's desire to scratch furniture is directly proportional to the cost of the furniture.

LAW OF CAT COMPOSITION
A cat is composed of Matter + Anti-matter + It Doesn't Matter.

LAW OF CAT OBEDIENCE
As yet undiscovered.
DISCLAIMER: All rights reserved. Meant for entertainment purposes only. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead is purely coincidental. Not necessarily the view of this website. This supersedes all previous notices.

I wonder if we made a wax figure of Mini, and then melted it, if we'd get Roscoe... -MellerYeller

Lynx

I can personally attest all these are fundamental laws of cat physics.
"Do you sing at church?"

MsJennJenn

I can attest to them also. lol

Roscoe it POURED here last night. Even hailed. Pea size. But sunny as can be today.
My garden loved the rain. Can't wait to see everything sprout up!
-Alexander Den Heijer-

The Purple Fuzzy

They had a small tornado touch down in Tyler.